• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I'm leaning that way now, yes, but I'm just saying if he does end up being sold, I don't think all of the money will be reinvested(on top of the money we've already spent).

In:
Paulinho £17m
Chadli £6m
Soldado £25.8m

Out:
Caulker £9m
Dempsey £6m

So our net spend so far is £33.8m. Let's say Bale and a couple of others are sold, bringing in £100m. I don't think we'd then reinvest that £100m, maybe £65m at most leaving us with a break-evenish window.

Edit: Plus £3 mill sell on from GDS.

I think we will be getting about £10 mill from other players so basically that is the extra TV money spent.

It does look as though he is off, I just can't get my head around why we are selling him at this point in time. We finally have a team that potentially has an outside chance of challenging for the title, yet we are destabilising our team by selling our best player. We'd still be able to rake in £100m next summer, so similar to Modric saga, why not force him to stay and have a go at the title and then accept his desire to move on and sell him next season. We'd lose nothing by going down that route.

Look, we all know Bale wants to go, he won't change his mind. I desperately want him to stay (and yes I would still keep him even if they offered £100m), but the only thing that will stop this deal happening is whether Madrid: a) actually have the money that they are talking about spending; and b) how prepared are they to actually spend it because Levy will not get fudged over by them and say "oh you've only got £75m? Ok then we'll settle for that."

I just hope that if we do sell him that it's well before the window closes because we don't want to be panic buying in the last couple of days.

When it comes to the pre season, it's not that important in the greater scheme of things, but if Bale is still a Spurs player come the 18th August, then I fully expect to see him in the starting lineup against Crystal Palace unless BOTH Bale and the club agree it's in everybody's best interest that he doesn't play.

its not about net spend. its about risk exposure and squad valuation

you know how if you spend money on a 1billion pound house. no matter how bad things get you know you still have a 1 billion pound house...which means you are literally living in your money in a sort of credit fashion. if you spend 1billion pounds on a chocolate house...your risk exposure is that much bigger every HOT summer, you wont get your money back

this thing with soldado has REALLy thrown me out of my comfort zone in that now i dont know at all what our theme is. And i dont know the reason why we were wiling to do that.

anyones guess mate

;)

You can't replace a player like Bale.
Our squad is actually quite strong and I don't think we need to be spending over £10m on any one position now.

I'd like to see all of the Bale money invested into an actual stadium now.
Yes let's get the fracking thing off the ground ffs.

Look, we all know Bale wants to go, he won't change his mind. I desperately want him to stay (and yes I would still keep him even if they offered £100m), but the only thing that will stop this deal happening is whether Madrid: a) actually have the money that they are talking about spending; and b) how prepared are they to actually spend it because Levy will not get fudged over by them and say "oh you've only got £75m? Ok then we'll settle for that."

I just hope that if we do sell him that it's well before the window closes because we don't want to be panic buying in the last couple of days.

When it comes to the pre season, it's not that important in the greater scheme of things, but if Bale is still a Spurs player come the 18th August, then I fully expect to see him in the starting lineup against Crystal Palace unless BOTH Bale and the club agree it's in everybody's best interest that he doesn't play.

I will place a bet that IF he is still here on August 18th, and IF that is only because the final terms are being decided on how to execute the deal, AVB will not have him anywhere near Selhurst Park or White Hart Lane soon after. He likes a unified dressing room without any major turmoil/pause...in fact, I will speculate that if on Sept 1 he is with us, AVB still wouldn't just drop him right into the side. He would be brought up to speed over a few weeks. We shall see mate...I used to say that I hope he's still here, etc, but at this point, I want only what the manager wants.

I will place a bet that IF he is still here on August 18th, and IF that is only because the final terms are being decided on how to execute the deal, AVB will not have him anywhere near Selhurst Park or White Hart Lane soon after. He likes a unified dressing room without any major turmoil/pause...in fact, I will speculate that if on Sept 1 he is with us, AVB still wouldn't just drop him right into the side. He would be brought up to speed over a few weeks. We shall see mate...I used to say that I hope he's still here, etc, but at this point, I want only what the manager wants.

The window closes on september the 2nd i thought...

According to tomorrow's Telegraph Levy has refused to continue further negotiationswith Real Madrid unless they substantially increase their offer

It's quite clear that Madrid don't have the sufficient funds to complete this transfer and it's even clearer that Levy will not accept payment in instalments. I think Bale will go next season but it won't be Real Madrid.

We should be setting a fudging deadline and a price, don't meet the price by the deadline? Cya later.

We should be setting a fudging deadline and a price, don't meet the price by the deadline? Cya later.

!00% agree. Said this last week. The deadline should have been this Monday. If they came up with the money, we still have time to get replacements, possibly even in time for Palace away.
If they dont, we all know where stand ready for the new season.

Thats an ideal world though, you just know this will drag on right until the 2nd Sept

what is stopping all European leagues starting on the same date so the transfer window can be done and dusted before the seasons start?

images

AVB: "The only thing that we have communicated with Real Madrid is that he is our player and he's not for sale."

AVB - "We signed an agreement last year, of good will and respect. We're not willing to concede to their tactics about the player"

bryan+yes.gif

AVB: "The only thing that we have communicated with Real Madrid is that he is our player and he's not for sale."

Saved my Saturday evening for sure \o/

Last edited:
Back