• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Cheers AE. He seems fairly big and strong physically, do you think he will be dominant in the air in the PL?

You say he's certainly not renowned for natural or footballing ability. Would you say he's directly poor on the ball then? Previously he's been described a bit differently.

One down, one to go (for now). How about Weigl? ;)

What I feel we really miss is a player with genuine pace AND good close ball control and tricks, + a bulldozer midfielder like Sandro/Palacios (when they were good). Otherwise I think we're pretty well covered.

Cleverly is loosely linked with us and arse on a free this summer. Has he been any good for Villa?

The day we sign Cleverly is the day I give up.

I've got a Spurs tattoo that I would begrudgingly have to get removed but I'd fudging do it if we signed that clusterfudge of mediocrity. Over hyped from the start, playing for Manyoo and Ingerland must mean you're quality right?

Cleverly is loosely linked with us and arse on a free this summer. Has he been any good for Villa?

Villa fans seem to think he could be useful in a team fighting relegation, but not worth bending over for. He has no discernible strengths. A lot of them talk about Westwood being better.

What I feel we really miss is a player with genuine pace AND good close ball control and tricks, + a bulldozer midfielder like Sandro/Palacios (when they were good). Otherwise I think we're pretty well covered.

That should be our number one priorty for me.

That should be our number one priorty for me.

While you know how keen I am on a decent defensive midfielder, to me our priority is a deep lying playmaker ala Schneiderlin or even Cabaye. The reason we struggle against the likes of Villa is that they have latched on to the fact that if you press Bentaleb and Mason, they panic and make mistakes and give the ball away. A quality deep playmaker would serve to eliminate this major deficiency

While you know how keen I am on a decent defensive midfielder, to me our priority is a deep lying playmaker ala Schneiderlin or even Cabaye. The reason we struggle against the likes of Villa is that they have latched on to the fact that if you press Bentaleb and Mason, they panic and make mistakes and give the ball away. A quality deep playmaker would serve to eliminate this major deficiency

I just want a player who can tackle, track runners, always aware of the opposing players running in behind him. We have a playmaker in Eriksen but he is run off his feet trying to cover the other M/F players. What we need is someone who can put a couple of tackles in and let the other side know they are in a game.

See I always thought that was Bentalebs job. If he doesn't track back, doesn't defend, doesn't create and doesn't dictate play then what does he do? Do we see him becoming that player.

To me a deep lying playmaker is someone like Alonso, Carrick etc and that's what I thought Bentalebs job was, he's usually the furthest back of our midfield and also the one who seems to have the highest no of passes per match.

So Rabiot was being hailed as someone who could go on to be deep lying playmaker, he looked awful tonight. Way off the pace though against a midfield of Barcelona it's not that shameful given his experience and lack of playing time this season.

So Rabiot was being hailed as someone who could go on to be deep lying playmaker, he looked awful tonight. Way off the pace though against a midfield of Barcelona it's not that shameful given his experience and lack of playing time this season.
He had a few good moments I thought.

I think we have to forget attacking players this summer apart from a striker.. and just make sure we get in and are happy with two central defenders that can read the game and have balls which would put everyone on the same songsheet and realise that this duo can grow together and become a force. I have great hope for Dier, I would love us to get Stone from Everton in part exchange for Lennon to play along side him, have them both start, grow together no matter what. Bring along Cameron Vickers behind them. Make the core English. Dare I say, bring that bulldog spirit where a meaty challenge can change the atmosphere in a second.

I really only want two players in. A leader in defence, and a really good cm, Cabaye/Scneiderlin types.

We desperately need someone to take charge of our defence, we've got several good players, but we are missing that natural leader back there. Same goes for the midfield, we need someone with a bit more experience than Bentaleb and Mason.

Thats my two cents anyway, what we REALLY don't need is another summer of swaping out half the squad.

I still see it as a case of 7-10 out and 3-4 in.

Lennon and Carroll are both impressing at their current loan teams and could fetch decent money. Ade, Paulinho, Capoue, Kaboul are the ones that we must flog IMO and then we have Chiriches, Soldado, Townsend, Lamela (one of these two) and Dembele all on a list of players we would probably listen to offers for. Soldado goes in that group because whilst I think he needs replacing, Ade does more so and I think he's happy enough to sit behind Kane and whoever else comes in.

I agree on Norwegian's targets too. A really good CB and CM are probably our priority, with a striker next on the list followed by a wide forward.

Bring along Cameron Carter Vickers behind them. Make the core English. Dare I say, bring that bulldog spirit where a meaty challenge can change the atmosphere in a second.

I'd like to see him too but he's young and would probably do well with a couple of loans in the football league before we insert him into the squad. He has time on his side and we shouldn't be in a rush to swamp him with with expectations.

I really only want two players in. A leader in defence, and a really good cm, Cabaye/Scneiderlin types.

We desperately need someone to take charge of our defence, we've got several good players, but we are missing that natural leader back there. Same goes for the midfield, we need someone with a bit more experience than Bentaleb and Mason.

Thats my two cents anyway, what we REALLY don't need is another summer of swaping out half the squad.

I only want 2 too. But I want a CF and a LWF.

I'm happy with Alli and Winks added to our CM blend, and Wimmer/Veljkovic/2CV added to our CB options

Perhaps it is a more experienced head in midfield we'd need for shielding duties but I've been really impressed with Verratti everytime I've seen him this season. Maybe a bit unrealistic as PSG won't want to let him go..

If Veratti was available, we'd have no chance. Just for starters, Juventus would be all over that quicker than a solicitor running after an ambulance.

He had a few good moments I thought.

Thought so too. In a somewhat makeshift midfield in a team missing its best players up against a midfield trio of Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic. For a young player with little experience he did fine.

Perhaps it is a more experienced head in midfield we'd need for shielding duties but I've been really impressed with Verratti everytime I've seen him this season. Maybe a bit unrealistic as PSG won't want to let him go..

If Emirates Marketing Project, United or Chelsea wanted him it would be "a bit unrealistic". For us it's about as realistic as getting Modric back. Quite simply not going to happen.

Had we come in for him last summer, we still wouldn't have had a chance. Had we gone for him in 2012 when he signed from Pescara we might have had a chance if not for the fact that PSG wanted him and could shovel money at him.

If Veratti was available, we'd have no chance. Just for starters, Juventus would be all over that quicker than a solicitor running after an ambulance.

I genuinely think he's going to end up at one of the big 3 in Europe if/when he leaves PSG (Real, Barca, Bayern). Even for Juve I think he's not a realistic target.

Is it that unrealistic Modric coming back? Think he might have burnt his bridges but otherwise surely it's about now Madrid get very bored and get shot of their iPhone 5's

Back