• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

So would you say Chelsea are a bigger club than Madrid in world football then? They have played in finals more recently and won one of them???

Of course they're not. The biggest club is a mix of success on the pitch and a huge fanbase.
Would Neymar have choose Barca over Real if Real where the biggest club in the world? No?
Barcelona are now a bigger club than Madrid, as are Bayern.

I stopped reading this thread about twenty pages back having given up hope of him staying, but now the deal is done and Gareth is gone, I'm I gone too from this thread. I think we could now actually shut this thread down and shift it over to classics, isn't that the norm? No doubt some fellow Spur, unable to get over the departure will set up a new, 'Bale @ Real Madrid watch thread' :eek:

I just want to wish, Bale good health but then not to much glory on the pitch as I don't like, Real Madrid and I will always support their opponents from now after their disrespecting our club these past couple of seasons.

I think its perhaps a season to early for the player but I also think he's a likeable lad so if Bale is well received by his new team mates I don't see why he shouldn't go on to be a success for them. However, I do get the feeling after yet more CR7 **** licking by Gareth today, the season ahead will be a time of slowly bedding in for him rather than one he takes by storm.

Goodbye Gareth and thanks for the memories .

Can we move on now? Bale kissing the Madrid logo probably signals the end of this chapter in our history, for now at the least. And while I sincerely hope Real go into administration and end up desperately using Marca to engineer a move for Jermaine Beckford because that's all they can afford at that point.....Bale seems to care about playing for them, so we should probably turn away and forget about this whole sordid affair.

As a closing statement....I hope someday we pull something off like that. Unveil a signing in front of 60,000 spectators, with his entire family next to him, and the club's name in big, f**k-off letters on a massive stage and his name on shirts waiting to be sold in the stadium store.

Someday, I hope we have players who genuinely don't want to leave unless forced out, like Madrid seem to have. Players like Daws, if not exactly of the same talent level. Someday I hope to see players sign for us that go on record to tell the world that they joined for trophies and CL football, not just joining an ambitious project that's never allowed to develop or the famously vague 'big club'.

And someday I hope we'll do all this honorably, without resorting to using the tabloids to engineer a move, forcing club legends to shrilly trumpet sweet nothings into players' ears, going behind clubs' backs and negotiating directly with their agents, and monopolizing TV revenues in a dying league to deny every other club the chance to ever compete with us.

Someday.

Ah, well. Let's move on.

[video=youtube;CcJrMsqg9cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcJrMsqg9cc[/video]

Cringe worthy watching Madrid force their signings to prance around like performing monkeys (no pun intended !). Say goodbye to being a human being Gareth, you are now a robotic commodity.

He looked totally overwhelmed by it all.

Good luck Bale, I will miss you.

Yep... we were lucky to have him for a few seasons when he was fantastic.. at least he is still playing in white! Good luck with the next stage of your career, and come back one day when we can stuff your new team in the CL Final!

1803:
POOR FORECAST FOR SAINTS

BBC Sport's Ben Smith reports: "Southampton will receive £2m as a result of Bale's world-record move to Real Madrid but that figure could have been 10-times as much, had they not decided to allow Spurs to buy out the player's 15% sell-on clause in 2007. At the time, Southampton were struggling financially and so decided to sell the clause back to Tottenham for £3m.

"As part of the deal Southampton got Spurs youth goalkeeper Tommy Forecast although he never played a senior game. So instead of an £11m windfall, Southampton will have to make do with a £2m Fifa solidarity payment, which comes their way because they developed the player."

Ouch. If true that means we still get more than what Utd got for Ronaldo.

I find it laughable that some people want him to flop.

Why can't you just appreciate him as a footballer. He was one of the best in the world last year and he was OURS!! Spurs fans are so fickle. If he was to end up coming back on loan one year or even re-sign when he's older (highly unlikely but still), you'd all still be chanting his name again, because he was damn good for us and gave his all. I wish him the best of luck at Madrid and I have no doubt he will be a hit.

Why can't you just appreciate him as a footballer. He was one of the best in the world last year and he was OURS!! Spurs fans are so fickle. If he was to end up coming back on loan one year or even re-sign when he's older (highly unlikely but still), you'd all still be chanting his name again, because he was damn good for us and gave his all. I wish him the best of luck at Madrid and I have no doubt he will be a hit.

Most of all I want him to flop because he's at Real Madrid. Anything that makes them weaker is a good thing in my book.

If he flops he has a higher chance of returning to us, I think. So, logic dictates that if you are really attached to Bale, you'd want him to fail so he can come back.

Still think it's mainly just spite, though. All those heart signs, that AVB hug at West Ham, the running over to the camera after scoring in the NLD...all of those things probably made people think he cared about the club, so it's all the more shocking and angering when he switches allegiances and all we get is 1/4th of Madrid's yearly income and an official website statement probably typed up by his agent.

It's sort of dim to still feel that way about a footballer in this age of player power - you'll almost inevitably get let down at some point - but that's the way a lot of people still feel.

He's blank to me, and I hope other people will now start to train themselves to feel the same, rather than waste time and potential happiness getting angry or upset about his move.

People, stop complaning about him. He always made sure he was the first in and last out in training which shows that he always gave 100% to us. As well as that, people keep saying he doesn't care about the club, well the way I look at it is he didn't put in a transfer request at any point. He might have had a few mumbles in private about wanting to move on and being frustrated, but if he wanted to he could've made it A LOT more difficult for us by putting in a transfer request, and if he did Real may not have offered us so much.

Face it people, he's gone to the most succesful tem in football history. Maybe they're not as good as they used to be but lets put it this way, say we're a footballer. We play for Everton. We've never supported Everton but have built a great relationship with the fans their and throughly enjoyed our time. All of a sudden a chance to sign for Real Madrid or Barcelona comes along. It's the chance to play alongside either or Messi as well. A chance to win Champions League, world player of the year awards. We really do love Everton, because of our time their, but this chance is the chance to make ALL of those long hard training sessions and dreams as a kid come true. Do we stay at Everton or head into the unknown with a chance to develop ourselves further and win trophys and awards?

No one could turn down an opportunity like that. And besides, I don't think this is the last we've seen of Bale in a Spurs shirt.

Back