• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Danny Kelly's opening gambit to his show on TalkSport (paraphrasing)....

"Tell me, WHY is everyone - The press - Fellow pundits - other fans - telling Spurs to release Gareth Bale like he is some kind of political prisoner? HE IS WORTH MORE TO SPURS THAN £100 MILLION!!"

Tell it like it is Danny boy!

Danny Kelly's opening gambit to his show on TalkSport (paraphrasing)....

"Tell me, WHY is everyone - The press - Fellow pundits - other fans - telling Spurs to release Gareth Bale like he is some kind of political prisoner? HE IS WORTH MORE TO SPURS THAN £100 MILLION!!"

Tell it like it is Danny boy!

that 100 mill could go along way to paying a huge chunk of the new stadium, a new stadium that Levy is finding difficult to get a naming sponsor to help pay for it

from this point of view, the money might be more important to the clubs future than Bale

Exactly. 85 million quid is a gift, but Gareth Bale is the gift that keeps on giving on and off the pitch.

Lets say Bale says 10 million shirts and the price of shirts is 40 quid each. That's £400 million right away with us still having Bale. And we'd probably be able to sell more than that. That's shirts alone, not including everything else that comes with having a world class player. We still have TV deals, potnetial Champions League qualifcation, increased membership, sponsorship and much more else to consder.

If theirs ever been a time or player for Levy to break the wage structure on it's now and on Gareth Bale.

Corrected for you

have Spurs even offered Bale a new contract during the summer???

Gareth arrives at training.....

woo woo \o/ \o/ \o/

really good of him to do that.

Only to sulk through the session before joining his parents in a meeting with Levy, where they will demand being sold to Real.

Or so we're likely to be told by Marca soon.

Corrected for you

£400 million x his three year contract = £1,2 billion.

Not to mention the increased publicity/profile of Spurs as a club, which is surely worth quite a few million pounds in itself.

I say we demand no less than £1,5 billion for him. Cash.

£400 million x his three year contract = £1,2 billion.

Not to mention the increased publicity/profile of Spurs as a club, which is surely worth quite a few million pounds in itself.

I say we demand no less than £1,5 billion for him. Cash.

and how much are you going to pay Bale whilst all this money is flowing in?

I still think we will keep him for another season, I will be glad when the window is shut either way.

I think it will be very difficult for Real to get this deal done even if Bale makes it pretty clear that he wants to go - short of a transfer request which I don't think he will put in. The reason being that Levy drags these things out endlessly and Real need to get it done and get Bale integrated into the team.

If we got - say - £90m cash - but staggered - don't expect Levy to go around splashing the cash and paying over the odds for players - it just isn't in his DNA. And once we sell, every club in the world will expect us to pay more for any player we might be interested in because they will know we have the dosh.

The big worry is that Levy will sell Bale on the final day of the window and we will go through the season with Chadli as the Bale replacement. Levy will put the money in the Bank and think its a great outcome. As I have said before I am not a supporter of the Chairman - he will always, but always leave the team short of that extra player to save cash. We are now hearing that we could have got Soldado for £15M in January - could Soldado have scored a winner against Wigan, two against Fulham to win those games and get us Champions League football - he could have made that critical difference - but we just won't splash the cash - don't expect us to if Bale goes.

I still think there's a chance he'll stay though - even if there is some sort of off the record agreement that he will be sold to Real for circa £80M at the end of the season.

Stobart saying that talks are opening. Followed up on twitter saying that he things Levy will try to hold out for £100m.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/31/4154919/bale-talks-open-tottenham-real-madrid-start-negotiations

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has opened dialogue with the Liga giants in the last 24 hours and is expected to meet Florentino Perez on August 6 to discuss a world-record deal

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham have finally opened talks with Real Madrid over the £100 million sale of Gareth Bale, with club officials increasingly convinced the Welshman will leave this summer, Goal can reveal.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been adamant all summer that the club's prize asset would not be sold under any circumstances.

However, Real's concerted campaign has borne fruit in the last couple of days, with their most recent tactic - a warning to Bale and his advisors that it is 'now or never' for him to force a move - prompting the 24-year-old to privately declare in a meeting with Levy that he wants to join the Spanish giants.

That has led the Spurs chairman, whose 'no sale' policy had been fully backed by owner Joe Lewis, to open dialogue with Real in the last 24 hours, with a meeting between Levy and Madrid president Florentino Perez expected to take place on August 6 in Florida.

Even now Levy will only sanction a sale if the deal - cash only - smashes the world record £80m fee Real paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Tottenham are keen on Real left-back Fabio Coentrao, in particular, while Angel Di Maria is also seen by many as a good like-for-like replacement for Bale.

But big-money player exchange deals are a complicated matter, and Levy is keen that he realises the full monetary value for a player who still has three years left on his contract, preferring to keep any follow-up bid for Coentrao and Di Maria separate.

Though it is not a foregone conclusion that the transfer will go ahead - as recently as Monday, Tottenham were insistent no bids had yet even been formalised - Levy and manager Andre Villas-Boas are now making plans for the coming weeks to bolster the squad in Bale's absence.

Roberto Soldado is expected to arrive in a £25m deal from Valencia, joining fellow big-money recruits Paulinho and Nacer Chadli, while Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches is also expected to sign in a £7m deal from Steaua Bucharest.

It looks increasingly likely, though, that they will not be lining up alongside Bale next season, with Real pulling out all the stops to land a 'Galactico' summer signing to rival Barcelona's £50m capture of Neymar.

Despite telling Spurs of his desire to leave the club for Real, Bale has been keen to underline his happiness at the north Londoners and could yet play a part in a behind-closed-doors friendly against a non-league opponent on Thursday.

Further still, should negotiations with Madrid break down, it is still expected that the former Southampton youngster will play a full and committed part under Villas-Boas in the 2013-14 campaign as Spurs aim to claim a place in top four of the Premier League.

But with Levy now willing to talk to Perez and Real desperate to land their number-one target, a world-record deal is now more likely than ever to be completed in the coming weeks.

I think it will be very difficult for Real to get this deal done even if Bale makes it pretty clear that he wants to go - short of a transfer request which I don't think he will put in. The reason being that Levy drags these things out endlessly and Real need to get it done and get Bale integrated into the team.

If we got - say - £90m cash - but staggered - don't expect Levy to go around splashing the cash and paying over the odds for players - it just isn't in his DNA. And once we sell, every club in the world will expect us to pay more for any player we might be interested in because they will know we have the dosh.

The big worry is that Levy will sell Bale on the final day of the window and we will go through the season with Chadli as the Bale replacement. Levy will put the money in the Bank and think its a great outcome. As I have said before I am not a supporter of the Chairman - he will always, but always leave the team short of that extra player to save cash. We are now hearing that we could have got Soldado for £15M in January - could Soldado have scored a winner against Wigan, two against Fulham to win those games and get us Champions League football - he could have made that critical difference - but we just won't splash the cash - don't expect us to if Bale goes.

I still think there's a chance he'll stay though - even if there is some sort of off the record agreement that he will be sold to Real for circa £80M at the end of the season.

We could have gotten Soldado in January for £15m? I think you need to check, or post, your sources for that one...

Levy has consistently given the managers the money the club has had available to spend. No money has been taken out of the club for a very long time and meanwhile our debt has grown.

Not paying over the odds for players is a good thing.

/off topic.

Back