• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

some of the players we have been linked with this summer, Alderweireld, Martial, Imbula, Konoplyanka, Rabiot, Thauvin, Cabaye, Llorente, Kondogbia, Moses, and players like Ganso and Damiao from the past, all are under the same agent group as Lloris.

they also manage a player called Lucas Ocampos currently at Monaco. I remember him destroying us in that 5 goal pre season drubbing under AVB a few years ago. Right winger and apparently just about to end a loan spell at marseiile. He is an Argie, im surprised he hasnt been linked with us. Certainly a talent.

LVG is making it up as they go along

You have to wonder if he even gives a damn about Utds long term future. He's most likely decided he wants a couple more seasons at Utd before retiring, and his ego won't accept anything less than winning the title; even if it means Utd heavily over spend looking for instant success.

He does get carried away and get stupid bookings but he's an excellent defender, a massive threat in the air from set pieces and has great leadership qualities.

I think he'd be a great signing for United and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him made captain.

You have to wonder if he even gives a damn about Utds long term future. He's most likely decided he wants a couple more seasons at Utd before retiring, and his ego won't accept anything less than winning the title; even if it means Utd heavily over spend looking for instant success.

i dont think he has overall control of their signings. At other clubs he tended to promote youngsters rather than spend big and when he did buy he would most often buy Dutch.

Shaw and Herrera were in long standing targets under moyes and in place before LVG even took charge. Di Maria doesnt seem to be a favourite of LVG. Falcao was easily dismissed as not good enough.

The Utd team that went on a winning run was mainly made up of the original players there before LVG arrived. DeGea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Felliani, Herrerra, Mata, Young, Rooney.

I think its other people at the club (Woodward especially) trying to bring in all these big names. Its just not LVG's style at all

Obviously FFP compliance is another matter but United can easily "afford" this type of spending. In addition the market has increased, in a world where David Luiz is worth 50m and Suarez 50m+ this isn't an aberration.

Lol! Some of you actually think that Ramos-to-Manure is something more than just clickbait/Ramos' reps trying to squeeze extra wages from Perez?

:D

Lol! Some of you actually think that Ramos-to-Manure is something more than just clickbait/Ramos' reps trying to squeeze extra wages from Perez?

:D

Could well be, but, United had defensive issues last season, they can afford pretty much anyone, Ramos is an excellent defender.

If he does leave Madrid, I'd say United is a far more likely destination than anywhere else.

Could well be, but, United had defensive issues last season, they can afford pretty much anyone, Ramos is an excellent defender.

If he does leave Madrid, I'd say United is a far more likely destination than anywhere else.

Ramos is incredibly overrated as a defender imo. He'd get eaten alive in the PL given his penchant for reckless tackles and susceptibility to being wound up (not to mention the fact he's get FAR LESS protection from referees - no doubt leading to more of the first two issues i mentioned).

I'd absolutely LOVE IT if they signed him! I can't see LVG being that stupid though - esp given his age and the transfer fee

I'm sure when we were linked with LVG people said he liked to promote youth and just make 1 or 2 key signings, and that he was the kind of guy to go in and squeeze everything out of the squad he has and make them play his style...

So far they have changed formations multiple times and have been spending like someone has nicked the Emirates Marketing Project owners credit card!

I'm sure when we were linked with LVG people said he liked to promote youth and just make 1 or 2 key signings, and that he was the kind of guy to go in and squeeze everything out of the squad he has and make them play his style...

So far they have changed formations multiple times and have been spending like someone has nicked the Emirates Marketing Project owners credit card!

thats exactly what he did as the season went on and they were pretty unbeatable, with only Blind and Herrerra of the new signings being used

thats exactly what he did as the season went on and they were pretty unbeatable, with only Blind and Herrerra of the new signings being used

True but you can't give much credit when you also splashed out to sign Di Maria, Falcao and Shaw etc and can't get them in your lineup

Can't say I ever watched the lad just heard media build him up but if Roy Keane says William carvalho is s midfield monster ideal for premier league what are we waiting for !! Missed game earlier , he must have been good !! If we don't get schneiderlen I'd be all for this lad in those words alone .. He might be crap manager but he knows midfield player when he sees one !! Were we ever linked with him ?

Back