• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

How is his progression AT ALL halted by being at Spurs? He's captain of France and one of the best keepers in the world.

He should be fighting for the cl not fighting tooth and nail every year just to get in it like bale. Give it a couple years and he'll be gone unless we get better

He should be fighting for the cl not fighting tooth and nail every year just to get in it like bale. Give it a couple years and he'll be gone unless we get better

He's missing out participating in a competition he has no chance of winning with us. Why would anyone bother coming to Spurs ey?

I think what has made me so sad about this whole sordid affair, is that scum like Perez and Barnett just win again...it's the power of dirty money and greed...and it sickens me...

I said I wouldn't watch 'the unveiling' but I did...and it made me sad.

He will never be back with us IMO...

...still sad if truth be told...

If he flops he has a higher chance of returning to us, I think. So, logic dictates that if you are really attached to Bale, you'd want him to fail so he can come back.

Still think it's mainly just spite, though. All those heart signs, that AVB hug at West Ham, the running over to the camera after scoring in the NLD...all of those things probably made people think he cared about the club, so it's all the more shocking and angering when he switches allegiances and all we get is 1/4th of Madrid's yearly income and an official website statement probably typed up by his agent.

It's sort of dim to still feel that way about a footballer in this age of player power - you'll almost inevitably get let down at some point - but that's the way a lot of people still feel.

He's blank to me, and I hope other people will now start to train themselves to feel the same, rather than waste time and potential happiness getting angry or upset about his move.

It's life. Thank GHod.

It is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all...take the passion out of it and we can jut give up.

It's life. Thank GHod.

It is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all...take the passion out of it and we can jut give up.

Been burned too many times to apply that principle to football in this current day and age anymore. Especially after my belief that Bale would stay, which stretched over most of the summer up to yesterday. Surely he'd stay. We love him, the Madrid fans won't. He has a baby, he's settled. All his mates are at the club or live in Cardiff. He can leave next year for a reasonable fee, after giving us one more shot.

But, it didn't turn out that way.

Of our current squad, I have an affection for Verts, Lloris, Daws, Kaboul, Walker, BAE, Carroll and most obviously Sandro. Yet I'm also very, very hesitant to extend that affection any more than it already extends, because to do so would be opening myself up to another round of fruitless agonising as the likes of Lloris and Verts bugger off to Barca or Madrid when they gleefully come knocking again, in all probability after angrily skipping training and leaking 'unhappy and upset' stories to make a point.

Therefore, I unreservedly love only Daws and Sandro. Daws because I'm confident he'll stay here no matter what, and Sandro because despite my reservations the guy's too enthusiastic and evidently attached to our club to keep at arm's length.

Other than those two, the only person I have complete faith in, the only person I'm confident will always fight for and protect the interests of this club first and foremost, is Daniel Levy.

If that's taking the passion out of it, then I'm happy to be a sour, emotionless sort of cove when it comes to most of our current squad. I'll save my unreserved adoration for the next Ledley, Freund, Perryman, Hoddle, or, hopefully one sunny day, Bill Nicholson. Everyone else, thank you for your service, carry on up the Khyber and shut the door on your way out.

Last edited:
and so begins the end of everything he does being analysed - Marca

Welsh footballer Gareth Bale, who will be playing for Real Madrid for the next six seasons, has in his garage a super sports car, a high coupé and a powerful Range Rover.

The new Madrid football star has two other great passions - golf and cars. He has a fine fleet of high-end vehicles which can easily cover all his needs. Among these, highly suitable for a British player, stands out a magnificent white Range Rover, which Bale uses when he goes out with his girlfriend and little daughter. This is the most luxurious and best equipped version of the model, and is called Autobiography, with a 5.0 litre V8 engine supercharged to 510 HP.

However, the car in which Gareth Bale moves fastest is an elegant black Mercedes Class C63 AMG Coupé. It has a 6.3 litre 457 horsepower engine and can accelerate from 0 to 100 kph in barely 4.5 seconds, and it is worth over €80,000.

For some years Real Madrid has been closely connected to Audi in a sponsorship deal whereby the players use cars from the German manufacturer's range to get about. This deal with Audi will not be a problem for Gareth Bale, as in his London garage he also has an Audi car - a white R8 Spyder

People, stop complaning about him. He always made sure he was the first in and last out in training which shows that he always gave 100% to us. As well as that, people keep saying he doesn't care about the club, well the way I look at it is he didn't put in a transfer request at any point. He might have had a few mumbles in private about wanting to move on and being frustrated, but if he wanted to he could've made it A LOT more difficult for us by putting in a transfer request, and if he did Real may not have offered us so much.

