• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Really?

He celebrates using his hands making a heart. When has ronaldo done that?

He takes free kicks like that because.. wait for it... Because it's a good way to take free kicks!

People turning on Bale already, sad fcukers..

who is turning on Bale??? me? Id love him to stay, to be happy to stay at Spurs and make us a great club. But if that was the case there wouldnt be all this cr@p in the press. When i talk about his obsession, i mean it in a way that he is obviously a fan of Ronaldo and Real. I think everyone already knows he adored Ronaldo, there is nothing new there

If Bale want to go he can go and im happy for him. All i want is for Levy to get a world record fee and in time so AVB and Baldini have time to do some business

yeah, the thing is that its Real Madrid. I have a feeling he is obsessed with them like he is obsessed with Ronaldo. Look how Bale arranges his hair, the way he runs and celebrates, the way he takes free kicks, he is trying to be a Ronaldo clone. Sad fcuker:)

Funny but I was quite happy to see one of own copy the worlds best player. Especially when he did it do well.

However to say he is obsessed with either is ridiculous!

To be fair to the lad he's not a spurs fan like us . Lets say any of us turned pro and ended up playing for a traditional big English club but not our own. Lets say Villa. You have a great couple of years but then Madrid come in wanting to make you a poster boy and paying the sort of fee that guarantees you will start for a year.

Speaking as a football fan - and putting Spurs allegiances aside for a moment - it's almost a no-brainer. However I do hope that Bale is looking at what's best for him at this stage in his career. Give it another season, he matures, and also Barca, Bayern, Man U will all probably join the bidding war sending up his demand.

Up to him but at this moment in time you cannot begrudge him being interested or fascinated.

BQfq8z6CMAESfDZ.jpg:large

Bale arriving today via @AddictedtoSpurs

just wait till Marca get a hold of that pic :lol:

BQfq8z6CMAESfDZ.jpg:large

Bale arriving today via @AddictedtoSpurs

"Bale miserable in car with sun roof shut"
"Bale can't take the rain no longer"
"No smiles Bale wants to die"
"A face expression that only can be interpreted as: Please GHod, take me away from this GHod forsaken place and whisk me off to Spain, por favor"

Thinking about it now i think we should accept anything £100m + as Bale is only an injury or bad form away from dropping in value and leaving us in the brick. If we sell now we have around £60m to build in the right places and making the team stronger overall rather than relying on one person.

Bale had a good second half of the season but whats to say he will reach them heights again next season?

We need to be looking at Tottenham in the long run not Bale for 1 more season.

Funny but I was quite happy to see one of own copy the worlds best player. Especially when he did it do well.

However to say he is obsessed with either is ridiculous!

To be fair to the lad he's not a spurs fan like us . Lets say any of us turned pro and ended up playing for a traditional big English club but not our own. Lets say Villa. You have a great couple of years but then Madrid come in wanting to make you a poster boy and paying the sort of fee that guarantees you will start for a year.

Speaking as a football fan - and putting Spurs allegiances aside for a moment - it's almost a no-brainer. However I do hope that Bale is looking at what's best for him at this stage in his career. Give it another season, he matures, and also Barca, Bayern, Man U will all probably join the bidding war sending up his demand.

Up to him but at this moment in time you cannot begrudge him being interested or fascinated.

exactly, i dont begrudge him at all....however i dont think he wants to wait a year and possible join Barca, Man U or Bayern. He seems to want to join Real Madrid and wants to join them now. That must mean he really has a passion for them otherwise why all the apparent angst.

"Bale miserable in car with sun roof shut"
"Bale can't take the rain no longer"
"No smiles Bale wants to die"
"A face expression that only can be interpreted as: Please GHod, take me away from this GHod forsaken place and whisk me off to Spain, por favor"

:lol:

Why does it always rain on me? Distraught Bale returns to preseason training at a club that has become little more than a prison.

