• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Just to say, for all the passion and occasional hostility (doubtless from me!!!!) i still love you all because we are all Spurs!

Embarrassing Thread! Bale didn't have a stellar game by his standards, but he was one of the few players at pool to look like he was determined to win. He's also very confident in his ability at the moment. Ade, Modric, Kranjcar, Livermore didn't have that. They were all happy to sit back more. Bale was on it. So what if he fell and won a free kick. The cu1t came over to him and was in his face. Bale takes his fair share of hits.

His RIGHT foot. Look again. I implore you. When you looks face-on at Bale running towards you, remember, that left foot is actually his RIGHT...again, look carefully...or agree to disagree. again, if you insist the you're right and the rest of us all are all goners in disguise, I'm happy to childishly go on forever!!! ;-) ;-)
Hid left foot (right from that angle but HIS left) takes a step. I'm not sure how that is even been argued.

LOL...I suppose the fact that Scott Parker has been on a losing Tottenham Hotspur side ONCE this season (that's from Sept 1 to Feb 8th), is lauded by Friedel et al as a leader, and has contributed to our best Premiership season in, what, 15 years, means less than his lack of vision? You take the good with the bad, and I'll take what parker brings not what he doesn't. Ferguson told me that once when i criticized Paul Ince, you take players for what they give you not what they don't.

Ledley King is more important to our unwinnable run rather than Scott Parker. He is not the reason we are winning games; we are a team. Lets bring in the great hold up play of Adebayor or the playmaking of Rafa, the imperiousness of King, or the world class play of bale. Its not just Parker. Our problem this season has been conceding possession to the bigger teams in the league and therefore limiting our impact to create chances against them. We could have lost that game against Liverpool, no matter how many times Dawson/King/Parker saved us we just didn't create enough to win it we just didn't create any chances and did not look like winning it at all We only looked like winning it for 3 seconds when bale was one on one. This was due to us not retaining possession in the opposition half and entirely dependant on our Central Midfield playing the ball well and keeping it calmly and our forwards hold up play. Both where at fault against liverpool.

Ledley King is more important to our unwinnable run rather than Scott Parker. He is not the reason we are winning games; we are a team. Lets bring in the great hold up play of Adebayor or the playmaking of Rafa, the imperiousness of King, or the world class play of bale. Its not just Parker. Our problem this season has been conceding possession to the bigger teams in the league and therefore limiting our impact to create chances against them. We could have lost that game against Liverpool, no matter how many times Dawson/King/Parker saved us we just didn't create enough to win it we just didn't create any chances and did not look like winning it at all We only looked like winning it for 3 seconds when bale was one on one. This was due to us not retaining possession in the opposition half and entirely dependant on our Central Midfield playing the ball well and keeping it calmly and our forwards hold up play. Both where at fault against liverpool.

Punk, did you see our bench? We had NOTHING! Nobody to come on and change the game, that affected the result. Redknapp not being there also affected the result. Adebayor had one of the worst games he's had for Spurs, the ball kept bouncing off him like a pinball machine. Bale was below par as well. I like the fact that he drifts inside, but he barely spent any time on the left side in the second half. Modric and Parker were both brilliant. It's not their fault that Adebayor made an effort to see if he could break the record for most times giving the ball away in a game. For me the two reasons that we didn't win were the amount of injuries that we had and Adebayor offering nothing.

African i thought you of all people would understand the subtleties in football. Parker does well defensively; when he is needed against teams like city/utd etc. However he doesn't release the ball quickly enough to players like modric/vdv and sometimes runs with the ball into a dead end rather than giving the easy pass to a more creative team mate. Its not that I want him dribbling up field and threading through balls; I want him to give the ball quickly and efficiently to players who can and he doesn't do that. His lack of vision greatly impacts on our ability to transition defence into attack; that is why we are not cleaning out teams nor winning by convincing margins like we used too.

hmmm, i have to be honest, i havent noticed him not giving the ball up quickly enough and i havent noticed him running into blind alleys alot. i always thought he did a decent job in controlling the situation under pressure and playing balls to offensive players. i could be wrong

i'll keep a look out next game, a reminder wouldnt go amiss too mate

LOL...I suppose the fact that Scott Parker has been on a losing Tottenham Hotspur side ONCE this season (that's from Sept 1 to Feb 8th), is lauded by Friedel et al as a leader, and has contributed to our best Premiership season in, what, 15 years, means less than his lack of vision? You take the good with the bad, and I'll take what parker brings not what he doesn't. Ferguson told me that once when i criticized Paul Ince, you take players for what they give you not what they don't.

did parker play against city?

hmmm, i have to be honest, i havent noticed him not giving the ball up quickly enough and i havent noticed him running into blind alleys alot. i always thought he did a decent job in controlling the situation under pressure and playing balls to offensive players. i could be wrong

Maybe I have been spoilt having Carrick and Hudd as holding midfielders. Then again we did have Palacios; and I think what he did is not too different from what Parker does; minus the leadership.

punk_is_back - when Parker "sometimes runs with the ball into a dead end", it is rare - hence you highlighting it. The same applies to spinning in circles and then giving it away. He can dally on the ball but this is because he almost always has the intent to find the correct ball, instead of being rash. Far more often than not, his target is what you are demanding - to feed the creatives - and he manages it. Parker simply goes out of his way to avoid making mistakes. This is a mature, dependable trait which our other options in midfield are not capable of so consistently.

punk_is_back - when Parker "sometimes runs with the ball into a dead end", it is rare - hence you highlighting it. The same applies to spinning in circles and then giving it away. He can dally on the ball but this is because he almost always has the intent to find the correct ball, instead of being rash. Far more often than not, his target is what you are demanding - to feed the creatives - and he manages it. Parker simply goes out of his way to avoid making mistakes. This is a mature, dependable trait which our other options in midfield are not capable of so consistently.

He doesn't do it quick enough; most of his passes are one-twos with his centrebacks. I'd rather someone who can spot the pass early, as I said maybe I have been spoilt having Carrick and Hudd as DMs.

Carrick and Huddlestone really aren't the great players that you make them out to be. Good players yes, but you definitely overrate them.

He doesn't do it quick enough; most of his passes are one-twos with his centrebacks. I'd rather someone who can spot the pass early, as I said maybe I have been spoilt having Carrick and Hudd as DMs.
Parker spots the pass nearly all the time but if he can't make the ball, he is better off finding someone who can. Hudd can feed our wingers quicker but he can also make the wrong decision or overplay the ball - in short, giving the ball away more from taking higher risks. He also had his best period at the club after adding the simple (dull to you) aspects to his game which Parker is so consistently superior to him at.

Hid left foot (right from that angle but HIS left) takes a step. I'm not sure how that is even been argued.

You're seeing what you're seeing. He actually moves his entire body slightly to his right/has to step slightly 'outside' with his right foot because he feels he is about to get twitted AGAIN. I can repost the clip or you can look again. His left foot steps forward but his right foot steps slightly outside to try and, minimize the impact he feels is coming. So again, I am looking at what is his left foot as WE LOOK AT THE CLIP, but what is actually his RIGHT foot. If you don't see it/agree, then fair enough. But I am very comfortable with what I see. Apparently mate, you're up for dragging this on...let's see how far we go! Because I won't stop either! :D I fiercely believe in what I saw, and have actually asked some people who would know to get confirmation that this was, indeed, the case...

I have commented on both BUT I'l take what he gives not what he doesn't always get right...

4DDSj.gif

Back