• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Cheers, I get it now (slowly :))

If Naughton was to leave I could see us bringing in another full back, but I agree Aurier is too close to being a star and Walker has done too well in recent years for us to spend considerable amounts of money to have them compete with each other. (Not saying that would necessarily be bad, but that money is better spent elsewhere).

If Naughton was to leave would we not give Ryan Fredericks a shot in the squad like we did with Rose?

weeks to go yet...but oh boy....I hope we sign a couple of special players soon
from somewhere ..just to keep abreast...I think we are falling behind our rivals.

Can anyone see us even challenging for CL?

from somewhere ..just to keep abreast...I think we are falling behind our rivals.

I think we've a fair shout of challenging for the UEFA cup, which will be the easiest route next season.

Why shouldn't we challenge for CL?

We bought some very good players last summer who were woefully mismanaged by two different managers. There is every reason to hope that they will be better next season, with a year in England under their belts and, more importantly, a proper manager to organise and inspire them. Pochettino got his Southampton team playing the way that he wanted within a matter of weeks and in difficult circumstances. No reason why he couldn't do it at Spurs too, especially with a full preseason in which to prepare.

Besides all which, I'm sure there will be good signings to come. Not as many as last summer. And maybe not as high profile. But hopefully more focused on the positions in which we are especially weak.

Tottenham was not a happy club last season - players, managers and fans. We operated under a punishing handicap. That should all change next season. It will make a huge difference. I'm really looking forward to watching us fly with that handicap no longer keeping us down.

We signed lots of players with big reputations last summer and expectation and excitement went through the roof. Look where it got us.

Getting in a proper manager is far more important.

Last edited:
I think the UEFA Cup can be more difficult than one thinks..smaller clubs fight hard..Chelsmell dropped into it making it somewhat easier!

Once champions league chumps drop in, we become the smaller club.

Like the Fa cup and any knock out competitions, one-off games do go against the norm, I think our chances are good.

We bought some very good players last summer who were woefully mismanaged by two different managers. There is every reason to hope that they will be better next season, with a year in England under their belts and, more importantly, a proper manager to organise and inspire them. Pochettino got his Southampton team playing the way that he wanted within a matter of weeks and in difficult circumstances. No reason why he couldn't do it at Spurs too, especially with a full preseason in which to prepare.

Besides all which, I'm sure there will be good signings to come. Not as many as last summer. And maybe not as high profile. But hopefully more focused on the positions in which we are especially weak.

Tottenham was not a happy club last season - players, managers and fans. We operated under a punishing handicap. That should all change next season. It will make a huge difference. I'm really looking forward to watching us fly with that handicap no longer keeping us down.

We signed lots of players with big reputations last summer and expectation and excitement went through the roof. Look where it got us.

Completely agree. We just need one or two signings in key areas. The Swansea full back would be an excellent acquisition; if we could could get a couple more of his ilk in other weak areas (ie ball playing centre midfielder and a genuinely competent centre half) then I'd be more than content.

He ain't no C Ronaldo.......jeez he scores one goal and is linked to Spurs

He also had a very good season for PSV. Played very well in the 4 or 5 games I saw. I personally think he's better than Viktor Fischer at Ajax.

He's a little rough around the edges, but quite a talent.

I don't think we're big enough to keep him happy as a bit part player whilst he learns his trade a bit better, but I think he'll turn out to be excellent.

Completely agree. We just need one or two signings in key areas. The Swansea full back would be an excellent acquisition; if we could could get a couple more of his ilk in other weak areas (ie ball playing centre midfielder and a genuinely competent centre half) then I'd be more than content.

Well, that's 3 already ;)

And perhaps a striker if Poch is unconvinced by either Soldado and Ade?
And perhaps a couple of younger up and coming superstars ;)

I agree that we should only need a handful of signings, but one or two is a few too few for me.

Well said, with the same dire management, lack of unity and obviously underperforming players, we weren't miles behind.

To me, City/Cheat$ki at this point with their spending have the first two places wrapped up (theirs to lose)
Pool/Scum have/will both lose some key players, Pool likely to lose their star, have many more games and likely for first time in some years, stupid expectation pressure.
United is the wild card, they have to buy well, and LVG has to hit the ground running.

Totally agree. We have a massive squad. We bought too many players last summer, massive upheaval, but clearly the idea was to reinvest the Bale cash for long-term investment. All the players bought were from outside the Premiership and also were 25 years old or younger (apart from Soldado).

Plus, we have Holtby, Assou-Ekotto, Carroll and others returning from loan. We have had Bentaleb, Pritchard, Kane and Veljkovic coming through and involved in the first team towards the end of last season.

If anything the squad needs trimming and we need to figure out what our best XI is.

I hear what you say..its better to be positive...but so much siht happens to us! Bale Modric etc.. one cannot help thinking more siht on the way...but I
take your points...Having said that our rivals are not lying still...Anyway lets hope our Defence is sorted this Season and Posch ..LOL
can turn us around + We need goals and Soldado flopped a bit...............Come on you Spurs

Are Spurs awake???? Do we know the transfer window is open???? I know speculation means nothing but Ive never seen a transfer window with our name not mentioned this little.
All players essential to our squad, (Schneiderlin, Lovren being the main 2) are linked with other clubs. Plus all this Sanchez and Pedro to Liverpool talk is ****ing me off!!!

Whats going on????????

Wer drifting awayyyyy wave after wave. Slowly drifting

Last edited:
Chadli interesting Napoli, says Kristof Terreur (@hlninengeland). Agent talking in terms of all options being open.

Are Spurs awake???? Do we know the transfer window is open???? I know speculation means nothing but Ive never seen a transfer window with our name not mentioned this little.
All players essential to our squad, (Schneiderlin, Lovren being the main 2) are linked with other clubs. Plus all this Sanchez and Pedro to Liverpool talk is ****ing me off!!!

Whats going on????????

Wer drifting awayyyyy wave after wave. Slowly drifting

We need to sell before we buy - at the moment we probably only have £14m in the bank from Defoe and Livermore.

And I can't see us making more than 3 signings anyway, and there's still 2 months to go till deadline day.

Our first signing in the last WC summer was made on 20 August.

It looks like Davies will be rocking up in the next few days anyway, so that'll be one.

Back