• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

8227222219_f4abf09c0d_o.gif

I would love to see last seasons league predictions thread and see how many posters claimed we could do better than 4th. Now people talking as if redknapp had a title winning squad and underachieved looool. The fact is redknapp was integral in bale and luka's development and his 'kick the ball around' tactics led them to be considered world class . Rafa also thrived under Lennon, so did Ade, oh look so did lennon, oh look again so did Huddlestone.

i wouldn't say it was title winning last year, but it should have finished closer to city than it did to chelsea

On Redcafe they're currently arguing over who's better between Bale and Valencia.

Their thread on who in our squad would get into their's is rather silly as well. Everyone's blinkered when it come to their own players. Lloris being inferior to both De Gea and Lindegaard? :lol:

ONE OF THE GRAUNIAD'S TEN THINGS TO LOOK FOR THIS WEEKEND:

9. Should Spurs' star man look to leave in January
Fulham are next up in the Gareth Bale roadshow as the Welshman looks to follow his match-winning display against Liverpool on Wednesday by again running the Tottenham side, and the contest, at Craven Cottage. Bale continues to suggest he has a case for the league's best player and as one of the continent's finest. If so, his development may be best served by leaving for the challenge of playing for a side contesting the title – either here or abroad – rather than in one competing for a Champions League berth.

And the noises get louder and louder. The press are not going to let this one go, @RatFaceMadrid is chatting it up.

I would love to see last seasons league predictions thread and see how many posters claimed we could do better than 4th. Now people talking as if redknapp had a title winning squad and underachieved looool. The fact is redknapp was integral in bale and luka's development and his 'kick the ball around' tactics led them to be considered world class . Rafa also thrived under Lennon, so did Ade, oh look so did lennon, oh look again so did Huddlestone.

(big edit here)...I will just ask you this regarding your assertion of Redknapp's "integral importance" to the development of Bale specifically...how do you know? Because it is not so...

As for your comment about last season's prediction thread, yes, I wish you could find it too, because I predicted us to be challengers for the title and made it very clear that in keeping Modric and getting a striker of class in, we could very well do it. Every time someone tries to re-write his legacy, I will counter-comment.

This is a point that needs to be made more! Everyone is comparing AVB and Redknapp as if their squads were the same. Redknapp had two (maybe 3 - VDV) utterly world class midfielders who were never injured for him, and we barely scraped into 4th place. AVB has lost Modric, VDV outright, and Kaboul Parker and Assou-Ekotto (our next 3 most important players) to long term injuries and has kept us in the same area in the league. Just imagine if he had the squad Redknapp had to play with... Given that Redknapp had that squad for the best part of 3 years and hasn't established us as a regular CL team means we should probably look on his tenure as a failure. You have one shot with world class players; you succeed or they leave. Looks like we're gonna lose our last world class player from that time and we'll be back to mid table unless we can find some more unproven gems again.

Careful Ben...there are people here who will call you a heretic and a demon for saying such things. I am not one of them. I am, in fact, considered one myself LOL...

Their thread on who in our squad would get into their's is rather silly as well. Everyone's blinkered when it come to their own players. Lloris being inferior to both De Gea and Lindegaard? :lol:

Just seen that. I know fans will be biased towards their own players so that's why I'm on a couple of neutral football forums so I can guage my thoughts compared to what other fans see. I would guess that Lloris would win in a landslide against de Gea/Lindegaard. Walker/Rafael would be pretty close, Kaboul and Vidic would probably be the top 2 centre backs, Ekotto vs Evra would be 50/50, Valencia would probably edge Lennon, Sandro and Dembele would top the CMs, Bale beats Young and Nani but Rooney and RVP annihilate our forwards.

Just seen that. I know fans will be biased towards their own players so that's why I'm on a couple of neutral football forums so I can guage my thoughts compared to what other fans see. I would guess that Lloris would win in a landslide against de Gea/Lindegaard. Walker/Rafael would be pretty close, Kaboul and Vidic would probably be the top 2 centre backs, Ekotto vs Evra would be 50/50, Valencia would probably edge Lennon, Sandro and Dembele would top the CMs, Bale beats Young and Nani but Rooney and RVP annihilate our forwards.

I've found the United fans among the best when it comes to discussing other teams, but obviously never with Liverpool and quite often with some of our players as well. But this off topic... :-"

ahhhhhh, so are we now saying that daniel levy is a genius getting 10 million for a player who was not fit half the time?
:p

or i said i was wrong and BedfordBen was right?

I'm not like certain mods who ignore posts then delete threads when they're proven wrong. I have no problem admitting that i though VDV was injured more than that and Bedford was spot on.

Last edited:

or i said i was wrong and BedfordBen was right?

I'm not like certain mods who ignore posts then delete threads when they're proven wrong. I have no problem admitting that i though VDV was injured more than that and Bedford was spot on.

You need to be specific. Who are you talking about? You're more than welcome to PM me if you're uncomfortable putting a name to this 'face' but mate, you can't put stuff up like that without naming names.

I actually checked in to clarify this, and all that's been done are thread merges (mostly around Harry Redknapp - related issues, which have all been folded into the current 'What Next...' thread).

NOTHING has been 'deleted' because anyone was 'proven wrong'.

You need to be specific. Who are you talking about? You're more than welcome to PM me if you're uncomfortable putting a name to this 'face' but mate, you can't put stuff up like that without naming names.

I actually checked in to clarify this, and all that's been done are thread merges (mostly around Harry Redknapp - related issues, which have all been folded into the current 'What Next...' thread).

NOTHING has been 'deleted' because anyone was 'proven wrong'.

you're wrong. I'll PM you.

I'm waiting...big words and big accusations require big support.
You DO know that you have publicly questioned the integrity of the GG mod-team, right?

Stop being a drama queen :ross:....send me to GG prison.

How about we conduct this via pm like you suggested rather then doing it publicly....but if you want to do it here i can copy and paste my pm on here? it's up to you really.

Back