• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

This thread is a fudging embarrassment. Bale dived. End of. How can there be any debate about this? Why do you think there are no neutrals who are even debating the issue? In real time, it looked like a foul, because it seems Bale has perfected the art of diving. With replays, you can clearly see it wasn't.

THIS IS CHEATING.

I don't know what's a bigger embarrassment, the fact that one of our star players keeps doing this, or that there are so many of you who keep defending him for it. It's disgusting. Our first goal yesterday was a lucky deflection but I was jumping around the room with joy. I hardly celebrated the second (didn't actually want to but going up 2-0 against Arsenal was too much to hold in), because that shouldn't have been a goal.

Some of you are saying that it's just part of the game and that everyone does it. That's the complete wrong attitude to take, you should be disgusted with anyone that does it, Spurs player or not, as that's the only way we'll stamp it out. But the worst of you are those who can't (or won't) even see that it was a blatant dive. I always thought Spurs fans were better than that, but I guess not.

This thread is a fudging embarrassment. Bale dived. End of. How can there be any debate about this? Why do you think there are no neutrals who are even debating the issue? In real time, it looked like a foul, because it seems Bale has perfected the art of diving. With replays, you can clearly see it wasn't.

THIS IS CHEATING.

I don't know what's a bigger embarrassment, the fact that one of our star players keeps doing this, or that there are so many of you who keep defending him for it. It's disgusting. Our first goal yesterday was a lucky deflection but I was jumping around the room with joy. I hardly celebrated the second (didn't actually want to but going up 2-0 against Arsenal was too much to hold in), because that shouldn't have been a goal.

Some of you are saying that it's just part of the game and that everyone does it. That's the complete wrong attitude to take, you should be disgusted with anyone that does it, Spurs player or not, as that's the only way we'll stamp it out. But the worst of you are those who can't (or won't) even see that it was a blatant dive. I always thought Spurs fans were better than that, but I guess not.

Gibbs got him, not the keeper, definite pen for me

It looked a clear penalty to me, Gibbs caught his foot, I don't see how anyone can say there was no contact. OK, he might have made the most of the contact but it's still a nailed on penalty.

THIS IS CHEATING.

Mate, we all hate Bale's diving, which he needs to cut out - but when he runs at full speed, gets a kick at his heel, which causes him to lose his balance and fall to the ground, that's a foul.

I know what bale should do,instead of predicting when some tries to clatter him, he should wait for a charlie adams type of tackle like what he had back in May,he gets stretchered off and adams doesn't get booked and pats him on the back of the head and says sorry.

I don't think people realise how fast he's running half the time,why should he take all the dodgy tackles on him and the perpetrators get away scott free.Theirs no difference if you can call it that by a defender who scythes down an attacker and pleads his innocence saying he went for the ball and an attacker who rides a tackle and tries for a penalty,there are people on the pitch who can decide if its a penalty or not they are called referees and linesmen and if it ain't players can get booked for assimalation.

I know what bale should do,instead of predicting when some tries to clatter him, he should wait for a charlie adams type of tackle like what he had back in May,he gets stretchered off and adams doesn't get booked and pats him on the back of the head and says sorry.

I don't think people realise how fast he's running half the time,why should he take all the dodgy tackles on him and the perpetrators get away scott free.Theirs no difference if you can call it that by a defender who scythes down an attacker and pleads his innocence saying he went for the ball and an attacker who rides a tackle and tries for a penalty,there are people on the pitch who can decide if its a penalty or not they are called referees and linesmen and if it ain't players can get booked for assimalation.

they aint Communist! do you mean Simulation?

THIS IS CHEATING.

You're wrong.

Wrong about neutrals. Wrong about it not being a foul. I was unsure up until half time when Norwegian TV showed the images again, clearly showing that Gibbs touched Bale's heel. Everyone in the studio agreed. You're right that there shouldn't be a debate though. It was a foul.

Bale: Left Wing or Free Role?

I'm reading a lot about how Spurs' decision not to play Bale on the left is coinciding with our poor form. We need our width back they say.

Since Bale's terrific performance at Norwich through the middle we have not seen a repeat of that so much since, particularly away from home. I am happy to see Bale wondering and developing his game more, once he can master and build his confidence and realise his talent further, we will see an even better Bale.

But for the sake of the team do we want to see Bale back on the left and Lennon on the right? It's what tore so many teams apart for a large part of that magnificent run we strung together after the City game.

I would like us to play our first choice for as much as possible from now until the end of the season. That for me includes Bale and Lennon beginning left and right (free to swap), VdV behind Adebayor.

COYS. Lets go unbeaten from now until the end of the season.

Lennon on the right = Bale can roam
Lennon not on the right = Bale less roam

Also, Bale won January's player of the month so to say he hasn't done it since Norwich is wrong ...

Some people have short memories. The final 5 months of last season and first month or two os this Bale was pretty ineffective as a straight line winger and I don't think he scored at all in that time either, teams doubled up on him and you could've made a good case for him being dropped. Then he started to roam more, the goals started to flow and he was more involved, 3 or 4 quiet games later and people want him back as a hit it down the line and run type winger again. Even in this quiet spell for him he charged through and won a penalty yesterday, against Liverpool he made a brilliant outside-to-in run which put him through, but fluffed the finish. The one thing that I don't like though is that he seems to think he's free of most(if not all) defensive responsibility, he's not working hard enough off the ball and leaving Benny pretty open at times.

I like Bale and Lennon to start left and right respectively but then to be given freedom to swap. When we are on song, those 2, Modric, VdV, and Adebayor seem to float all over the place and cause havoc. Great to see. fudge I wish we had Arsenal at home next week. ****s.

Left wing. He isn't very good on his right foot so when he does go on the right, left backs will make him shift the ball to his right if they've got any sense. You won't see him whip balls in with his right foot.

Depends on who we are playing.
If we're trying to break a defensive team down and have most of the possession Bale popping up all over the pitch gives them nightmares.
But if we facing a rival and struggling to retain possession we need players out wide were they can receive possession.

Some people might question is Bale prepared to do a disciplined job on the wing when its necessary any more?
I think he is and the problem is the guy is still learning his game. Its hard for him to play one way in one game and then to change his game back for the next.

Back