• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Well hopefully we might get some definitive answers from AVB when he does his press conference today.

I'm resigned to him going, but I still expect him to train as we are still paying him. I mean he missed the Monaco game because of buttock injury? Come on :lol:

I just think some of you are blindly defending him, it's just my opinion feel free to shoot me down :p

Well hopefully we might get some definitive answers from AVB when he does his press conference today.

I'm resigned to him going, but I still expect him to train as we are still paying him. I mean he missed the Monaco game because of buttock injury? Come on :lol:

I just think some of you are blindly defending him, it's just my opinion feel free to shoot me down :p

I'm not sure why people want to blame Bale for anything

- RM is a huge club, they will pay more and it's one of those career aspirations
- At no point did Spurs outright say "we are not selling" seemingly we have always made it "we will sell, for stupid ass money"
- The club seems to think not having a player, who is in the middle of huge media coverage and speculation, train/play is the right approach until things are settled

Media/ITK's/whoever have made up story after story to get headlines.

The guy gave us a few great years, so far publicly hasn't been a prick, give him the benefit of the doubt, stay or go.

Anyone know if this press conference will be televised or anyone got a link for it?

I'm not so much defending him, I'm more giving the club credit that they are being smart. AVB did expect him back in training, but things change. I'm sure they can make phone calls between the press conferences.

I will only give Bale grief if it turns out that the deal falls through and then he acts like a c**t when he has to stay with us for the season. Until that time, I don't think he really deserves much stick and I think that the club has handled this whole business as well as they possibly could have.

Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) chief Gordon Taylor has called on Spurs to allow Gareth Bale to leave for the Bernabeu.

The Welshman has been linked with an exit from White Hart Lane and has not shown up for training for the past two days.

“Players have, invariably, just the one career, it’s, usually, a relatively short career, and here a player has such a tempting offer to play for one of the world’s greatest-ever clubs,” Taylor told Zapsportz.com.

“Surely nobody could deny him that right, to play for such a club, with all due respects to his present club.

“The game is all about money. Of course, it always was, but much less of it in the past. Now we are talking about incredible numbers, but for the player it is also an opportunity to play at the pinnacle of the game.”

http://www.london24.com/sport/pfa_chief_blasts_tottenham_over_gareth_bale_treatment_1_2356703

Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) chief Gordon Taylor has called on Spurs to allow Gareth Bale to leave for the Bernabeu.

The Welshman has been linked with an exit from White Hart Lane and has not shown up for training for the past two days.

“Players have, invariably, just the one career, it’s, usually, a relatively short career, and here a player has such a tempting offer to play for one of the world’s greatest-ever clubs,” Taylor told Zapsportz.com.

“Surely nobody could deny him that right, to play for such a club, with all due respects to his present club.

“The game is all about money. Of course, it always was, but much less of it in the past. Now we are talking about incredible numbers, but for the player it is also an opportunity to play at the pinnacle of the game.”

http://www.london24.com/sport/pfa_chief_blasts_tottenham_over_gareth_bale_treatment_1_2356703

Oh ok Gordon, I guess contracts dont mean anything no? Ok we will let him go as you have asked us to do this and mentioned those words "with all due respects to his present club".

Amazing that people can get themselves to say something like that with a straight face. I understand he's only representing his side of things, but still...

The game is all about money, but Spurs shouldn't hold out for the valuation they think is fair for their best player? Righty-o... I'm getting used to the stupidity, but at least some of the stupidity is internally consistent.

Wonder why he never did the same when Rooney and Suarez wanted to leave United and Liverpool respectively.

I have no problem with anything Bale has done so far. If really refused to turn up for training and has being briefiing the press then there would be some criticism, but we don't know what is true or not. It's just as likely that Levy is happy to sell and has had a deal close for months and Bale is doing what he is asked.

However, what the fuk is Gordon Taylor on about? This is nothing to do with him. His job is to resolve disputes when they occur, not to take sides and mouth off.

Besides, what about my right to play for a big club? Why should my lack of football ability deny me the opportunity and leave me working in the real world where contracts mean something.

That is shocking. And from a man in his position. Wow.

Really down on this transfer window now. Lamela plus Willian would have completely softened the blow of Bale leaving but now I'm not sure what we can do to maintain our progress. If Arsenal strengthen too then it could be tough for us.

Avb: "This [transfer] can happen in a different way ... [but] Tottenham will accept most likely the biggest transfer in world football."

He's gone

Here's the news we've all been waiting for, Bale is on the way out:

AVB says that spurs are in the final stages of drafting Bale's contract with Real. "It's a dream move for him."

Confirmed by AVB:

AVB says that spurs are in the final stages of drafting Bale's contract with Real. "It's a dream move for him."

AVB: "This [transfer] can happen in a different way ... [but] Tottenham will accept most likely the biggest transfer in world football."

SSN have just said that the club are considering fining him for not turning up at training :ross: this is getting ridiculous. Just take the money Levy, sell Bale and move on.

Back