• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Can't say I ever watched the lad just heard media build him up but if Roy Keane says William carvalho is s midfield monster ideal for premier league what are we waiting for !! Missed game earlier , he must have been good !! If we don't get schneiderlen I'd be all for this lad in those words alone .. He might be crap manager but he knows midfield player when he sees one !! Were we ever linked with him ?

we were linked today with his midfield partner Sergio Oliviera. He looks very talented too

He does get carried away and get stupid bookings but he's an excellent defender, a massive threat in the air from set pieces and has great leadership qualities.

I think he'd be a great signing for United and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him made captain.

Could not agree more, he is a great player and Utd will be a far better team with him in it.

Can't say I ever watched the lad just heard media build him up but if Roy Keane says William carvalho is s midfield monster ideal for premier league what are we waiting for !! Missed game earlier , he must have been good !! If we don't get schneiderlen I'd be all for this lad in those words alone .. He might be crap manager but he knows midfield player when he sees one !! Were we ever linked with him ?

Has been linked to essentially all the big clubs. Don't think we would stand a chance personally, I think the big clubs are jut biding their time waiting for him to mature enough to make the deal. Bit like Depay.

You know, I wonder why we're never linked to Jordy Claisie. I highly doubt he'd cost as much as Schneiderlin or a real 'proven' player (inevitably our first and only consideration when taking the call on signings), but he's seemingly perfectly suited to the Poch mold: fiercely determined, runs tirelessly every game, never afraid to put in a tackle, orchestrates play from a deep defensive midfield position, and critically, is a great long passer and initiator of attacks from deep. Standard Squawka comparison incoming....

Untitled.png

....definitely seems like he's worth pursuing.

Reports saying we bid 13m euros for imbula .. Lol .. Inter apparently bid 19€ m , levy low balling the fudge out of it again haha .. So much for getting targets in early .. Scatter gun approach as usual

Reports saying we bid 13m euros for imbula .. Lol .. Inter apparently bid 19€ m , levy low balling the fudge out of it again haha .. So much for getting targets in early .. Scatter gun approach as usual

Where are these reports coming from Keith?

Er no it's the media that have a scattergun approach, if you choose to believe it all then it's you we should be 'lol'ing at....

You know, I wonder why we're never linked to Jordy Claisie. I highly doubt he'd cost as much as Schneiderlin or a real 'proven' player (inevitably our first and only consideration when taking the call on signings), but he's seemingly perfectly suited to the Poch mold: fiercely determined, runs tirelessly every game, never afraid to put in a tackle, orchestrates play from a deep defensive midfield position, and critically, is a great long passer and initiator of attacks from deep. Standard Squawka comparison incoming....

View attachment 2364

....definitely seems like he's worth pursuing.
I know stats shouldn't be over relied on, but looking at Schneiderlin vs Mason there isn't much in it there is there. Bentaleb also comes out well on top with the defensive side of things...

I know stats shouldn't be over relied on, but looking at Schneiderlin vs Mason there isn't much in it there is there. Bentaleb also comes out well on top with the defensive side of things...

No, not much according to those selected stats, although you're right in saying that the stats don't tell the whole tale (Schneiderlin played next to a dedicated destroyer in Wanyama, while also sitting deeper than Mason/Bentaleb usually did in a quintessential 'conductor from deep' role).

Either way, however, Clasie comes out looking great. If it weren't for the likelihood of Koeman already having tapped him up, I'd be aghast at the lack of links to him: as it is, it still does baffle me to an extent given how ideally he seems to fit into our system.

No, not much according to those selected stats, although you're right in saying that the stats don't tell the whole tale (Schneiderlin played next to a dedicated destroyer in Wanyama, while also sitting deeper than Mason/Bentaleb usually did in a quintessential 'conductor from deep' role).

Either way, however, Clasie comes out looking great. If it weren't for the likelihood of Koeman already having tapped him up, I'd be aghast at the lack of links to him: as it is, it still does baffle me to an extent given how ideally he seems to fit into our system.

Claise is one of those that everyone has had a look at but for some reason have decided not to take a chance on him. Bit like Modric back in the day

I haven't seen anything of this guy,but you'd expect his stats to be a lot better considering the standard of Dutch football. Maybe clubs don't believe he's good enough to make the step up?

Claise is one of those that everyone has had a look at but for some reason have decided not to take a chance on him. Bit like Modric back in the day

I haven't seen anything of this guy,but you'd expect his stats to be a lot better considering the standard of Dutch football. Maybe clubs don't believe he's good enough to make the step up?

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/11/27/jordy-clasie-scout-report/

The reports about him have been almost uniformly positive, as far as I can tell. And as for the stats, they're better than the rest of the players on that list, and were racked up playing for a Feyenoord side which itself didn't really pull up many trees in 2014-2015 (finished 4th, outside the European spots I think). Seems (seems) like a great bargain, and a potentially great buy. Maybe he's nursing a long-term injury/insurance worry that most insiders know about, but which isn't apparent to the fans? (Ba's knee, for example)

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/11/27/jordy-clasie-scout-report/

The reports about him have been almost uniformly positive, as far as I can tell. And as for the stats, they're better than the rest of the players on that list, and were racked up playing for a Feyenoord side which itself didn't really pull up many trees in 2014-2015 (finished 4th, outside the European spots I think). Seems (seems) like a great bargain, and a potentially great buy. Maybe he's nursing a long-term injury/insurance worry that most insiders know about, but which isn't apparent to the fans? (Ba's knee, for example)

Demba Ba's knee:) makes me smile because the guy is very rarely injured. I bet Ledley wishes he had a Demba Ba knee

Demba Ba's knee:) makes me smile because the guy is very rarely injured. I bet Ledley wishes he had a Demba Ba knee

I still can't shake the feeling that that whole knee thing was just a giant scam, given how he never even looked close to being significantly impaired in any way. :p

I still can't shake the feeling that that whole knee thing was just a giant scam, given how he never even looked close to being significantly impaired in any way. :p

The point with his knees was that no club could insure him because of the way the surgery was carried out. I don't think that there were ever any performance or recurrent injury issues, it was just that the insurers thought it to bigger risk.

The point with his knees was that no club could insure him because of the way the surgery was carried out. I don't think that there were ever any performance or recurrent injury issues, it was just that the insurers thought it to bigger risk.

Probably a factor behind the relatively low transfer fees he's always commanded, I suppose.

Back