• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gift Orban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t be until next year IMO
but he will get a sniff
The key for us is what does a richralison do now
He needs games but he also need to take a chance to two
Did really like his comments about his position and the fans

I think it will be played down internally but he will pop up in match day squads, especially if we don't sign another CF. Kinda makes no sense otherwise, taking him out of two years of first team play with no plan for competitive football. Ange said the other day that all his decisions are made by him and with reason, so it will be interesting to see how that plays here.

I think it will be played down internally but he will pop up in match day squads, especially if we don't sign another CF. Kinda makes no sense otherwise, taking him out of two years of first team play with no plan for competitive football. Ange said the other day that all his decisions are made by him and with reason, so it will be interesting to see how that plays here.

Might just be a contingency. Do the argentinians have transfer windows? If we get someone in we might have the option of still loaning him back till january.

Used to drive me mental! If he'd learned to time his runs better or learned to bend his runs I really think he would have scored double the goals he did.
Probably needed to aim for the corners as well rather than straight at the keeper. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If you look at a Orban/Veliz comparison from an age/experience pov there's little in it tbh. Veliz about to turn 20, Orban just turned 21. Veliz 50+ games for Rosario, Orban 40 games for some lowly Norwegian team and Gent.

Makes me wonder if we were chasing Veliz now as a striker signing, we'd feel differently about him? Are we (the club) thinking Orban is more first team ready? Why?

And these young strikers are all fresh hurdles in the way of Parrot Scarlett Donley Lankshear, Soonsup bell.

I think Defoe was horribly underrated by many of our fans.
I think the opposite tbh. He was a good striker but I remember at the time many rating him as borderline world class at times, when for me he was at least a couple of levels below. <15 goals a season is a decent premier League level striker for me.

He was a good striker for the level we were at at time and was pretty well regarded by supporters iirc and generally a fan favourite - other than a few people who took the Keane v Defoe debate too far online i don't remember there being any under rating going on.

He was a good striker for the level we were at at time and was pretty well regarded by supporters iirc and generally a fan favourite - other than a few people who took the Keane v Defoe debate too far online i don't remember there being any under rating going on.

Keane and Defoe were very well respected at the time for sure, both were great hopes for the level we were and got alot of goals. I think time elapsed means people think they were underrated more than them being actually underrated

Keane and Defoe were very well respected at the time for sure, both were great hopes for the level we were and got alot of goals. I think time elapsed means people think they were underrated more than them being actually underrated
Yeah I think Defoe is rated at exactly where he was in the grand scheme of things. His name is remembered, his goal record is decent.

I will just say, I don’t want to sign Orban, or taps, the defender, cause come the ANC will could be without 4 key players.

I will just say, I don’t want to sign Orban, or taps, the defender, cause come the ANC will could be without 4 key players.

Good point. But outside of that month, if they help us win games more than what we have or similarly priced players, would you go for it?

If we are going to buy a player (for me @ least) we should factor in the cost/risk/benefit of every transfer.

Orban isnt an international

And it effects about 2 games every 2 years.

Son is going to the Asia cup and our South Americans will miss games for internationals too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back