• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

There is a pattern, whichever one starts gets cussed. [emoji1787]

And it's weirdly revisionist suddenly it's as of neither have ever played well for us when we know that's not true of either of them. It's disappointing that 2.5 seasons later we still have rarely seen them utilised in the correct way but that is what it is. We're sort of getting there finally.
It’s because coming on in a stretched game with fresh legs is far easier than starting.

It’s because coming on in a stretched game with fresh legs is far easier than starting.
Not looking to be down on NDombele but Lo Celso always looks ‘fresher’ than NDombele. Lo Celso is actually mobile and gets around the pitch well, he is far more a modern PL type of footballer - a technically better version of Lamela IMO. NDombele to his credit seems to be working on his fitness, but he could be the reason why Lo Celso and him rarely play at the same time. They know NDombele can’t last 90 minutes and it’s better Lo Celso replaces him or starts ahead of him and he comes off the bench, rather than the significant downgrade that would have to come off the bench later if they both play. Not saying that they shouldn’t both play together, but it could come into the managers thinking sometimes….

He should have scored
Or made mings work much harder
Good thing was he there in the right place
We know Tanguy wouldn’t have got there and would have tried three step overs first before trying to place it in
It’s why their very different players
One is a high energy number 10
The other is a midfielder and played his whole career as an CM in a 4 man midfield
He probably should’ve controlled it with his left and then placed it with his right, problem iis very

Looked they played 4-3-3 in the first half at least yesterday, with Rodri central and deep then Silva and De Bruyne either side of him, with Foden, Grealish and Jesus in the front 3. So much movement though when in possession.
They may have
I was stuck in traffic coming back from the lane

Not really
Can be argued we never have subs make an impact as they can’t get up to speed
We've never had the squad depth to bring on alternative quality. Any time we make subs unless the starter is coming back from injury it's a huge downgrade.

We've never had the squad depth to bring on alternative quality. Any time we make subs unless the starter is coming back from injury it's a huge downgrade.
But it’s also hard for subs to have impacts even if they are quality as the pace of game is varied
Gil Is a great sub option right now as he hold the ball and wins fouls.

But it’s also hard for subs to have impacts even if they are quality as the pace of game is varied
Gil Is a great sub option right now as he hold the ball and wins fouls.
He's a good sign because he is indeed quality. I can't think of many times we've had a player of his quality just sitting on the bench.

Tbh once Gil gets his starts berth the quality decrease or at lease a massive change in playstyle from Moura will come back into play.

He's a good sign because he is indeed quality. I can't think of many times we've had a player of his quality just sitting on the bench.

Tbh once Gil gets his starts berth the quality decrease or at lease a massive change in playstyle from Moura will come back into play.
It’s options and availability
Get that right and with some luck of fitness and the squad looks better

It’s becoming the new Defoe vs Keane, Walker v Trippier debates, for some it’s impossible to just like or rate both. Bizarre.

Interesting, I rate both highly, I just think Tanguy was poor yesterday. Tanguy definitely has the ability he just needs to be more effort. I think he should be doing for us what Kevin DeBryne does for Emirates Marketing Project.

Interesting, I rate both highly, I just think Tanguy was poor yesterday. Tanguy definitely has the ability he just needs to be more effort. I think he should be doing for us what Kevin DeBryne does for Emirates Marketing Project.
I get your point, but I can barely think of a less suitable comparison. De Bruyne is all about the team -- look how hard he works, and how much of his play is to create passing triangles, interplay, and through balls...with the occasional thumping strike.

Ndombele, even with his fitness and effort levels ramped up, would be more about ball skills. Hopefully with decent passing (unlike the woeful string of underhit passes yesterday) and some shots that aren't laughably bad, but it'd be a different skills map to De Bruyne.

EDIT: Actually, a better comparison would be our very own Moussa Dembele. A press-breaking beast on the ball but a bit short of the highest level when it came to passing and shooting.

Last edited:
I get your point, but I can barely think of a less suitable comparison. De Bruyne is all about the team -- look how hard he works, and how much of his play is to create passing triangles, interplay, and through balls...with the occasional thumping strike.

Ndombele, even with his fitness and effort levels ramped up, would be more about ball skills. Hopefully with decent passing (unlike the woeful string of underhit passes yesterday) and some shots that aren't laughably bad, but it'd be a different skills map to De Bruyne.

EDIT: Actually, a better comparison would be our very own Moussa Dembele. A press-breaking hunk of burning love on the ball but a bit short of the highest level when it comes to passing and shooting.
This is going to sound ridiculous to some given many thinks he should be out of the team and given up on.

Said it before, the player he reminds me of most is Zidane. Ability to beat players and lines of pressure through skill, physicality and passing. Astonishing amount of inventive moves and skill in tight areas.

Zidane was a better ball striker, and of course overall a much better player than Ndombele has been for us. Just a comparison in terms of attributes, not overall quality (so far at least).

EDIT: Actually, a better comparison would be our very own Moussa Dembele. A press-breaking hunk of burning love on the ball but a bit short of the highest level when it comes to passing and shooting.

I mentioned DeBryne only because inspire of yesterday's poor passing, he has shown he is capable of defence splitting passes or that crucial pass before the assist

Back