• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Big decision by Poch so soon into the job......to bomb out Sandro and replace him with over the hill fellow Argie Cambiasso seems very odd

Hmmm, don't think Cambiasso will be his replacement. I think if he IS replaced in the first XI it would be more likely Capoue who takes over his duties.

Transfer news: Liverpool swoop for Kevin Stewart

By Graeme Bailey - Last Updated: 02/07/14 2:42pm

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have snapped up former Tottenham defender Kevin Stewart.

The 20-year-old has come through the ranks at White Hart Lane, and has skippered their youth sides.

He made his professional debut last season and has spent time on loan at Crewe Alexandra.

Tottenham decided not to offer him a professional deal, at which point Liverpool have made their move.

Stewart has signed a two-year deal with the Reds, and became a Liverpool player on July 1.

I'd have him

Micah Richards: Emirates Marketing Project will listen to offers for defender

By Mike Keegan
BBC Sport

Emirates Marketing Project are willing to accept a knockdown fee for Micah Richards.

The defender, 26, made just two Premier League appearances for the club last season and has one year remaining on his contract.

The league champions are open to offers that would include significant add-ons based on appearances, given his injury history.

A source close to Richards said they were relaxed about the situation but acknowledged he was unlikely to stay.

Birmingham-born Richards has been with City since the age of 14 and made his England debut in 2006, aged 18.

He was linked with a £20m move to a host of top clubs in 2011 but a number of injuries and the emergence of Pablo Zabaleta as City's first-choice right-back limited his opportunities.

The arrival of Bacary Sagna on a free transfer from Arsenal appears to have weakened his position still further.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool and Arsenal have been linked with a move for Richards in recent weeks and may now step up their interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28124256

Tottenham Hotspur are preparing a surprise bid in signing Arsenal defender target Serge Aurier this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
The 21-year-old has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and the Ivory Coast right-back has publicly expressed his desire to join Arsene Wenger's side. The Gunners are in need of a replacement for Bacary Sagna after the French international signed for Emirates Marketing Project on a free transfer.
Aurier was believed to fill in the void left by Sagna's departure at the Emirates. However, their north London rivals, Spurs, are set to steal the Toulouse defender from Arsenal to strengthen the back four.
The White Hart Lane outfit has Kyle Walker as the first choice right-back in the squad. However, the England international is recovering from a pelvic injury, which has seen him miss out on making it to Roy Hodgson's squad for the World Cup.
Spurs' new manager Mauricio Pochettino was impressed with Aurier's performance in the summer tournament in Brazil. The former Southampton boss wants to bring the Ligue 1 star to improve competition in the right-back position.
The right-back's agent Stephane Courbis had earlier admitted the Gunners have not made an approach in signing his client. However, Aurier's representative had admitted that "another Premier League club" have made an enquiry in signing the defender.
"There is no agreement with Arsenal or anyone else. There have been discussions with Arsenal in the past, but it's been a while since there has been any talks," Courbis told RMC.
"To tell you the truth, we are even talking to another English club, so there is really nothing to act upon," he added.
The Ivory Coast international's brilliant run for Toulouse in the league has seen him being named in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year. The addition of Aurier to Spurs' squad in the summer transfer window will further strengthen their squad for the next season.
Should Spurs sign Aurier, it will be a massive blow for their local rivals Arsenal as they have long been monitoring the talented defender.

Tottenham Hotspur are preparing a surprise bid in signing Arsenal defender target Serge Aurier this summer, according to the Daily Mail.
The 21-year-old has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and the Ivory Coast right-back has publicly expressed his desire to join Arsene Wenger's side. The Gunners are in need of a replacement for Bacary Sagna after the French international signed for Emirates Marketing Project on a free transfer.
Aurier was believed to fill in the void left by Sagna's departure at the Emirates. However, their north London rivals, Spurs, are set to steal the Toulouse defender from Arsenal to strengthen the back four.
The White Hart Lane outfit has Kyle Walker as the first choice right-back in the squad. However, the England international is recovering from a pelvic injury, which has seen him miss out on making it to Roy Hodgson's squad for the World Cup.
Spurs' new manager Mauricio Pochettino was impressed with Aurier's performance in the summer tournament in Brazil. The former Southampton boss wants to bring the Ligue 1 star to improve competition in the right-back position.
The right-back's agent Stephane Courbis had earlier admitted the Gunners have not made an approach in signing his client. However, Aurier's representative had admitted that "another Premier League club" have made an enquiry in signing the defender.
"There is no agreement with Arsenal or anyone else. There have been discussions with Arsenal in the past, but it's been a while since there has been any talks," Courbis told RMC.
"To tell you the truth, we are even talking to another English club, so there is really nothing to act upon," he added.
The Ivory Coast international's brilliant run for Toulouse in the league has seen him being named in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year. The addition of Aurier to Spurs' squad in the summer transfer window will further strengthen their squad for the next season.
Should Spurs sign Aurier, it will be a massive blow for their local rivals Arsenal as they have long been monitoring the talented defender.

