• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Benteleb is basically our Moutinhio. I love Moutinhio as a player but we have other needs. Keep with the youth if they have proven themselves. And Nabil has. We need a Defensive mid behind him so he can push on more and take Mason's spot. Benteleb has a great shot and eye for a pass but he is having to sit deeper and swap with Mason.

Benteleb is basically our Moutinhio. I love Moutinhio as a player but we have other needs. Keep with the youth if they have proven themselves. And Nabil has. We need a Defensive mid behind him so he can push on more and take Mason's spot. Benteleb has a great shot and eye for a pass but he is having to sit deeper and swap with Mason.

agreed. which is why weve been linked with the likes of imbula, kramer, schneiderlin etc. we need a defensive midfield.

no offence but nabil and great shot? surely would score alot more if this was the case

I think we should go for some of Real Madrids reserves,
Would love Casemeiro and Jese, hard but if all goes our way, they are attainable for us I would say.
heung min Son of Leverkusen has some Ronaldo over him and he works hard defensively.
piere emil Hojbjerg is just talented, bigger talent than Eriksen, and this comes from a Dane.
Said last year we should be all over him and still think so even though he is similar to Bentaleb in playing style, meaning not direct DM.
I have liked the looks of Ahmed Musa whenever I have seen him play and Russian clubs must be willing to negotiate with their economic situation for the country as a whole.
In dream world I would now go all out for Casemeiro.

Yeah, but a big part of the issue is the fact that's £55k tax-free. Dunno what the top rate of tax in the UK is, but presumably we'd have to pay him a fair bit more than £55k per week in order for him to maintain his actual take-home salary (which I'm guessing is what his agent will be looking for).

Mmm. I was also going to point out that continental wages are usually reported as net figures, not gross ones....but I suppose that doesn't apply to a tax-free principality. :) Either way, we'd be looking at paying him around 90k a week if we were really interested in matching his current wages. Either that or giving him a hefty signing-on bonus.

But how tinkled off would AVB be if we did pull this one off, though? :p

I'd disagree: I think Moutinho is presently a far better long and short passer than Bentaleb is, while also being more defensively sound than Mason to boot.

One slight problem with this, he was an AVB target, correct me if wrong but I've never seen MP mention any interest.

Palacious had a fantastic strike on him but for some reason it would always be blocked when ever it looked like it was going in.

According to The Sun, Liverpool have joined Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project in the race to sign Tottenham teenager Joshua Onomah.

All three clubs are in the market for young English players this summer due to the home-grown quota in the Premier League - and Onomah could now be in demand.

The midfielder, 18, has come up through the academy at Tottenham, earning a reputation as one of the most highly-rated youngsters.

An England Under-18 regular, Onomah made his first team debut for Spurs in January during an FA Cup tie against Burnley, and is widely tipped to break through into the side on a regular basis in the near future under Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino.

However, with just one year left on his contract at White Hart Lane, Onomah is now attracting interest in his signature, with The Sun suggesting that Chelsea, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project are all pursuing him.

The report notes that Onomah earns just £800-a-week, with the three interested teams will to offer up to 20 times that amount - handing him a deal worth up to £16,000-a-week.

Tottenham have embraced their home-grown talent recently, bringing through the likes of Danny Rose, Ryan Mason, Andros Townsend and Harry Kane.

With other youngsters such as Dele Alli, Alex Pritchard and Eric Dier also emerging in North London, Tottenham have a strong base of young, English players under Pochettino - and Onomah should be a part of that.

Having worked hard to nurture Onomah through his teenage years at the club, Tottenham now have to make keeping Onomah a priority this summer, and should offer him a new contract to fend off the interested parties; who will no doubt be ready to swoop for the midfielder if they don't.

^^^

"According to the Sun....."

Enough said.

It's only natural that most big clubs in Europe will be keeping an eye on Onomah - just as we doubtless keep an eye on other talents all around Europe. He has great potential - more so than most young players in England - so it is only to be expected.

But that doesn't mean that there is a "race" to sign him. He is a Spurs lad. An Enfield boy. He is well grounded. And he has the benefit of more than enough empirical evidence to know that Spurs is a far better club for him at this early stage of his career than the other clubs mentioned.

At most, this is his agent angling for a better deal. And Spurs know his worth so will pay him the appropriate amount without overindulging him. Non story, IMO.

The report notes that Onomah earns just £800-a-week, with the three interested teams will to offer up to 20 times that amount - handing him a deal worth up to £16,000-a-week.
I know he's only a kid, but how the fvck do you live in London on £800 per week? Does he still live with his parents?

^^^

"According to the Sun....."

Enough said.

It's only natural that most big clubs in Europe will be keeping an eye on Onomah - just as we doubtless keep an eye on other talents all around Europe. He has great potential - more so than most young players in England - so it is only to be expected.

But that doesn't mean that there is a "race" to sign him. He is a Spurs lad. An Enfield boy. He is well grounded. And he has the benefit of more than enough empirical evidence to know that Spurs is a far better club for him at this early stage of his career than the other clubs mentioned.

At most, this is his agent angling for a better deal. And Spurs know his worth so will pay him the appropriate amount without overindulging him. Non story, IMO.
Show me da money . That's all I'll say .. If he is as good as u and others say then spurs should offer him a good contract that befits a top young player .. Will levy do this willingly !!? Lol

Back