• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

I really don't see why there's no retrospective action that can be taken against cheats. Balotelli got a four game retrospective ban for stamping on Parker, why shouldn't divers get something similar?

Bale should be one of my all time favourite players. He's extremely talented, determined, comes across as humble and hard working in interviews, and appears to have a genuine affinity for the fans and the club (I know he could still leave as soon as a bigger club comes calling like any other mercenary footballer). But the thing that drags him down is this cheating. I used to have a mini-heart attack every time I saw an opposition player challenge Bale and him writhing around in agony on the floor, but he does it literally in every single game now and I know he's faking it, or at least making it seem worse than it actually is. But dives like today are fudging disgraceful. Embarassing. He is one of the very worst in the Premier League for doing it and it's horrible. It'll never happen, as Bale is the club's golden boy, but if I were AVB I would fine Bale a week's wages for it and make him publicly apologise for it.

iI04qBVyEBQp2.gif

BaleDive.gif

[video=youtube;DzCU2tSgM2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzCU2tSgM2U[/video]

[video=youtube;LVGvnalE9Pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVGvnalE9Pk[/video]

[video=youtube;VxohXc99Hvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxohXc99Hvc[/video]

It's not a one off. It's not "avoiding injury". It's cheating, plain and simple, and I can't stand Tottenham players doing it. The only saving grace is that none of the above dives directly won us any games. I hardly celebrated Adebayor's penalty against Arsenal because I didn't want to win the game like that. I remember when we beat Portsmouth a few years ago after Zokora's blatant dive and I just couldn't enjoy the victory. As long as players think there's no consequences for diving then they'll keep doing it, well it's time clubs, the FA and FIFA actually started making a real effort to crack down on it.

Yet another reason why I'm fast falling out of love with football

Richie mate I'm there. Don't know about you but I've supported THFC since 1992. I prefer watching ESPN classics when they show games from 1994!! Yeah we were crap but football was a better place.

I've definitely lost that sparkle with football no doubt.

I'm watching some NFL and it just makes footballs seem even more pathetic about 'avoiding injury' dives.

Brett Favre started 321 consecutive NFL games over 19 seasons. In the 2009 playoffs, the Saints put a bounty on him, offering $10,000 to the player who injured him and knocked him out of the game. If anyone saw that game and saw the beating he took from constant late/illegal hits, it was incredible how he kept getting back up and playing on. It's an extreme example, but when you play a mans game you need to act like a man and get on with it and leave it to the referees to protect you.

i love NFL, but its a completely different sport, there are no parallels between the contact aspect of the game

and as for what kind of a man Favre is, just ask his wife about his cellphone habits

Should get a 10 game ban.

As should all divers.

So Suarez called Evra a Negro. Banned for 8 games.
And Terry calls Ferdinand and even worse word. Banned for 4 games.

Therefore, the punishment for a dive should be 10 games? No, no.

Im completely against diving as per my previous posts. A one game ban should suffice and be a good detterent.

So Suarez called Evra a Negro. Banned for 8 games.
And Terry calls Ferdinand and even worse word. Banned for 4 games.

Therefore, the punishment for a dive should be 10 games? No, no.

Im completely against diving as per my previous posts. A one game ban should suffice and be a good detterent.

Suarez should have had a 20 game ban imo, 15 for Terry.

I remember Zokora doing it and taking pelters from the fans

That was the one.

Rory, some things mean more than winning. Its cheating and there is no place for it. Its even worse when you lie/cheat something that, in the grand scheme of things, is a game and means relatively little.

MOTD just discussed it in detail... It didn't slip under the radar :(

Now our most valuable player's a known cheating brick, everyone hates him, and now the whole team probably look like cheats.

fudge.

all adds to the siege mentality

AVB is such a handsome clever bastard that I have half a mind he's instructed Bale to do this

Bale didnt appeal and wasn't he looking for a foul. I think some on here would rather he broke both his legs than move out of the way from dangerous tackles.

The comparisons with Suarez are absurd. Pathetic actually.

Why pathetic? Both have built up reputations as being players who dive frequently.
I don't think anyone is comparing their ability to speak Welsh or racially abusive comments, or anything else irrelevant. But as far as diving goes, these two plus Ashley Young are the most high profile culprits in the Premiership at the moment.

On some occasions, yes I can see it could be an action to avoid a clattering. But no way on earth was that the case today. He's a lucky boy actually, not that he didn't get a yellow but that Guzan didn't get a red. The press would go nuts over that I reckon.

Last edited:

As they say, all the great players dive ! Is there any player who don't dive or atleast try to get unfair advantage for their team nowdays ? Cristiano Ronaldo do it all the time, while Messi have done it a few times. The only difference is some players are really good at it, while others are shyte at it. Bale belongs to the second category. Bale should stop doing that as he is really not good at it.:lol:

all adds to the siege mentality

AVB is such a handsome clever bastard that I have half a mind he's instructed Bale to do this

I don't think that Bale needed anyone to tell him to be brick at diving

As they say, all the great players dive ! Is there any player who don't dive or atleast try to get unfair advantage for their team nowdays ? Cristiano Ronaldo do it all the time, while Messi have done it a few times. The only difference is some players are really good at it, while others are shyte at it. Bale belongs to the second category. Bale should stop doing that as he is really not good at it.:lol:

None of that makes it excusable. The best players would be better players if they didn't dive, end of.

MOTD just discussed it in detail... It didn't slip under the radar :(

Now our most valuable player's a known cheating brick, everyone hates him, and now the whole team probably look like cheats.

fudge.

He's been infamous for it for years mate. It's only Spurs fans who defend him.

Bale didnt appeal and wasn't he looking for a foul. I think some on here would rather he broke both his legs than move out of the way from dangerous tackles.

The comparisons with Suarez are absurd. Pathetic actually.

Who has ever said they wanted him to break a leg? So it's either you want him to not dive, or you want one of his body parts broken? Come on mate. Isn't it odd that nobody besides Spurs fans defend him for his diving?

Yeah but if he stops doing it then it's fine.

What makes you think he'll stop? Publicly, managers may say they'll have a quiet word with a player about diving, but I would bet privately they wouldn't tell them to stop as pretty much every team has at least one player that dives, so you're at a disadvantage if your players don't dive. Sad times!

Back