Agents using us again, unless of course Poch has invited the Daily Fail over to his to watch Frances WC matches with him. Looks like Walker is finished poor bloke.

Transfer news: Liverpool swoop for Kevin Stewart

By Graeme Bailey - Last Updated: 02/07/14 2:42pm

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have snapped up former Tottenham defender Kevin Stewart.

The 20-year-old has come through the ranks at White Hart Lane, and has skippered their youth sides.

He made his professional debut last season and has spent time on loan at Crewe Alexandra.

Tottenham decided not to offer him a professional deal, at which point Liverpool have made their move.

Stewart has signed a two-year deal with the Reds, and became a Liverpool player on July 1.

Inglethorpe's doing you'd guess.

Inglethorpe's doing you'd guess.

Seems somewhat likely, but I wouldn't read too much into it. He might just be looking to do a favour for someone he's worked with for years or it might just be about Liverpool making up the numbers as you need some more experienced players in those youth teams too.

I'd have him

Micah Richards: Emirates Marketing Project will listen to offers for defender

By Mike Keegan
BBC Sport

Emirates Marketing Project are willing to accept a knockdown fee for Micah Richards.

The defender, 26, made just two Premier League appearances for the club last season and has one year remaining on his contract.

The league champions are open to offers that would include significant add-ons based on appearances, given his injury history.

A source close to Richards said they were relaxed about the situation but acknowledged he was unlikely to stay.

Birmingham-born Richards has been with City since the age of 14 and made his England debut in 2006, aged 18.

He was linked with a £20m move to a host of top clubs in 2011 but a number of injuries and the emergence of Pablo Zabaleta as City's first-choice right-back limited his opportunities.

The arrival of Bacary Sagna on a free transfer from Arsenal appears to have weakened his position still further.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool and Arsenal have been linked with a move for Richards in recent weeks and may now step up their interest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28124256

Would defo have him. Can play RB or CB and would be a good acquisition imo. I never really rated him and thought he was overhyped but the season they got 4th and then the next season when they won the title he was absolutely immense. Creative signing that would definitely improve our backline.

Not sure we'd be having stuff like this going up recently on the Spurs site if Sandro was about to leave...

[video=youtube;AhosX9gKnl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhosX9gKnl8[/video]

The same was said about Bale last summer amidst all those NBC posters, which featured him wearing a Spurs shirt, going up.

The same was said about Bale last summer amidst all those NBC posters, which featured him wearing a Spurs shirt, going up.

I think a fairly convincing argument can be made that at the time of that poster the plan was to keep Bale and that only the massive bid and head turning power of Real Madrid changed that. We're not going to see the same for Sandro.

Not exactly fresh off the press, might have been posted elsewhere, but I just saw it now and thought others might want to read it:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/30/4925434/tottenham-open-talks-over-bony-ben-davies-moves

Summarizing article from Stobart, I still think he's one of the journalists worth listening to about Spurs transfer news although I don't know if that's still the case after the backroom changes.

Highlights:
-We're after Ben Davies and Bony and have opened talks. Bony preferred to Lukaku because of cost and prior Chelsea disagreements.
-Left back, centre back and striker the priorities.
-Lovren our preferred centre back target, Dawson told he can leave.
-Adebayor expected to stay, club willing to listen to offers for Soldado.
-Academy products like Townsend and Bentaleb told they will play big parts next season.

I'm usually very sceptical of articles like this one that seemingly claim to know so much, although I suppose a lot of this has been mentioned elsewhere. Pinch of salt and all that...

Would defo have him. Can play RB or CB and would be a good acquisition imo. I never really rated him and thought he was overhyped but the season they got 4th and then the next season when they won the title he was absolutely immense. Creative signing that would definitely improve our backline.

Surely we can only take him if we get rid of Kaboul.... I don't thnk we can afford to have two defenders in the squad with such bad injury records.

Agents using us again, unless of course Poch has invited the Daily Fail over to his to watch Frances WC matches with him. Looks like Walker is finished poor bloke.

Looks more like the press putting two and two together to me.... The agent has just said 'talking to another English club' he hasn't mentioned us at all.

Looks more like the press putting two and two together to me.... The agent has just said 'talking to another English club' he hasn't mentioned us at all.

He didn't use the entire quote though:

'Could you run a story about him talking to another English club, Spurs maybe? Will give you some good gossip later. Cheers'

;)

Ok, I just have to ask...

What makes you say that it "Looks like Walker is finished poor bloke"?

Indeed the Walker comment was irony.

Aurier is going to want to play regular first team football therefore I highly doubt he'd join Spurs as an understudy to Walker to provide defensive depth.

Indeed the Walker comment was irony.

Aurier is going to want to play regular first team football therefore I highly doubt he'd join Spurs as an understudy to Walker to provide defensive depth.

Cheers, I get it now (slowly :))

If Naughton was to leave I could see us bringing in another full back, but I agree Aurier is too close to being a star and Walker has done too well in recent years for us to spend considerable amounts of money to have them compete with each other. (Not saying that would necessarily be bad, but that money is better spent elsewhere).

Back