• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

It was a bad dive - if it had been a good one the keeper would have gone.

In his defence I tend to agree other posters that said at least he didn't pretend to be injured do ten somersaults and then gesticulate to the ref.

True and the speed he was doing (Mach 1) meant he slid half a mile, made it look worse but then the point is hes waiting for contact rather than controlling the ball and scoring an open goal. You could argue he's basically sprinting full blast and never had a hope of controlling, wasn't expecting Guzan over a defender, or misjudged the speed of the ball or a combination of all three but honestly for him to argue he stumbled over at speed is stretching it

i couldnt care less about diving and nowhere on this forum will you find me criticizing any player, for Spurs or any opponents

unfortunately its part of the game now and its out of control. The ship has sailed. Lets just get on with it

i kinda agree with that

Bale didnt really call for anything though - didnt claim for anything.

Suarez on the other hand does claim - thats the difference.

I don't think he dived as such. Sometimes you anticipate the tackle and the contact, even if you don't actually get caught - I've done it myself before. One of the indicators as to whether someone is deliberately trying to con the ref is if the player looks to the ref and Bale never did or appealed from what I saw.....

Doesn't look good at all. He should've been booked for it.

That said, while Bale unfortunately does dive a lot, he's nowhere near the calibre of Suarez, Drogba and Reyes. You won't see Bale running after the referee with froth around his mouth, waving an imaginary yellow card after his dive failed. You won't see him peeking through the fingers that covers his face to see if the referee awards a free kick for his "injury". You won't see him rolling onto the pitch because he realises that he's "injured" off the field, which would mean the game wouldn't be stopped.

I don't condone diving at the slightest, but lets keep some perspective here. There's bad (Bale), there's worse (Drogba), and there's worst (Suarez and Reyes).

I see your point but let's be honest, it's not the first time he's gone over a little to willingly. After a while the 'I thought he was going to kick me' line starts to lose its force a bit.

Not if you were earlier badly injured a few times by similar "tackles"...and he's a speed-based footballer, you and I are probably office workers that don't rely so much on a healthy pair of legs.

If I was involved in a bad accident, I would try to mitigate the impact the next time someone trying to ram me.

At least Bale didn't fall over for a second time like someone else.

The reason we hate diving is it's not just cheating, it's also the deceit. When a defender grabs hold of a striker in the box that's also cheating but it doesn't generate the same level of outrage. It's because diving is regarded as dishonorable.

Bale needs to man up if he wants to regain respect. For the life of me I cannot think why no one has sat him down and drummed this into him.

I had a bad accident about 10 years ago. Ever since then, I have never drove above 80mile/hour. I think no amount of coaching will make me change my driving habit again.

The reason we hate diving is it's not just cheating, it's also the deceit. When a defender grabs hold of a striker in the box that's also cheating but it doesn't generate the same level of outrage. It's because diving is regarded as dishonorable.

Bale needs to man up if he wants to regain respect. For the life of me I cannot think why no one has sat him down and drummed this into him.

man up and potentially get his ankles smashed up again....yeah go Gareth, man up

I don't understand why he dived in the first place, could easily have touched the ball around the keeper and score an empty net goal. Looks really stupid, but that suarez dive is just ridiculous.

Bale is a diver but this case wasn't nearly as bad as a Suarez special:

FACT1: In real time it looked to everyone viewing the incident like Guzan was going to smash the ball and/or Bale into Row F.

FACT2: Guzan pulled his left foot back to whack the ball, but didn't follow through with the kick, which was very nice of him. You can't really see this well from the gif posted earlier.

FACT3: Bale reached the ball with his left foot but didn't put his left foot on the floor because if he had planted his foot and Guzan had kicked it, his shin bone would have hit AVB in the quiff. You try running at that speed without your feet on the floor - it doesn't work.

FACT4: Bale did not writhe in agony, nor did he leap up and demand a card.

FACT5: Bale could have got up quicker and laughed and made sure the ref was not going to book Guzan.

FACT6: Bale has dived in previous games to try to win penalties and freekicks.

If you are fouled then go down, if not stay on your feet. No grey area for me at all.

Suarez is not getting legitimate fouls now because of his incessant diving. Cry wolf and all that.

Bale reputation is fast becoming the same which would be a crying shame for the boy. Bale doesn't want to be lumped in with that cheating **** He is a sensible boy and should cop on to the fact that he will be fouled because of the player he is. Man up and get on with it.

I had a bad accident about 10 years ago. Ever since then, I have never drove above 80mile/hour. I think no amount of coaching will make me change my driving habit again.

The self-preservation line is certainly mitigating logic, but doesn't address the element of deceit. So the critical question is, to what extent is Bale attempting to deceive the ref? I'm sorry, but studying all those replays from different angles it's not looking good.

The self-preservation line is certainly mitigating logic, but doesn't address the element of deceit. So the critical question is, to what extent is Bale attempting to deceive the ref? I'm sorry, but studying all those replays from different angles it's not looking good.

Yeah he's trying to deceive the ref so much, he doesn't even appeal for a foul to the ref....

i think it is quite clear that Bale was trying to not bet battered - a natural reflex action when someone is coming full steam ahead at you.

but HE DID appeal for a free kick afterwards - he knows whether he got caught or not, and quite clearly he didn't.

ergo, he attempted to get a free kick having fallen to the floor after no touch from an opposition player - that's cheating, and not acceptable

Self-preservation's one thing, deceit quite another. Lennon is also targeted because of his speed and trickery but does he go down like Bale?

how many serious ankle/knee injuries has Lennon suffered? Bale is scared of it happening again, this fear probably demonstrates a mental weakness. I dont blame him feeling like this

plus the only thing lennon and Bale have in common is speed. Bale is bigger, heavier, hasnt got nimble feet like Lennon which allow Lennon to skip over or avoid incoming challenges. Bale is much more likely to be caught around his ankles/knees

Yeah he's trying to deceive the ref so much, he doesn't even appeal for a foul to the ref....

I think that's the crux of it, he doesn't even appeal, he's taking evasive action because he thinks he's going to get whacked, but the tackle never comes - nothing to see here. You see it 4 or 5 times every game, players jumping over tackles, that's all Bale was doing here, the only difference is the tackle never came in this instance.

Now if he'd appealed then that's a completely different story all together - see Suarez.

I am amazed that there are some supporters trying to defend Bale, if a opposing player had gone down like that we would be screaming for him to be booked. Spurs tinted glasses for some.

Back