• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The club are doing the right thing, we may as well keep him away for the moment. It's not like we can play him and risk injury.

If he's still here when the window closes, then he can come back into the fold and play a part in the season. If not, then we sell him and continue moving on.

The hysteria from some of you is shameful; stop reading every f**king thing in the paper and wetting yourselves over it.

No mate, whats shameful is the way football has developed!! Does he stay, doesn't he?! Who gives a ****? Media, agents, pampered prima donna footballers are whats shameful.

Its like an episode of WWF or WWE or whatever its called now: people prefer the whole soap opera in between matches than the actual game itself. When people say that they have trouble explaining to their kids why a player has left then you know its gone too far. Its 22 people kicking a piece of leather round a field. When ****s like Jim White have made a name for themselves and "transfer deadline day" actually commands its own advertising you know that football has descended into complete farce.

I don't think anyone is "wetting themselves" either, probably just sharing their opinions on a football forum i'd have thought.

The problem isn't the average fan, its this whole revolting industry that's grown up around a pretty basic and simple form of entertainment.

Last edited:

When he doesn't turn up to training TWICE, then I think it's fair to judge. I'm judging his actions, not the speculation.

AVB said he expected him back in training yesterday didnt he? But people are still trying to spin it and say "maybe the club ordered/told him to stay away". If he really is content to stay if he doesn't get his move, then why have we isolated him from the rest of the squad? Surely is he was as laidback about the situation as some on here are painting it, then training with the rest of the team wouldn't be a problem.

If the window closes, he's still with us and he doesn't turn up for training, I say go and blow your top and call him all the names under the sun.

Until that happens, I don't see the point -- mainly because the club doesn't really benefit from him being around the place right now.

People asking who gives a **** whilst simultaneously going on massive rants about the whole situation :D

I just want rid of him now. I'm sick of hearing about him every ****ing second. I live in Munich so normally I don't have to put up with this whole circus that's going on.

Its just ridiculous. **** him off to Madrid. Good riddance. I'd rather talk about football than watch some ponce mincing around London giving high fives in a backwards pink cap.

At the end of the day if we finish first or 11th next season comes and we all settle down to watch the football again. Last season doesn't matter, come next season this season will be forgotten.

I try to ignore all the media **** and just concentrate on watching and attempting to enjoy the 90 minutes on the pitch. That's all that matters.

The sooner Bale ****s off the better. All this nonsense makes me appreciate the Bundesliga even more. The coverage just doesn't reach anything like the levels of insanity that the British hype machine generates. No wonder we breed **** footballers who live in a fantasy land of wags and cars whilst having such a sense of entitlement that they claim to be "furious" at having to earn 80k a week playing for a London football team.

I'm on the verge of actually giving up watching football, I certainly attach less importance to than I used to. But I still enjoy the 90 minutes, thank GHod.

Bale will get found out at Real anyway. He's not in Messi or Ronaldo's class and I think (and hope) that will become pretty evident, hence him getting in his excuses about a messed up pre-season etc.

**** off Bale and take your little hot pants and ****ing stupid hat with you. Then the rest of us won't have to hear your ****ing name anymore.

I agree with your post, but the bit which I've bolded interests me particularly. I'm losing interest in English football to a degree. I love the Bundesliga. But the way the last two seasons have ended for us has really left a bitter taste. Don't get me wrong, being a Spurs fan now is better than it was 10 years ago, but didn't you just feel last season had an air of predicatability regarding us finishing outside the top 4? The NLD is this week, normally the game is all I can think about for about two weeks leading up to the game, this time I've barely even thought it about. It's not even a conscious decision either.

As for Bale, totally agree. I actually want him to go now. We could buy a player like Lamela that actually wants to play for us.

No mate, whats shameful is the way football has developed!! Does he stay, doesn't he?! Who gives a ****? Media, agents, pampered prima donna footballers are whats shameful.

Its like an episode of WWF or WWE or whatever its called now: people prefer the whole soap opera in between matches than the actual game itself. When people say that they have trouble explaining to their kids why a player has left then you know its gone too far. Its 22 people kicking a piece of leather round a field. When ****s like Jim White have made a name for themselves and "transfer deadline day" actually commands its own advertising you know that football has descended into complete farce.

I don't think anyone is "wetting themselves" either, probably just sharing their opinions on a football forum i'd have thought.

The problem isn't the average fan, its this whole revolting industry that's grown up around a pretty basic and simple form of entertainment.

Very true :lol:

I agree, the coverage of transfers etc. is pretty pathetic. Just ignore it mate, from all that ITK bullsh1t to Sky to whatever.

We'll all talk about who we might sign and post our fantasy lineups etc. and I think that's just normal debate. But I think it's pointless to go off on one about the sensationalism of the media when we can just pretty much ignore it.

