• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Hopefully by the time you get ready to respond you'll have read a deeper explanation of what my opinion is. It's not, IMO, groundless. FYI, I just typed Harry Redknapp's name in full praise and with a smile too!!!!! See above.:lol:

(General point to this thread here - ) Not interested in kick-starting a whole new exchange so I'll take what's coming from those who I have offended and deeply apologize for trying to make a tactical observation (however flawed some think it is).

It absolutely disgusts me that someone should feel the need to apologise for talking tactics on a football forum.

Ever wonder why posters are dropping of with alarming regularity? Look no further than this. An environment has been fostered where people cant actually talk about football in any depth (because tactics are impossible to avoid when you do) and all that remains then is petty point scoring or frankly bland comment.

Its absurd and hugely disappointing that a forum that was so vibrant and diverse, with so many smart and insightful posters has been reduced to this.

Tactics belong in threads like these. Not in the damn transfer thread.

It's hard being a fan from 'murica, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to see bale play in ny. Truly great talent, and that reminds me about his headed goals in preseason. Can not believe both goals he scored in the league were right footed.

David Gill, is that you?

They have the money to buy Bale but they clearly are not the dominant force in the market they once were. Remember how they spent £28m on Ferdinand, £25m on Veron, £28m on Rooney all years ago yet this year their big summer signing was £24m (and collosal wages I admit).
Looking at them they need a centre back, a left back, a right back, a strong defensive midfielder and a back up for Scholes.
RVP does nothing but paper over the cracks.

They have the money to buy Bale but they clearly are not the dominant force in the market they once were. Remember how they spent £28m on Ferdinand, £25m on Veron, £28m on Rooney all years ago yet this year their big summer signing was £24m (and collosal wages I admit).
Looking at them they need a centre back, a left back, a right back, a strong defensive midfielder and a back up for Scholes.
RVP does nothing but paper over the cracks.

A lot of Fergie's play money is being sucked up servicing the Glazer debt but this will end sometime. Utd are a money making factory but it remains to be seen when the debt is paid off whether more funds will be made available to buy players or if the Glazers will suck even more money out of the club. My bet would be the later.

he will if we don't get champions league in 1-2 years time.

good thing he is a level headed boy. it seems to be a requirement of the club. who is our flashiest bling-bling player? ade?BAE?lennon?

Bale's Dive Today

Didn't see the game and haven't seen the highlights yet, but have had sight of a GIF of the dive:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...eth-bale-tottenham-vs-luis-suarez-liverpool/?

He really needs to cut that brick out. Its embarrassing, paints the club in a negative light and sets him up to have his 'cards marked' by refs in the future. There are no excuses for diving. It has always wound me up see the players of other clubs indulge in 'simulation' and so I certainly don't want to see one our own doing it. The boy's a great talent who I love having play for my club but needs to stop this now.

Re: Bale's Dive Today

Didn't see the game and haven't seen the highlights yet, but have had sight of a GIF of the dive:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...eth-bale-tottenham-vs-luis-suarez-liverpool/?

He really needs to cut that brick out. Its embarrassing, paints the club in a negative light and sets him up to have his 'cards marked' by refs in the future. There are no excuses for diving. It has always wound me up see the players of other clubs indulge in 'simulation' and so I certainly don't want to see one our own doing it. The boy's a great talent who I love having play for my club but needs to stop this now.

That's terrible. Should have been booked, I said it at the time. Poor refereeing, either you call a foul and book/dismiss the keeper or call a dive and book the attacker. Even then, if Bale had conned the ref that's a massive footballing crime against Villa.

I know he's our own but that sort of thing should carry a retrospective one match ban. If it was Suarez against us we would be spitting feathers.

Did bale appeal afterwards? I know this is going to sound like apologising for bale but it looks like the keeper is going to come out and clobber him and he anticipates the impact and tucks his leg in to avoid the worst of the impact. The measure of whether it was a "dive" to try to con the ref is whether, knowing that the keeper actually pulled out & didn't make impact, bale still appealed for the foul or acknowledged that there wasn't actually a foul - I wasn't at the game and have no idea what the answer to this question is, will happily accept that it is a dive if he did still appeal.

The suarez one is a good example, he knows that there is absolutely no contact and he still throws himself to the floor (when moving at zero speed and with no threat of "impact") and appeals to the ref for the penalty.

Are we allowed to presume he slipped over at the shock of a player storming towards him? 8-[

I dont think he slipped as it in no way looks like but it does look like he was expecting the keeper to come in fast. The way he arched his left side in as if he was expecting a kick.

Still it is a bit bad.

Embarrassing as fudge everyone around me brain dead as fudge started appealing it deep down I'm sure they knew like me it was a blatant dive and an attempt to cheat. I'll slate hazard young Suarez as much as the rest but soon as one of ours do the same ill slate them no excuse what so ever.

Did bale appeal afterwards? I know this is going to sound like apologising for bale but it looks like the keeper is going to come out and clobber him and he anticipates the impact and tucks his leg in to avoid the worst of the impact. The measure of whether it was a "dive" to try to con the ref is whether, knowing that the keeper actually pulled out & didn't make impact, bale still appealed for the foul or acknowledged that there wasn't actually a foul - I wasn't at the game and have no idea what the answer to this question is, will happily accept that it is a dive if he did still appeal.

The suarez one is a good example, he knows that there is absolutely no contact and he still throws himself to the floor (when moving at zero speed and with no threat of "impact") and appeals to the ref for the penalty.

I see your point but let's be honest, it's not the first time he's gone over a little to willingly. After a while the 'I thought he was going to kick me' line starts to lose its force a bit.

All this nonsense about him "pre-empting" the bad tackle is rubbish, he is nearly as bad as Suarez, not least his rolling about. Need to train it out of him IMO, couple refs got sold by him early last season and he got less proper decision s afterwards.

Back