• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

That's the thing , things change. There's no need for definite statements time and time again when we all know how football works (especially so early into the window). That's the same problem with itk's, they're so quick to make these definite statements just so they can say "i said it first" without realising things change.

You are correct. I'd be best off staying away from these threads to be honest. BTW, if you know what Real Madrid have done, and if you knew what they were going to do, you're in the wrong profession unless you already work in the world of football at agent or board level.

I think when Perez turns up in Miami, I think he will find the only person there will be the Pool Boy.(WE8Campbell)

I hope so... I felt very confident of him saying. Now all this stuff in the media sound like air raid alarms going off and I'm just hoping it's a false alarm!

I'm so frustrated, every time we get close to building something a player is stolen!

Carrick, Berbatov & Keane, Modric, Bale

I feel like a girl who's been in a really brick relationship and now can't trust anyone. When I see Paulinhio or any other new signing making their debut I won't even give them a chance before launching into "You good for nothing greedy bastard trying to force your way out the club!"

BREAKING NEWS

Gareth Bale has officially been sold for £85 million!!!

Unfortunately Real Madrid gave us a bouncing check, leaving us without a single penny to show for it!!! Robert Pires being linked with budget free transfer to Spurs to act as replacement for the season!

I said it before that we should call their bluff. Reluctantly Accept their bid of £90M plus Cointreau provided they pay up the Modric money and half the Bale money within the week. If not, no more talks as we prepare for season 2013/14 with Bale a Spurs player.

All people have to remember is that Levy will do two things.. keep him, or sell him by making Madrid sell there soul to the devil to pay for him. That is all you need to know really. Either way.. this situation is what Levy excels at.. remember Modric stayed the extra year and everytime we sell we get top market dollar.

If we do sell I really hope Levy asks for one of Morata or Rodriguez to sweeten the deal. But I do think Bale will be staying, and as said at the weekend.. this exposure is brilliant for the club on a commercial level, and something you simply could not get normally. Happy days, Levy will do what's best for Tottenham as per usual.

All people have to remember is that Levy will do two things.. keep him, or sell him by making Madrid sell there soul to the devil to pay for him. That is all you need to know really. Either way.. this situation is what Levy excels at.. remember Modric stayed the extra year and everytime we sell we get top market dollar.

If we do sell I really hope Levy asks for one of Morata or Rodriguez to sweeten the deal. But I do think Bale will be staying, and as said at the weekend.. this exposure is brilliant for the club on a commercial level, and something you simply could not get normally. Happy days, Levy will do what's best for Tottenham as per usual.

Interesting here is to look at Madrid's last reported income €512.5m. €100m for them is 19.5% of their income.
Compare to our income of £144m 19.5% of that is 28m.
The reality here is €100m to Madrid isn't that much to them. Its pretty much what we're gonna pay Soldado to us.
Levy should push and get another €30m off them.

Casillas's two cents worth;

Iker Casillas has popped open his essential oils and massaged Real Madrid target Gareth Bale's ego. "We are talking about one of the top three or four best players in Europe … he has all the qualities a footballer needs," he soothed.

It's all good mate...I understand your cynicism and suspicion of trumping.

am glad you see this. It does sound like theory from a guy with no more than rumours to make final conclusions. They are plausible though but from my experience with pro players. and i know alot of them believe me, it doesnt fit with what the real world is like from my perspective. Thats why when i hear "he'll never engineer a move" or "we will never sell because levy HINTED that we wouldnt" or "he loves the club so he will stay in one more season" or "he should stay here for his development" ....i am like ....."WHAT!!?? Is Mass Hypnosis THAT strong that people dont see that a VAST majority of the time non of this matters when money and career and prestige are involved? wow"

like i said , i am surprised with you on this kind of stuff as i know you know pro players as well.

Funny that Redknapp junior never said the sort of stuff he came out with tonight when Modric was desperate to leave.Ah i forgot,his old man was the manager back then!
What a load of shallow,insincere tossers that family are. AVB must be sick of the sight of all of them and their constant underhand snipings and digs.

iirc he was sympathetic to Modric actually

Here's the thing mate...the figures being quotes -85-100 mill- are figures WE would at least demand. Madrid have not offered those figures. Madrid haven't offered anything. They are working the player/agent so hard to try and get THEM to make bale a potentially undesirable presence at the club, thus trying to force our hand to sell, and then at a LOWER price.

I would agree that perhaps it was foolish to be so brazenly confident, but there are others who now likely feel the same closer to the situation than I will ever be in a week of Sundays.

the whole point of signing Bale is to make history....Perez holds the record for breaking the world transfer fee record on the last 4 occasions, Figo, Zidane, Kaka and Ronaldo. Perez wants to upstage Barca's signing of Neymar. Perez wants to get his balls out and show everyone he has the biggest and baddest of the lot. This is how the man operates.