If the window closes, he's still with us and he doesn't turn up for training, I say go and blow your top and call him all the names under the sun.

Until that happens, I don't see the point -- mainly because the club doesn't really benefit from him being around the place right now.

But why doesn't the club benefit from having him around? Like I said before, if he's so laidback about the situation then surely training shouldn't be a problem for him?

But why doesn't the club benefit from having him around? Like I said before, if he's so laidback about the situation then surely training shouldn't be a problem for him?
I dunno, maybe the massive media circus which is following the story is seen as a potential distraction for the squad

When he doesn't turn up to training TWICE, then I think it's fair to judge. I'm judging his actions, not the speculation.

AVB said he expected him back in training yesterday didnt he? But people are still trying to spin it and say "maybe the club ordered/told him to stay away". If he really is content to stay if he doesn't get his move, then why have we isolated him from the rest of the squad? Surely is he was as laidback about the situation as some on here are painting it, then training with the rest of the team wouldn't be a problem.

The key point is that AVB said he expected Bale in training on Tuesday on Sunday. Things could have changed. Also if the deal is still being negotiated, we need Real to believe we would actually keep him, so comments have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

When a chairman of a club makes a statement it's reported as 'claims', but SSN sources is solid gold.

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins claims the club have received no bids for Ashley Williams or Michu.

I agree, the coverage of transfers etc. is pretty pathetic. Just ignore it mate, from all that ITK bullsh1t to Sky to whatever.

We'll all talk about who we might sign and post our fantasy lineups etc. and I think that's just normal debate. But I think it's pointless to go off on one about the sensationalism of the media when we can just pretty much ignore it.

That's true, we can just ignore it. Its just a little shocking for me as I'm not really used to it. You could say that the Bale transfer nonsense feeds into a wider point about modern football, a much more interesting topic then Gareth Bale himself.

But you are correct and I normally don't wade into any issues and tend to make 99% of my posts in the match day threads, as that's all that I really care about.

I've just been shocked and annoyed at the levels of coverage and **** being peddled by the media.

IMO, the club doesn't benefit from having him around because:

1. his mind is elsewhere
2. the players we have can focus on life after Bale
3. we can't risk picking him for games before the window closes, so there's not much point in him training with the rest of the group. If he stays, he'll need to build up match fitness by playing in reserve/U21 games or whatever (as Sandro and Holtby have done recently).

He;s basically sold, with an outside chance that the deal falls through and we keep him. If he goes (which is likely) then we have lost nothing by him not training. If he stays, then he's still gonna need some time to get match-fit anyway. And he'd be returning to training like a new signing.

The hysteria from some of you is shameful; stop reading every f**king thing in the paper and wetting yourselves over it.

And then saying you don't read the papers!

They did a survey which showed most people who buy murder mystery books turn to the back page to find out who did it before starting the book.

I dunno, maybe the massive media circus which is following the story is seen as a potential distraction for the squad

The media circus will be there anyway mate. Sky are camping outside the training ground as we speak. It hasn't affected us too much so far what with us winning our first 2 league games.

And then saying you don't read the papers!

They did a survey which showed most people who buy murder mystery books turn to the back page to find out who did it before starting the book.

I follow the stories, I'm only human! But I don't get that upset/excited by them, because nobody really knows for sure what's going on, and things are mostly a PR offensive by all sides, slanted by the media depending on their agenda for the week.

In the end, these stories get repetitive and boring and I stop paying attention to them. We're so close to the end of the window now, we'll get an official resolution soon, so I really can't be arsed with all the cr*ppy stories.

Well, as far as I can remember, there have been no official statements saying Bale refused to turn up for training.
All I've read about this, is media reports with anonymous sources. I just don't think it's fair to judge someone on speculation.

If it is indeed true he refused to turn up for training, I totally agree with your sentiments though. But until I know that for sure, I won't pass any judgement.

The media circus will be there anyway mate. Sky are camping outside the training ground as we speak. It hasn't affected us too much so far what with us winning our first 2 league games.

This sounds like an argument supporting that the club is doing the right thing keeping Bale away from the rest of the squad.

I lap up all the transfer gossip and choose to believe the ones that fit in with my mood that day. I thought Bale would stay, then was convinced he would go..now I am not so sure.

Not long to go to the 2nd!!

I lap up all the transfer gossip and choose to believe the ones that fit in with my mood that day. I thought Bale would stay, then was convinced he would go..now I am not so sure.

Not long to go to the 2nd!!

Yeah I was pretty convinced he'd stay for one more season, but now I'm pretty convinced he's gone. The money is mental though, and the players we have been able to bring in helps cushion the blow. Hopefully, we get a couple more.

Back