• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Who are the 3?
They normally play rodri and Fernandinho CM
The key is they all play high up the pitch as they have so much possession

They definitely don’t mate - just checked and this season Rodri has 4 starts, Fernandinho has 2 (out of 6 PL games).

In the two games I posted, Gundogan and Silva are the two advanced midfielders in the three.

They definitely don’t mate - just checked and this season Rodri has 4 starts, Fernandinho has 2 (out of 6 PL games).

In the two games I posted, Gundogan and Silva are the two advanced midfielders in the three.
Gungodan is a CM and also plays WF
Silva is a WF

Gungodan is a CM and also plays WF
Silva is a WF

Well they’re both playing as attacking central midfielders in City’s 4-3-3. I honestly don’t understand what point you’re trying to make anymore.

Edit: you asked which other teams successfully play 4-3-3. Can we now agree that Emirates Marketing Project are one of them?

Well they’re both playing as attacking central midfielders in City’s 4-3-3. I honestly don’t understand what point you’re trying to make anymore.

Edit: you asked which other teams successfully play 4-3-3. Can we now agree that Emirates Marketing Project are one of them?
No
They don’t play that way at all IMO
In fact they regularly play with one CM
Sorry but they don’t play that way at all
They are 4-2-3-1 or even 4-1-4-1

Formations, ahead of the defence and perhaps 1 DCM, for the very best teams are merely starting points...all fluid.

Pep has spoken before about a back 5, and there was that point a couple years ago that when City has the ball, the full-backs pushed into marrow midfield positions and the DM dropped back between the CBs...so a 3 and then 2 in front. And then they started to flip it around

Let's be careful, he did what we would want a player there to do.

But there are levels.

Of course but he has a eye for a killer pass ( and seems to know when to make it unlike Tanguy seems to do on most occasions). At least i hope he is given a run of games ( if he stays fit) in CM to show if he can.

Of course but he has a eye for a killer pass ( and seems to know when to make it unlike Tanguy seems to do on most occasions). At least i hope he is given a run of games ( if he stays fit) in CM to show if he can.
Are you sticking with 433 and a CM spot or put him in the 10 spot in 4231?

Are you sticking with 433 and a CM spot or put him in the 10 spot in 4231?

I guess the actual system is down to Nuno ( i know fans are wanting a change) whichever he is best through the middle as i think he is wasted out wide ( or at least we do not get the best out of him).

I used to say the same about Modric under " rent a quote" until he saw sense and switched him into the middle. Now before i get shouted at i am not saying Lo Celso is as good as Modric ( not many are) but until we play him where his strengths lay we will never know.

Ah ok, personally I was seeing their 4-1-4-1 as a variation of 4-3-3.
Could be argued that’s the case
But I still think they play rodri and Fernandinho CM
With silva foden and Sterling behind Jesus
Or magrez
And they also play Gungodan in that role behind the furthest forward man

No
They don’t play that way at all IMO
In fact they regularly play with one CM
Sorry but they don’t play that way at all
They are 4-2-3-1 or even 4-1-4-1
Semantics but 4231 is a flavour of 433. The system evolved from 433 as the sitting DM became more prominent.

Classical 433 I'd say only really in the PL play it in the vein of the classic Ajax sides but City's 4231 often plays as a 433 just depending on which players start.

Back