• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

I may be in the minority but i still do not see anything to show we should keep him here for another year. The money we pay him could be better spent on a player who will play more and give us more.
I somewhat agree and I even had him as MotM today, but yes he's been ok at times but for the money required I can't say that it feels value for money. I think we can spread his wages out across the side an improve in more areas.

I somewhat agree and I even had him as MotM today, but yes he's been ok at times but for the money required I can't say that it feels value for money. I think we can spread his wages out across the side an improve in more areas.

Don’t you then need to sign another RW though (subject to the new manager’s formation)? That’ll cost more than Bale’s wages...in term of cash cost in the next 12 months, Bale might actually be cheaper than signing another RW if he has no loan fee and we might need to go for the cheaper options this summer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don’t you then need to sign another RW though (subject to the new manager’s formation)? That’ll cost more than Bale’s wages...in term of cash cost in the next 12 months, Bale might actually be cheaper than signing another RW if he has no loan fee and we might need to go for the cheaper options this summer

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
This is true but another RW might perform in more than just half the games albeit unlikely to the same high level but if we pick well you never know. The alternative RW will likely be much younger, might be less prone to injury and importantly would have resale value.

It wouldn't anger me if we did resign Bale but he's probably a stop gap at best given his age and his total wage demands we aren't likely to sign him permanently.

I'm sort of more inclined to go for the next Bale rather trying to get a tune out of this one. The talent is certainly there but the workrate and importantly desire doesn't really seem to be.

If he wasn’t on ridiculous wages it’s less of an issue, as you say that money could be spread out else where.

I only caught bits of the game yesterday and he looked ok, but it’s another home game against a team that hardly attacked.

Last week was more telling

This is true but another RW might perform in more than just half the games albeit unlikely to the same high level but if we pick well you never know. The alternative RW will likely be much younger, might be less prone to injury and importantly would have resale value.

It wouldn't anger me if we did resign Bale but he's probably a stop gap at best given his age and his total wage demands we aren't likely to sign him permanently.

I'm sort of more inclined to go for the next Bale rather trying to get a tune out of this one. The talent is certainly there but the workrate and importantly desire doesn't really seem to be.

All good points, but I question whether we have the cash for a younger signing

The answer should be -> both

- Bale for another year, yes his wages are high but it's just that, wages (no transfer fee) and Levy could probably squeeze Madrid to pay his summer wages or something else.
- Get the replacement in with time to settle

We have always had issues with teams that sit back, if Bale can help us kill those games off, get 3 points every time, he's worth it.

The answer should be -> both

- Bale for another year, yes his wages are high but it's just that, wages (no transfer fee) and Levy could probably squeeze Madrid to pay his summer wages or something else.
- Get the replacement in with time to settle

We have always had issues with teams that sit back, if Bale can help us kill those games off, get 3 points every time, he's worth it.

Sensible but would probably depend on shifting both of Moura and Lamela. I'd be very happy if we could as I dont rate either however given our track record of selling players, it feels unlikely

Levy wouldnt countenance having Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela and a new RW - 6 players for 2 spots

Sensible but would probably depend on shifting both of Moura and Lamela. I'd be very happy if we could as I dont rate either however given our track record of selling players, it feels unlikely

Levy wouldnt countenance having Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela and a new RW - 6 players for 2 spots

I think at least one (probably two) of Bale/Dele/Lucas/Lamela/Bergwijn go this summer, maybe it's one we want to go, maybe it's one who wants to leave (could see Bergwijn bailing) or maybe's it's just one we get a money offer for (e.g. Dele)

I think at least one (probably two) of Bale/Dele/Lucas/Lamela/Bergwijn go this summer, maybe it's one we want to go, maybe it's one who wants to leave (could see Bergwijn bailing) or maybe's it's just one we get a money offer for (e.g. Dele)

If you start to throw no 10s (Dele) into the mix then numbers are larger. Its obviously not black and white re positions, and depends on who formation the new manager plays and how he sees someone like Ndomeble (no 10 or CM?) but I think we need two of those names, most likely Lamela and hopefully Moura.

If you start to throw no 10s (Dele) into the mix then numbers are larger. Its obviously not black and white re positions, and depends on who formation the new manager plays and how he sees someone like Ndomeble (no 10 or CM?) but I think we need two of those names, most likely Lamela and hopefully Moura.

It's an interesting question

- Big part of it is a honest conversation with Bale, you have had a taste of playing again, are you up for it, are you ok not playing every game and mentoring a long term right wing replacement?
- He could easily add 15+ goals in a season against lower quality opposition (beat the bottom 12 sides twice and you have 72 points)

I'd be worried if we got rid of too many of our AM options (especially if they don't fetch good money), one new player not settling and an injury or two and all of sudden you are in trouble.

If we get Europa (or GHod help us the conference brick), it's a lot of games. None of our AMs are on my "have to get rid of", I reserve that for the defensive line.

