• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GHod bless Britain

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Tony Blair has disclosed that he once wanted to end an address to the nation with the words ÔÇ£GHod bless BritainÔÇØ.

However, the former Prime Minister said his suggestion provoked such strong concern from civil servants that he was forced to drop the idea.
Mr Blair said he had intended to echo the traditional closing remark of Presidents in the United States, who typically sign-off television broadcasts by saying, ÔÇ£GHod Bless AmericaÔÇØ.

For much of his time in office, Mr Blair was accused of adopting a ÔÇ£presidentialÔÇØ style of leadership, and became close to former American presidents Bill Clinton and George W Bush.

However, his former spin doctor Alastair Campbell famously declared ÔÇ£we don't do GodÔÇØ, when the then Prime Minister was asked about his beliefs.
Speaking at a conference on leadership, organised by the Holy Trinity Brompton Church, in London, Mr Blair said it was ÔÇ£a shameÔÇØ that British politicians could not express their faith more openly.

ÔÇ£I had to do some address to the country when I was Prime Minister,ÔÇØ he told the audience of about 4,000 people at LondonÔÇÖs Royal Albert Hall.

ÔÇ£You know the American president finishes an address to the American people by saying 'GHod bless America'. ÔÇ£I had the idea of finishing my address by saying 'GHod bless Britain'.

ÔÇ£This caused consternation in the whole system. A committee was convened, and we had to discuss it.

ÔÇ£I remember we had this debate on and off but finally one of the civil servants said in a very po-faced way 'I just remind you Prime Minister, this is not America' in this very disapproving tone, so I gave up the idea. I think it is a shame that you can't since it is obviously part of what you are.ÔÇØ

Mr Blair has said in the past that he did not speak publicly about his belief while Prime Minister out of fear voters would think him a ÔÇ£nutterÔÇØ.
After leaving Downing Street in 2007, Mr Blair converted to Catholicism and set up the Tony Blair Faith Foundation to promote ÔÇ£dialogueÔÇØ between religions.
During his remarks yesterday, Mr Blair defended the role of religion in public and private life, warning that a world without faith would be on a path to "tragedy and disaster".

He said he believed that the sense of something ÔÇ£bigger and more importantÔÇØ than you was "deeply important" for the health of society.

Asked about how he dealt with the ÔÇ£hurtÔÇØ of criticism, Mr Blair said: ÔÇ£However much you say it doesn't get to you, it kind of does in a way.ÔÇØ

What a massive c*nt he was. Excellent leader for Labour, but a total bellend.

His religion and love of Britain did not stop him taking us into a illegal war which as led to the deaths of so many young men. ](*,)

Thats why we have white hall to stop us from descending into "GHod bless" fudging gonad*s. This whole USA GHod love thing just makes me want to vomit,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/blair-GHod-will-be-my-judge-on-iraq-468512.html

I think wmds and religion are both false reasons for invading Iraq. The real reasons were oil and money, for the military industrial machine! This may appear somewhat sensationalist but I genuinely agree that bush and Blair should be tried as war criminals, not to mention a number of their cronies, such as those who put the fake "intelligence" dossiers together.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/blair-GHod-will-be-my-judge-on-iraq-468512.html

Yes i did read that at the time, and i thought then that he was trying to cover his ass. Whichever way we look at it its just another way of saying i'm right and everyone else is wrong.

I think wmds and religion are both false reasons for invading Iraq. The real reasons were oil and money, for the military industrial machine! This may appear somewhat sensationalist but I genuinely agree that bush and Blair should be tried as war criminals, not to mention a number of their cronies, such as those who put the fake "intelligence" dossiers together.

Must admit i agree with you.

fudging hell, and to think I quite liked him for a while when he was PM...! The idea of the most powerful man in our country being a retread with an imaginary friend sends chills down my spine.

Oh I agree with that. I'm just saying that this is the kind of phrase that sends chills down the spine when we hear a Middle Eastern leader saying the same thing. I don't think Blair thought he was on some kind of crusade at all. I think he was following Bush like a little lapdog. But it was his religion, and his belief that people on earth couldn't judge him, that means his conscience about killing hundreds of British soldiers and unleashing a civil war which killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis seems to be almost non-existent. Who gives a fudge what the British public think, I answer to GHod. Actually Tony, in a secular, liberal democracy, you answer to the electorate.

And now the Middle East 'peace' envoy tells us that Iraq shouldn't stop us conducting yet more military incursions into Iran. Does this buffoon not learn?

Yes i did read that at the time, and i thought then that he was trying to cover his ass. Whichever way we look at it its just another way of saying i'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Exactly.

Lie about wmds? No problem, a war which has gutted a nation and torn its people apart has become a 'humanitarian mission'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-to-100000-deaths-confesses-all-7606236.html

Sigh Tony.

Picks up ?ú5 million a year from some bank now for 'consultancy'.

I've stated before, I'd ban all directorships for 5 years after serving in parliament, same with working for lobbyists.

Picks up ?ú5 million a year from some bank now for 'consultancy'.

I've stated before, I'd ban all directorships for 5 years after serving in parliament, same with working for lobbyists.

But wait, surely it's only the Tories who kow tow to the banking sector in the hope of picking up cushy jobs earning a fat wage when they leave parliament? :-";)

he went catholic ( because you cant be catholic and prime minister by law ) and is godfather to rupert murdochs daughter Grace.

the guys basically satan.

But wait, surely it's only the Tories who kow tow to the banking sector in the hope of picking up cushy jobs earning a fat wage when they leave parliament? :-";)

Difference between Tories and Labour MP's?

Tories are honest with the electorate about spending and are openly greedy tacos, Labour think they have morals but have none.

Made a few quid for his wife whilst he was PM

Now he's raking it in himself

New Labour - the party for the rich and greedy, don't ever forget it

Back