• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Wow that's harsh

Dembele has played a lot of games for us for a miss

Looks to me like anyone signed under press favourite Harry was a hit and most others a failure

but Dembele has failed to fulfill his potential. He did cost 15 mill as well

So in the hope of bringing some facts to the conversation; since the 2011/12 season Spurs have made 33 signings. Of those 33 signings, 15 were made either in the last 2 days of the January window, or after the season has started in the summer. If I were to put the cut-off as the last 7 days of the summer transfer window, that goes down to 12.

I didn't go any further because I couldn't be arsed, but if anyone else wants to have a go because they think I am cherry picking, then please go ahead and update.

1. Brad Friedel - July 2011
2. Cristian Ceballos - July 2011
3. Coulibaly - July 2011
4. Scott Parker - 31 August 2011
5. Falque - 16 Jan 2012
6. Louis Saha - 31 Jan 2012
7. Ryan Nelson - 2 Feb 2012

8. Sigurdsson - 4 July 2012
9. Vertonghen - July 2012
10. Adebayor - 21 August 2012
11. Dembele - 28 August 2012
12. Lloris - 31 August 2012
13. Dempsey - 31 August 2012

14. Fryers - 3 Jan 2013
15. Holtby - 28 Jan 2013
16. Paulinho - 6 July 2013
17. Chadli - 21 July 2013
18. Soldado - 1 August 2013
19. Capoue - 15 August 2013
20. Chiriches - 30 August 2013
21. Eriksen - 30 August 2013
22. Lamela - 30 August 2013

23. Davies - July 2014
24. Vorm - July 2014
25. Dier - 2 August 2014
26. Yedlin - 13 August 2014
27. Fazio - 27 August 2014
28. Stambouli - 1 Sept 2014

29. Dele Alli - 2 February 2015
30. Wimmer - May 2015
31. Kieren Trippier - June 2015
32. Alderweireld - July 2015
33. N'Jie - 15 August 2015

but Dembele has failed to fulfill his potential. He did cost 15 mill as well

If we was a failure Shirley he wouldn't have played many games

There is no logic or context to their article just someone's opinions

I agree Dembele could have been better but the fact that several managers have continued to pick him and some of his stats are leading in his position makes him a success even if be a massive one

Interesting...why do you say that?
From what I have seen he seems to look for those more established players and not English? Young English players don't seem to be the type of player has targeted - Depay was young mind you,but in general unless I have missed something doesn't seem to be high on his list? But if he thinks highly enough of him that's not to say he isn't interested....

From what I have seen he seems to look for those more established players and not English? Young English players don't seem to be the type of player has targeted - Depay was young mind you,but in general unless I have missed something doesn't seem to be high on his list? But if he thinks highly enough of him that's not to say he isn't interested....

van gaal needs ready made players hence why he has typically signed finished articles other than prospects (shaw was lined up long before van gaal)

He wants a goal scoring winger to play to upgrade on Valencia and Young from what I can see and I just don't see him shopping in the EPL for that kind of player

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for De Bruyne now

Nah. The price tag needs to be over £30 million before United get interested.

morgan-schneiderlin-manchester-united_c6bcvug4k5ah1scfxw3ymkc4r.jpg

I really can't see Pedro joining Jose at Chelski to become another RWF that is bombed out within a year. He'd be much much more suited to playing at Manure under LVG.

I suspect that the games being played to get Manure to up their offer has now backfired and he'll turn down the chance to become the next Cuadrado/Salah/Schurlle (or "fail his medical")

well, Berahino only came to the uk aged 12 iirc, he still considers himself Burundian even though he has obviously chose to play for England, and also his name sounds like he is a Brazilian....i think there is enough there for LVG not to consider Berahino an englishman;)

I really can't see Pedro joining Jose at Chelski to become another RWF that is bombed out within a year. He'd be much much more suited to playing at Manure under LVG.

I suspect that the games being played to get Manure to up their offer has now backfired and he'll turn down the chance to become the next Cuadrado/Salah/Schurlle (or "fail his medical")

Pedro is on another planet compared to those players. He really is a top signing, of course as long as he can adjust to the PL

Pedro is on another planet compared to those players. He really is a top signing, of course as long as he can adjust to the PL

In Mourinho's defend on the penalty spot tactics? I doubt it.
Plus Pedro's been playing in a Barca side with the likes of Messi so you may be overrating how good he is compared to those guys. Fr example, i bet Schurlle would look great at Barca alongsdie Messi and co...

In Mourinho's defend on the penalty spot tactics? I doubt it.
Plus Pedro's been playing in a Barca side with the likes of Messi so you may be overrating how good he is compared to those guys. Fr example, i bet Schurlle would look great at Barca alongsdie Messi and co...

Fabregas will provide plenty of assists

Back