We can and will get by without Bale. He wouldn't have scored so many goals anyway if we hadn't had such a poor strikeforce, which is largely why he was given such a free role and which is why he ultimately will have less of an influx in a team like Real. The impact of losing him will be less than losing Modric, in my not so humble opinion. For all the player Bale has become, he doesn't create as much for others as he did when he held the left flank. And who can blame him with the poor chance conversion our strikers have. He won't be able to roam like that in a star-studded Real containing Ronaldo, and that is why he is worth so much more to us than he is to them. Even if Modric is arguably the best midfielder they have, he was never given, or even allowed to get such a role with them that he had for us. I cannot understand that they are willing to pay such an amount of money other that for the hype, the marketing value and their annual "marquee signing".

I would absolutely love it if he stays, but saying no to close to £100m would be ludicrous. The biggest problem would as many have said, be that every man and his dog would know we'd sit on a brickload of money. Football is still a team sport, and Bale is, albeit an important one, just a cog in the machinery. Replace wisely, but that would go without saying (although we fail to do so time and time again). I cannot believe that Levy, AvB or anyone have thought that a player of such quality would stay at Spurs forever, so this is a project that is planned a long time ago, I hope. We will never be able to fend off clubs like Real Madrid or even Man Utd for that matter, so the only thing that remains is that the clubs can come out of this with an ounce of dignity, which Real has made very difficult. Real and their associates are shooting themselves in the foot by acting like such pricks, but that is just how modern football works I guess.

The blame, if we can use such an expression, lies within ourselves for failing to make it attractive for players of Bale's quality to stay with us. To not strengthen the attack, showing some ambition in the past transfer windows is what has ultimately put us in this situation. Not once, but twice in a row have we now lost the momentum after sitting quite pretty before the run-in. Even though Chelsea had an enormous stroke of luck, we should not count on others to do the job for us. Stockpiling midfielders when every Spurs fan in the world knew that we needed strikers is not the way to go.

Certainly we have a limit on spending, and rightly so, but that is also why players like Bale will seek to upgrade his job environment given the chance. It has sweet feck all to do with the actual wage figure, they already earn more than anybody with their limited grasp of real life will ever do (generally speaking and not without a significant bit of prejudice). Throwing 150k a week in his direction will help very little, contracts mean nothing nowadays, Spurs cannot offer the status, the glamour or even the weather. If we should hope to keep such players into their prime, anything but CL participation and at least a remote chance at major domestic titles is a complete failure. We as fans have a lifetime to say "next year". Players haven't got that luxury.

in the same technical way, Bale can stick to that 3 year contract and see it out before leaving for free

Yep. The question is then which of these scenarios would generate more revenue for Spurs:

(a) Bale leaves now, and we pocket £100 million.
(b) Bale leaves for nothing after three years at Spurs. Three years with countless Bale-shirts sold, with massive publicity for Spurs as a club, and probably also increased on field success. Even if you factor in Bale's wages, this would be far, far more worth for Spurs than a single pay out of £100 million. Plus we'd get to enjoy three more years of a genuine world class player at Spurs.

Stobart saying that talks are opening. Followed up on twitter saying that he things Levy will try to hold out for £100m.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/07/31/4154919/bale-talks-open-tottenham-real-madrid-start-negotiations

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has opened dialogue with the Liga giants in the last 24 hours and is expected to meet Florentino Perez on August 6 to discuss a world-record deal

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham have finally opened talks with Real Madrid over the £100 million sale of Gareth Bale, with club officials increasingly convinced the Welshman will leave this summer, Goal can reveal.

-snip-

Note Stobert is mentioning the fee as £100m.
I'm assuming this isn't a mistake as they have the fee converted to €115m on their international edition of the site

No. The worth of having Bale at the club far outweighs £100 million, or £200 million for that matter. Even if it's only for one year.

I tend to agree, if we did something similar with Bale as we did with Modric and accept a lower bid next year but retain him for this coming season I would be rather pleased, of course if we don't make CL then it will be worse.

Back