• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Some people really dont understand the difference of diving and being forced to ground. Sure he could have fought to stay up, but why should he when he is clearly fouled ?

Some people really dont understand the difference of diving and being forced to ground. Sure he could have fought to stay up, but why should he when he is clearly fouled ?

This. But don't worry mate, there will always be some out there looking for a row...personally, I'd be slating him for not staying wider and really caning them on the LEFT WING where he basically had the run of it...

It was NOT a dive at all! Why the fudge would he dive when he can score? Two players clearly made contact, and if the referee awards a penalty for that offence he has to show a card. Disgusting

Can't really understand the defense of him here but a twenty page epic with the last dive didn't really solve much so there's not much point debating it. Was looking for it, and needs to man the fudge up.

I cannot understand how he seems to be the spacegoat all the time. Predictable. Resultantly I am more inclined to defend our best player, and hope Harry starts him on the left with lennon on the right so he can go back to winning us games.

The only reason I can give for the ref not giving a penalty is that he awarded the penalty because he saw Bale go down (dont even think the linesman had his flag up for a penalty), he went over and spoke to the linesman who should have said he thought Bale may of dived but he wasnt sure, but because he had already gave the penalty and didn't want to change his mind, he didnt give no cards.

That probably isnt the case and it's pathetic refereeing, if you give a penalty it means there has been contact in your eyes and youve given it, therefore fudge what the linesman says, you make the final decision so wheres the card!

This. But don't worry mate, there will always be some out there looking for a row...personally, I'd be slating him for not staying wider and really caning them on the LEFT WING where he basically had the run of it...

True, it also looked like he could have helped BAE a lot more in this game. Who at times was caught completely out in no mans land. But to be fair I do get the frustration that comes from incidents like these, I dont really like it when players do go down and force the referee to take action. Its sort of in the same bracket for me as when players fall over after a challenge and grab the ball with their hands before the whistle goes.. Just let the referee handle it.

Last edited:
Bale does over react to tackles and it helps the team when he gets opposition players booked and sent off. Just unlucky today that he didnt get their keeper sent off. There is no question at times he plays for fouls, even with Spurs blinkers on I can see that.

I cannot understand how he seems to be the spacegoat all the time. Predictable. Resultantly I am more inclined to defend our best player, and hope Harry starts him on the left with lennon on the right so he can go back to winning us games.

How is he the spacegoat?

My comments are about Bale, in a thread about Bale.

If there was a thread for every one of our players I would slate them, bar Friedel.

Thing is that whilst the other players were brick, Bale was brick and is not playing with the sportsmanship and conduct I would like Spurs players to, so he comes in for a bit of extra stick.

How is he the spacegoat?

If there was a thread for every one of our players I would slate them, bar Friedel.

Thing is that whilst the other players were brick, Bale was brick and is not playing with the sportsmanship and conduct I would like Spurs players to, so he comes in for a bit of extra stick.

Equally culpable for the third goal.

How is he the spacegoat?

thing with Bale yesterday was along several lines. Firstly, he got himself into that position, one on one with their keeper - so hes providing that outlet and overlapping both Ade and Saha, slashing through the middle ( ie, not around the wings ) of a poorly trained and heavy footed defence. For me id prefer it if he didnt go down under a challenge from some light breeze ( also known formally this season as Arsenal's defence ) but the defence made a total hash of it, and panicked. This is whats in the mind of the referee, whos also seen contact AND checked with his assistant. So no, I dont blame Bale for going down, and Lord knows they have gone down so often its unreal. Last season (iirc) they came back to win more games from a penalty decision than any other team, something like 11 penalties were given where they went on to win afterwards. Id have to check the exact stat, but its quite telling and it dosnt give them any moral ground to stand on slagging off Bale. As others are saying, hes now got that label and we all have to live with it.

What I find unforgivebale (!) is his total lack of protection for a clearly injured/unfit Ekotto, left to the mercy of the Runner. He was trying his tricks, trying to get a yard on the right hand side, or through the middle when they were in the ascendancy and as part of the midfield you cannot afford to do this. C.Ronaldo was very similar but for years he didnt have that free role that Bale enjoys, he hugged the touchline much as Nani is doing often because it does have advantages. Ok, tactical errors are also a factor, but he goes off the page way too often. He should have torn Sanga and that Jenkinson a new arse hole, or at least pulled them away from our half.

There should be no debate, the guy weighs 13 stone and should not have fallen over from that. That contact would not have knocked my old nan down! The fact is, Bale has turned into a diver and he is not alone VDV, Benny and Walker are guilty too. If it was Van Persie the same people defending Bale would be screaming blue murder.

Gary.

i don't expect many to agree with me, but, diving is inherent in football now, and i don't think you can be successful without it as referees just won't give the decision if you don't go down, there was contact yesterday, it was a penalty, but had bale stayed on his feet the ref would have given a goal kick, so i'm not gonna castigate him for it

that thing was a penalty. end of story. scezney or whatever his name is actually touched bales trailing foot and gibbs grazed across bale's right leg

i don't expect many to agree with me, but, diving is inherent in football now, and i don't think you can be successful without it as referees just won't give the decision if you don't go down, there was contact yesterday, it was a penalty, but had bale stayed on his feet the ref would have given a goal kick, so i'm not gonna castigate him for it

I don't have a problem with this view, but those who subscribe to it cannot EVER complain when a Drogba or Van Persie take a dive against us!

Gary.

Football is not a non-contact sport. There can be contact between players without a foul being committed. Conversely a foul can be committed without there being contact. In real time I thought Bale had been tripped but with the benefit of replays I don't think he was - so with hindsight IMO it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Football is not a non-contact sport. There can be contact between players without a foul being committed. Conversely a foul can be committed without there being contact. In real time I thought Bale had been tripped but with the benefit of replays I don't think he was - so with hindsight IMO it shouldn't have been a penalty.

thats amazing..its the replay that convinced me it was a penalty.

do you know how to make your sky tv go in slow motion? do that but when the slow motion replay comes in.....at least two contacts were made on him...and you know what...bale plays for tottenham and owes no manner of sportsmanship to a club that helped coin the phrase of the phantom tackle, especially when he is well within his rights to go to ground after contact....how the hell did a sandwich of gibbs and scezeneyy (or whatever his name is) with them NOT touching the ball become a debatable topic...contact in the box againt arsenal? DROP!!!!

Schezney didn't touch him IMO. Gibbs might have but again I do not think it was a penalty and I definately don't think Gibbs contact made him drop to the floor.

Back