This summer is going to have to be a combination of priorities (AM isn't one) and opportunistic (who can be bought/sold)

If this season has been him "motivated" to get himself into and ready for the Wales team for the euros then I think I would pass on him when he doesn't have that "motivation" next season.

It's an interesting question

I'd be worried if we got rid of too many of our AM options (especially if they don't fetch good money), one new player not settling and an injury or two and all of sudden you are in trouble.

If we get Europa (or GHod help us the conference brick), it's a lot of games. None of our AMs are on my "have to get rid of", I reserve that for the defensive line.

We are already in trouble, none of our AMs are really good enough. It's a matter of opinion obviously but none of Lamela, Moura, Dele or Bergwijn are top class creative AMs that teams who want to challenge for the league are going to play. Ndombele is the wild card but for me he's not an AM, so I still think in reality we need to buy an AM or commit to Kane continuing to play that role (I'd rather he didn't tbch).

We are already in trouble, none of our AMs are really good enough. It's a matter of opinion obviously but none of Lamela, Moura, Dele or Bergwijn are top class creative AMs that teams who want to challenge for the league are going to play. Ndombele is the wild card but for me he's not an AM, so I still think in reality we need to buy an AM or commit to Kane continuing to play that role (I'd rather he didn't tbch).
Dele is certainly good enough and Ndombele certainly has the talent. I think attacking midfield is likely to be way down the list of priorities for reinforcements this summer....

2 CBs are the most pressing need
Then 1 CM to partner Hojbjerg
Then a backup keeper who is closer to Lloris in ability level
Then a backup striker who can ensure that Kane can be given a rest
Then another option at right back to replace (hopefully) Doherty but with only a year left on his contract more likely Aurier.
That's 6 signings I think we need to prioritise before we look at attacking midfield.

I think Bale is a bit of "too little too late". He didn't show up for the cup final. But did in splashes against weaker teams. However I doubt that he can regain his fitness fast enough to overcome the effects of ageing. As it is he is no longer pacey and struggles to get crosses in. Probably can still cut it in Italy, but in the EPL one season later it is just going to get tougher for him. If we keep him he should be used as an impact sub. However it requires Dele, Ndomb, Lo celso to step up and that's where I struggle ... have our standards drop so low that we have to count on an over the hill world class player to start?

Dele is certainly good enough and Ndombele certainly has the talent. I think attacking midfield is likely to be way down the list of priorities for reinforcements this summer....

2 CBs are the most pressing need
Then 1 CM to partner Hojbjerg
Then a backup keeper who is closer to Lloris in ability level
Then a backup striker who can ensure that Kane can be given a rest
Then another option at right back to replace (hopefully) Doherty but with only a year left on his contract more likely Aurier.
That's 6 signings I think we need to prioritise before we look at attacking midfield.

I don't rate Dele as a creative AM. He's a finisher of moves rather than a creator and we need playmaker a genuine creator. Ndombele potentially has the talent but I think his attributes suit CM far more than AM.

I don't think either are starting at AM in a team that wins the league tbh.

well none of them are "creative AMs" never were, they are outright AMs who pretty much all have the ability to score goals (and they all can/do)

the issue is you are thinking more EriKsen (who did both, create & score)/Modric. We haven't replaced Eriksen (i.e. a player who controls the game, provides the creativity for the others to cash in on).

The fact that we don't have an Eriksen replacement doesn't for me negate the value of our AMs (separate conversation), do we need 6+? another question

I don't rate Dele as a creative AM. He's a finisher of moves rather than a creator and we need playmaker a genuine creator. Ndombele potentially has the talent but I think his attributes suit CM far more than AM.

I don't think either are starting at AM in a team that wins the league tbh.
We have one, perhaps two, starters for a league winning team (Kane and maybe Lloris). Worrying whether Dele or Ndombele are good enough AM's to win the league, while operating with our comedy options at centre back, not having any capable partner for Hojbjerg, being petrified of Lloris getting injured and having no back up for Kane is a little strange I think?

well none of them are "creative AMs" never were, they are outright AMs who pretty much all have the ability to score goals (and they all can/do)

the issue is you are thinking more EriKsen (who did both, create & score)/Modric. We haven't replaced Eriksen (i.e. a player who controls the game, provides the creativity for the others to cash in on).

The fact that we don't have an Eriksen replacement doesn't for me negate the value of our AMs (separate conversation), do we need 6+? another question
I think it does as their abilities rely on the superior attributes and game of an Eriksen. Dele being a prime example. You need an Eriksen to get the best out of a Dele, given that we don't have an Eriksen the AMs we do have have to do and they don't as evidenced by the last couple of years.

An Eriksen or player of his ilk assuming we don't go down the dual GLC and Ndombele CM roles is vitally important. Otherwise we will always come up against poorer teams that we can't break down and better teams that we can't live with or create against.

Back