• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georginio Wijnaldum

Lol at 25M, but i think Wijnaldum would be useful as he'll likely bring us some much needed pace in the front 4.
I think only N'Jie currently gives us that...

I'm not that keen to be honest. I personally hope that Son can be the main man to rotate with Alli in that role off of the front man.

If you pay £25M+ he's yours otherwise not for sale and needed in the Championship.

But he doesn't want to play in the Championship, he would rather play in the Champions league

Tough brick. He's employed by Saudi Sportswashing Machine FC and he's been told unless a very large offer comes in he's going nowhere. Same with Sissoko.

“To go from the Premier League to the Championship is not easy for anyone. I understand that Sissoko and Wijnaldum need some time to analyse the situation and understand where they are.”

“But they need to take their responsibility too – and try to do their best to change the situation.”

“In this case, it would be to do well, get us promoted back to the Premier League and everyone will be happy.”

“As I have said before, if we don’t want to sell anyone we don’t have to sell anyone.

“We understand that the market is quite difficult and someone will maybe come with a big offer for a player. Then we have to analyse whether we say yes or no. But at the moment we will say no to everyone.”

Tough brick. He's employed by Saudi Sportswashing Machine FC and he's been told unless a very large offer comes in he's going nowhere. Same with Sissoko.

Have you never heard of player power? If he wants to leave he will leave.

Greg's lot are welcome to him, I guess. If Poch wants him, he wants him, but that doesn't mean that I can't be confused as to why a player who went missing from January to May while his team desperately needed him is someone we'd be looking at.

But this is more than a player leaving because his team is relegated

This would be him leaving a for a club actually challenging for things and it's progress

I agree we would need to pay the fee and £25m based on last seasons stats and previous ones is actually a fair price (look at Mane) in the current over inflated market

But this is more than a player leaving because his team is relegated

This would be him leaving a for a club actually challenging for things and it's progress

I agree we would need to pay the fee and £25m based on last seasons stats and previous ones is actually a fair price (look at Mane) in the current over inflated market

I wouldnt say £25m was unreasonable, i would merely question whether we went into this transfer window intending to spend £25m on anyone. I am a big Mr Levy fan, i am tight with cash myself, I just cant see us spending that amount.

There is no chance whatsoever that he's worth anything close to £25m, and even less chance that we would pay it for him

“To go from the Premier League to the Championship is not easy for anyone. I understand that Sissoko and Wijnaldum need some time to analyse the situation and understand where they are.”

“But they need to take their responsibility too – and try to do their best to change the situation.”

“In this case, it would be to do well, get us promoted back to the Premier League and everyone will be happy.”

“As I have said before, if we don’t want to sell anyone we don’t have to sell anyone.

“We understand that the market is quite difficult and someone will maybe come with a big offer for a player. Then we have to analyse whether we say yes or no. But at the moment we will say no to everyone.”
That's a lot of wages to pay for players that are unlikely to bother playing. Especially for a club on Championship income levels.

Back