• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Obviously if we are financially dependant of selling Bale, it's a different matter. But I don't think we are.

This is what it boils down to i guess. I remain confident our spending so far is not reliant on the Bale deal (unless of course if the deal is already in place and this summers events have been one big charade) but that's not to say that we won't decide to sell him if the offer is right for us.

Hoddle on talksport said he had a long chat with Levy on Saturday and basically said that he wasn't going to stand in his way if the fee was met as it's difficult for players to turn down Real but also said the feeling was that if he stays then they would be title challengers. Said it should be done barring anything crazy happening.

Hoddle on talksport said he had a long chat with Levy on Saturday and basically said that he wasn't going to stand in his way if the fee was met as it's difficult for players to turn down Real but also said the feeling was that if he stays then they would be title challengers. Said it should be done barring anything crazy happening.

That's slightly depressing.

IMHO Levy will drag his out until the last day and last hours

He knows we have RM where we want them.
He knows RM are not going to pull out.
BUT, if he leaves it late, he may be able to stop other PL signing some of RM’s players.

I hope the feeling is that if he goes, we replace him well and still become title challengers.

I still think the deal was done in principle weeks ago. If it's not final its just the details and the main thing holding up our deal is our other dealings. On which front, the Guardian is reporting (echoing) that Roma have signed Ljajic, which could set off a chain.

I hope the feeling is that if he goes, we replace him well and still become title challengers.

I think this was the thing that was most annoying about Chelsea hijacking Willian. We were losing Bale, but by adding Willian and Lamela to our other new boys we would be improving substantially. Suddenly it became less certain. I had reservations about Willian at that price so was not that bothered on him per se but he was part of the broader optimistic outlook and Chelsea spoilt that.

Last edited:

I still stand by what Ive said all along in that Bale will not be sold this year..

The past week with the shirts on sale, the stage being set up I think has really really annoyed Levy and I think he will tell them to do one (El do oneo)

Plus the fact that alledgedly Madrid wont pay what weve asked for (If weve even quoted a price)

Well if that's the feeling, we should tell Bale to stay and fulfill the obligations in his contract, and then go for the title. I don't see how anything else would be better for the club. Bale is under contract, which means Spurs decides. We played hardball with Modric and Chelski, now is the time to play hardball with Bale and Real.

Well if that's the feeling, we should tell Bale to stay and fulfill the obligations in his contract, and then go for the title. I don't see how anything else would be better for the club. Bale is under contract, which means Spurs decides. We played hardball with Modric and Chelski, now is the time to play hardball with Bale and Real.

and the difference being that CFC wouldve paid us what we wanted, Madrid havent got the cash

This is how i have seen it all along. Levy agreed with Bale that if the deal was big enough, you can go. I think the deal has been agreed but not signed, and the only reason it has not been signed is the Willian deal falling through.

We are waiting for Lamela for the same reasons Madrid are waiting for Bale. Replacements.

I think with the right additions we could be title challengers........BUT even with the players we have already signed we are a better 'team'

He flew back from Spain yesterday, didn't go to the training ground.

lolz.

He was in Marbs, since returned, and is now leaving for Madrid. Stop reading papers buddy. Popped in at the training ground yesterday to say goodbye to staff. lolz

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Bale thought he would be signing for Real Madrid today and Tottenham have moved the goalposts. Spurs just want replacements first IMO

---

Good on us. Gotta love those goal posts.

Wasn't there quotes from AVB late last week/the weekend saying the squad had Monday off from training??

He was in Marbs, since returned, and is now leaving for Madrid. Stop reading papers buddy. Popped in at the training ground yesterday to say goodbye to staff. lolz

If SSN had cameras at the training ground and reported that Levy left it around 7pm, I really doubt they would miss Bale arriving and then leaving.

Just can't see all reporters, SSN etc missing that one, not with their incredible interest in seeing him go to Madrid.

Back