Face it people, he's gone to the most succesful tem in football history. Maybe they're not as good as they used to be but lets put it this way, say we're a footballer. We play for Everton. We've never supported Everton but have built a great relationship with the fans their and throughly enjoyed our time. All of a sudden a chance to sign for Real Madrid or Barcelona comes along. It's the chance to play alongside either or Messi as well. A chance to win Champions League, world player of the year awards. We really do love Everton, because of our time their, but this chance is the chance to make ALL of those long hard training sessions and dreams as a kid come true. Do we stay at Everton or head into the unknown with a chance to develop ourselves further and win trophys and awards?

No one could turn down an opportunity like that. And besides, I don't think this is the last we've seen of Bale in a Spurs shirt.

Exactly why we shouldn't get too attached to most modern players. And as for Bale really loving Spurs, skipping training, skipping matches and leaking stories to the press via Barnett doesn't exactly scream 'I love this club!'.

No, I'd like to forget about him. Proving harder than expected, but it probably can be done.

He will never be back with us IMO...

Sadly I agree - 300k a week wages ensure that. Even if he flops there's more chance of him going to city, chelski or man u than to us as his agent plain won't let him take the 100k we can offer.

RM are like a player laundering service, they have time and time again bought the best talent, got bored of it after 5 minutes and shipped it out.

It benefited us with vdv but I can't see bales star falling in the same way as it started so much higher - vdv was never a 'galactico' signing - and more importantly he's now on such a huge contract we will find ourselves in the situation the Dutch and lower league German clubs were when vdv was available - they would love him and he'd happily go but no one could afford him aside from us thanks to a cut price deal - It will be more like Ozil.

Father Xmas isn't real, this is a terrible truth all people have to face at some point.

Real Madrid are a bigger club than Spurs, this is another truth that has to be faced, and when they decide they want a Spurs players, they will get that player.

Gareth Bale was not a Spurs fan, Spurs were a vehicle for his talents. A vehicle that he drove well, all the way to Madrid, and we got a very good fare for that journey, and it was an eventful and memorable ride.

Father Xmas isn't real, this is a terrible truth all people have to face at some point.

Real Madrid are a bigger club than Spurs, this is another truth that has to be faced, and when they decide they want a Spurs players, they will get that player.

Gareth Bale was not a Spurs fan, Spurs were a vehicle for his talents. A vehicle that he drove well, all the way to Madrid, and we got a very good fare for that journey, and it was an eventful and memorable ride.

I think we all get carried away wishing and believing that our favorite plays really do love SPURS as much as we do, sadly football with all the money that's now involved is a business its got no soul.

I thought if we could get into the champs league this then brings more money into the club, a big sponsor comes along which then starts the building work for a new stadium, and I foolishly thought bigger stadium, more money for wages maybe just maybe SPURS could keep Bale until he was 28 or 29 then he goes abroad.

Im gutted Bale's left like the rest of us, I really wanted to believe that he would stay, this may sound strange but Im not has down as half as much as I was when Robbie Keane left for Liverpool. That was the day football really died for me, Keane signed 4 or 5 year deal weeks later he wanted out to play for Liverpool, I couldn't get my head round it, I genuinely thought Keane cared for SPURS. The way he celebrated the Cup win I thought he could go on to become a Spurs legend.

That was the transfer that made me grow up, players agents want players to more so they get paid, loyalty is over as long as more money gets pumped into football moves like this will carry on, 4 or 5 years and the record will be broken again, I feel sorry for the fans that will have the same feeling as I did over Keane but now with Bale. It hurts your hero is gone and you cant understand why.

Players come and go and the only people who still loyal is US the fans

Look, I don't give a flying **** if none of the players support Spurs. In fact, it baffles me when players like Bentley and Sheringham claim every club they sign for was the team they supported as a boy, it's patronising and totally transparent. All I want is for them to play well, give 100% and act with dignity when/if they leave.

I was willing to give Bale the benefit of the doubt throughout the entire summer. I never believed he would stay once we missed out on the CL but I didn't want to believe all the stories fed to the media about him "never wanting to play for Spurs again" as it seemes completely out of character. But unfortunately, him missing training really has changed my opinion of him. The deal was going get done with or without that stunt, another sign that made me think Bale was going was the fact that we were spending money like there's no tomorrow. It's not ENIC's recent MO to spend without recouping at least some of it back.

