• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

His positioning and passing are next level brick ..

10 goals for the season, 3rd player past double figures (Lucas and Vini on 9 as well)

n2nphecubol61.png

Bale up to 65 goals in 141 starts.

Exactly the same record as Dele Alli, except Dele has 22 sub apps on top compared to 16 for Bale
Bonkers, isn't it? Dele Alli was SO DAMN GOOD for a couple of seasons. And it's not like he relied on pace or physicality or some other transient property - he should be the very embodiment of class being permanent. If Mourinho can somehow get him back to his mercurial best, I'll be a very happy man. Somehow I doubt it though, so I'll just have to make do with shiny happy Bale instead.

Bonkers, isn't it? Dele Alli was SO DAMN GOOD for a couple of seasons. And it's not like he relied on pace or physicality or some other transient property - he should be the very embodiment of class being permanent. If Mourinho can somehow get him back to his mercurial best, I'll be a very happy man. Somehow I doubt it though, so I'll just have to make do with shiny happy Bale instead.

Bale's a completely different level mate (nothing to do with Dele)

The 65 in 141 for Bale is completely misleading as for more than the first 100 games he wasn't really a goalscorer for us, just a LB

His last season for us +this one = 36 goals in 66 games

he's shown this season when given more than 10-15 minutes that he effects game in a positive manner - if the relationship between him and the manager isn't beyond repair then he'll do the business once given a run of games im sure

Souness so out of touch it’s embarrassing. All because Bale said ‘I’m not 21 anymore’ he goes off on one making out as if he’s not got the motivation. Bale does his talking on the pitch....
Ok so Sky have minutes to fill and we all know controversy is what they crave, but tonight Souness exposed himself as the emperor with no clothes.

he's shown this season when given more than 10-15 minutes that he effects game in a positive manner - if the relationship between him and the manager isn't beyond repair then he'll do the business once given a run of games im sure
The relationship seems fine now that dele ain’t on the pills

Bale's a completely different level mate (nothing to do with Dele)

The 65 in 141 for Bale is completely misleading as for more than the first 100 games he wasn't really a goalscorer for us, just a LB

His last season for us +this one = 36 goals in 66 games
No arguments from me. I was just noting how good Dele's stats are despite three lean seasons.

Bale was ridiculously good for the two seasons before he went to Madrid. Genuinely one of the top handful of footballers on the planet. Very few players can get anywhere that level.

They showed this own goal during the Match of the Day end credits clanger compilation, Bale really did have some rotten luck even when he was was turning into our star player.

upload_2021-3-8_0-44-4.gif

It was right to take him off. I'd rather 70mins tonight and a full 90 next weekend when he may be needed than a full 90 today and then less minutes against Arsenal
Agree fully. Right now there is one thing and one thing alone that looks like it can stop Bale from having a great final third of the season. That's an injury. Taking steps to prevent that should be high up our list of priorities, as it is.

Didn't really expect him to start three games in a week even if getting subbed every time. So it's not like Mourinho is using him sparingly.

Agree fully. Right now there is one thing and one thing alone that looks like it can stop Bale from having a great final third of the season. That's an injury. Taking steps to prevent that should be high up our list of priorities, as it is.

Didn't really expect him to start three games in a week even if getting subbed every time. So it's not like Mourinho is using him sparingly.

In some ways it's no different that what Jose did with Ndombele, 70 mins for a long time, eventually a full 90 will come.

But make no mistake, if we are to get top 4 and have a shot at winning something this season, we need Bale, even if that means he doesn't play 90 minutes in one game that comes back to cost us.

In some ways it's no different that what Jose did with Ndombele, 70 mins for a long time, eventually a full 90 will come.

But make no mistake, if we are to get top 4 and have a shot at winning something this season, we need Bale, even if that means he doesn't play 90 minutes in one game that comes back to cost us.
Ndombele is a lot younger, doesn't have that injury record, was likely to develop his fitness over time.

Perhaps Bale will go trough a similar development. That would be great. Perhaps there is a ceiling there that's quite a bit lower in terms of fitness and minutes he can play without increasing the risk of injury above what's acceptable.

Ndombele is a lot younger, doesn't have that injury record, was likely to develop his fitness over time.

Perhaps Bale will go trough a similar development. That would be great. Perhaps there is a ceiling there that's quite a bit lower in terms of fitness and minutes he can play without increasing the risk of injury above what's acceptable.

True, thing is as I said previously, we don't need 90 mins from Bale for most games (maybe a cup final), our bench is good enough.

Back