Zidane has said it will probably take a bid over 80 mill to secure Bale, this was said before the end of the season just gone

other people close to madrid are talking about world record bids

if they want Bale, they WILL pay a world record sum

article-2381615-1B127FB9000005DC-583_634x346.jpg

Here's the thing mate...the figures being quotes -85-100 mill- are figures WE would at least demand. Madrid have not offered those figures. Madrid haven't offered anything. They are working the player/agent so hard to try and get THEM to make bale a potentially undesirable presence at the club, thus trying to force our hand to sell, and then at a LOWER price.

I would agree that perhaps it was foolish to be so brazenly confident, but there are others who now likely feel the same closer to the situation than I will ever be in a week of Sundays.

this is what Zidane said a day or so ago......you donot say these things if you want to get a player on the cheap.....

“This is modern football - you have to pay to get the best players in Europe. Last season Gareth was on the same level as Ronaldo and Messi. The best players can have not so great games - but change a game with a moment of brilliance. Those are the sort of players that win you Champions League's and League titles.

“He is already one of the finest player in Europe and he has everything needed to become the best player in the world.

they will pay a world record sum have no doubt about that

and im sure Levy will use words like this to get over 100 mill for Bale

Obviously complete crap but if that's how we re gonna spend the Bale money then no thanks.

they are just options....Soldado is nearly done, bid in for Chiriches

Suarez is just a stupid link, never going to happen for many reasons

the others are viable but im sure we have other options too

Im going to try and spend a whole day today and not read one story on GB, do you reckon its possible hahaha !!!!

But I did have to look at Marca just once hahaha !!!

A girl asks the White Hart Lane tour guide, "Is Bale going to stay?" The scene takes place in the home team dressing room, the last stop before heading out onto the turf after a 90-minute tour through the heart of the historic northeast London club – one which featured only English players until the '80s, when the Argentineans Ardiles and Ricardo Villa arrived, at the very height of the nation's furore amid the Falklands conflict.

Just as devout followers go to saints asking for miracles, the fans pose in front of their hero – the adults among them well aware that Real Madrid, the big European multinational, has come for their star and little can be done. "Only the owner knows about Bale," says an employee, whilst the veteran guide tells the story of Bill Nicholson.

Nicholson and Bale perfectly define the conflicting elements of the evolution of sport – one signifying the romanticism only understood by children, the other ambition, opportunities for success and business. Nicholson was a Spurs man since he first started out at the club aged 16 until the day he died in 2004 at the age of 85. He was a player, coach, manager in the golden decade of the '70s, and president. He always wanted to live a stone's throw away from White Hart Lane. "And he never signed a contract," recalls the guide. Some 10,000 people stood in line to pay tribute to him on the day of his funeral.

Bale has barely been at Spurs for five years, but he has become a massive icon and the fondness which the children have for him is moving. But these are new times. Beyond the Isles, only the erudite would honour the fellow right winger of the '50s.

But I did have to look at Marca just once hahaha !!!

A girl asks the White Hart Lane tour guide, "Is Bale going to stay?" The scene takes place in the home team dressing room, the last stop before heading out onto the turf after a 90-minute tour through the heart of the historic northeast London club – one which featured only English players until the '80s, when the Argentineans Ardiles and Ricardo Villa arrived, at the very height of the nation's furore amid the Falklands conflict.

Just as devout followers go to saints asking for miracles, the fans pose in front of their hero – the adults among them well aware that Real Madrid, the big European multinational, has come for their star and little can be done. "Only the owner knows about Bale," says an employee, whilst the veteran guide tells the story of Bill Nicholson.

Nicholson and Bale perfectly define the conflicting elements of the evolution of sport – one signifying the romanticism only understood by children, the other ambition, opportunities for success and business. Nicholson was a Spurs man since he first started out at the club aged 16 until the day he died in 2004 at the age of 85. He was a player, coach, manager in the golden decade of the '70s, and president. He always wanted to live a stone's throw away from White Hart Lane. "And he never signed a contract," recalls the guide. Some 10,000 people stood in line to pay tribute to him on the day of his funeral.

Bale has barely been at Spurs for five years, but he has become a massive icon and the fondness which the children have for him is moving. But these are new times. Beyond the Isles, only the erudite would honour the fellow right winger of the '50s.

Is that from Marca? If it is, I'll feel a bit physically ill that they've stretched to including Bill Nicholson in their Bale tripe.

You are correct. I'd be best off staying away from these threads to be honest. BTW, if you know what Real Madrid have done, and if you knew what they were going to do, you're in the wrong profession unless you already work in the world of football at agent or board level.

but you're the one claiming to know?

Back