I wished Carrick all the best and even though I don't particularly want United to win trophies, part of me was pleased that Carrick was getting recognition as part of a team that won multiple titles and the CL once.

I also never held it against Robbie Keane. Again, I never bought his line about supporting the club.

Bascially, if a player leaves on good terms, then I'll root for them to an extent.

The only way I could possibly see myself rooting for Bale is if they played scum or Chelsea.

I also never held it against Robbie Keane. Again, I never bought his line about supporting the club.

Didn't Keane go on strike? And act like a complete dingdong, to the extent that Levy called him a toxic influence in his statement?

article-0-059DAF86000005DC-120_964x517.jpg

Wow.

Anyway, don't see the point of closing this thread tbh. Throughout the season, every time Bale does something amazing (or everytime he's **** and isn't warranting a world record fee) and everytime we seem like we could have used a bit of Bale magic to get us out of a hole, someone will write something about Bale. Best that goes in a mega thread rather than produces new threads.

Exactly why we shouldn't get too attached to most modern players. And as for Bale really loving Spurs, skipping training, skipping matches and leaking stories to the press via Barnett doesn't exactly scream 'I love this club!'.

No, I'd like to forget about him. Proving harder than expected, but it probably can be done.

He was just a lad from Wales, he probably grew up supproting Cardiff or Swansea. At no point did he come out and claim he supported us. It's hardly a Campbell situation. Yeah, we shouldn't get attached to modern players as they don't care to the extent which past players do, but he certainly cared about us more than Berbatov or Modric.

He could easily have came out and said he wants to leave, but he didn't. You've already talked about how modern players aren't commited, so just admit in this day and age this IS commtiment!!

Feeling bitter and disappointed about Bale. He could have handled this whole transfer saga more diplomatically. Feeling angry and annoyed with Levy for letting go another of our star players. Don't think any other Spurs chairman have sold so many star players before. I guess we will always be a selling club as long as Levy is the chairman.

Looking at the way Real are parading Bale's family with him, it is clear how they managed to influence Bale. They must have influenced his family first. Afterall, both Bale's parents went and meet Levy earlier. Even if we had qualified for CL last season, don't think it would have made much different for Bale. I think he would have still joined Real as long as they wanted him.

He was just a lad from Wales, he probably grew up supproting Cardiff or Swansea. At no point did he come out and claim he supported us. It's hardly a Campbell situation. Yeah, we shouldn't get attached to modern players as they don't care to the extent which past players do, but he certainly cared about us more than Berbatov or Modric.

He could easily have came out and said he wants to leave, but he didn't. You've already talked about how modern players aren't commited, so just admit in this day and age this IS commtiment!!

I think it is worse than that, I think he supported the lot down the road as a kid.

Can we move on now? Bale kissing the Madrid logo probably signals the end of this chapter in our history, for now at the least. And while I sincerely hope Real go into administration and end up desperately using Marca to engineer a move for Jermaine Beckford because that's all they can afford at that point.....Bale seems to care about playing for them, so we should probably turn away and forget about this whole sordid affair.

As a closing statement....I hope someday we pull something off like that. Unveil a signing in front of 60,000 spectators, with his entire family next to him, and the club's name in big, f**k-off letters on a massive stage and his name on shirts waiting to be sold in the stadium store.

Someday, I hope we have players who genuinely don't want to leave unless forced out, like Madrid seem to have. Players like Daws, if not exactly of the same talent level. Someday I hope to see players sign for us that go on record to tell the world that they joined for trophies and CL football, not just joining an ambitious project that's never allowed to develop or the famously vague 'big club'.

And someday I hope we'll do all this honorably, without resorting to using the tabloids to engineer a move, forcing club legends to shrilly trumpet sweet nothings into players' ears, going behind clubs' backs and negotiating directly with their agents, and monopolizing TV revenues in a dying league to deny every other club the chance to ever compete with us.

Someday.

Ah, well. Let's move on.

I hope we never ever pull off anything like that. It was like football's version of "Wall St" starring Perez as Gordon Gecko. We can only hope he gets pulled down, but I doubt it. With disgusting creeps like Sepp Blatter in charge of FIFA, the rich will continue to behave with the level of impunity already seen...if you hope we can pull something like that off mate, you will be hoping for all the filth and the dirt and the **** and the cash and the wreckage that comes with it...nah...they can have it IMO...

Back