• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I thought he played well last night, clever, busy, cunning, neat, just doesn't quite have that explosiveness of pace or shot e.g. from 18 yards he looks likely to curl a shot a yard over the bar rather than smack one hard into the goal.

Agreed. Hopefully that injury towards the end was nothing serious. A good period of time without injuries could do him a lot of good I think.

He needs a run, everyone forgot he had about two extended runs with us, and he always comes good.

Was worried when he went down at the end, but the fact that he refused to come off (sub was ready) tells me he's ok.

I thought he played well last night, clever, busy, cunning, neat, just doesn't quite have that explosiveness of pace or shot e.g. from 18 yards he looks likely to curl a shot a yard over the bar rather than smack one hard into the goal.
Think one of the two wider central midfield roles will suit him well. Did well there against City in the LC final iirc. He's quite tough and disciplined defensively and so far lacks a bit of that real distinct ball striking quality around the box to really thrive further forward.

Fairly press resistant, good at launching counter attacks, good combination play. Would be interesting to see a midfield the 3 with him in for one of the current starters at some point.

He just needs a run in the side without injurys, he has the ability and once he has that run and built his fitness up i believe he will be a very good player for us.

What happened to the ban on travelling to covid red list countries?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Ban? There is nothing the Premier League can do once a player want's to go.
They don't have their passport. They don't control the airports.

Unless you are Emirates Marketing Project. They are experts in stopping immigrant workers returning home.

What happened to the ban on travelling to covid red list countries?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There's no ban. The PL clubs said they would not release players to play in red list countries. I'm not sure how the player goes if his club does not release him (can the national team select a player not released to play?) nor what the consequences would be for the player with his club (fined for deliberately making himself unavailable for matches that take place during the return quarantine period?).
Regardless of covid, Romero shouldn't be on international duty if he's struggling with an injury, and Lo Celso should be kept away from international duty as a matter of course as that's where he seems to pick up injuries.

Don't you need to quarantine in a government nominated hotel if oyu return from a red list country? Not sure why they'd put themselves through that. Presumably would mean two weeks without training when they come back too if they're cooped up in a hotel?

They'll miss Palace, Rennes and Chelsea

More importantly, so will Sanchez given Colombia bizarrely have a game on Friday 10th....so we go into the 3 games about with Dier and Rodon as our only CB options (maybe Tanganga and Davies). Sanchez will probably miss Wolves too given its 10 clear days (so the day you land doesnt count - it starts on the day after)

And the suggestion here has been to leave all first teamers at home for Conference away games so....

Missing Chelsea is a blow though.

Best case scenario would be to quarantine at Spurs Lodge with a government security to verify that the rules are being followed.... not to optimistic that will be allowed though

Back