• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The owners of Spurs are wealthy men and £100 million in not big money to them. With Bale in our team we would have a brilliant chance of winning the Premiership this season. Levy should tell the Madrid *******s to get lost and stick their 6 year installments up their jacksie.

Jings. That's some wedge United would have to fork over. That'd pay for the south end kop and then some.

Levy should ask Scudamore for a cheeky top up to keep Bale in the the Prem.

That's only if we get the Bale of last season. There's little knowing how this will affect his future performances for us, if he does stay.

The owners of Spurs are wealthy men and £100 million in not big money to them. With Bale in our team we would have a brilliant chance of winning the Premiership this season. Levy should tell the Madrid *******s to get lost and stick their 6 year installments up their jacksie.

I'm sorry, what? Wealthy men are wealthy because they know the value of money.

There's not a person in the world to whom £100m is 'not big money'

ytpy.jpg

tumblr_lq55t6IXLl1qfjko2o1_r1_500.gif

United wont spend that on Bale. They're just trying to impress everyone, show they're still the big boys. At the moment, everyone is mocking them for not being able to sign anyone (including two Everton players) and one of their stars is desperate to leave.

Jings. That's some wedge United would have to fork over. That'd pay for the south end kop and then some.

Levy should ask Scudamore for a cheeky top up to keep Bale in the the Prem.

Yep, 10 point turnover to Arsenal Pete or the kids goes next year.....

I'm sorry, what? Wealthy men are wealthy because they know the value of money.

There's not a person in the world to whom £100m is 'not big money'

Maybe not -- but there are people in the world who can afford to 'lose' £100m and still be incredibly rich. Lewis is one of those people. IIRC, when he had his yacht re-fitted, it cost £65m. The money that Spurs costs is chump change to him.

125 million is still not enough for me to be alright with us selling to United. They might as well just buy Messi for the price I would be okay with.

Latest actual Bale news. The Telegraph have been spot on through out this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Madrid-put-on-hold-by-Tottenham-Hotspur.html

Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid put on hold by Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham Hotspur could now delay the sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid until after Sunday’s north London derby against Arsenal.

By Jason Burt and Ben Rumsby

Spurs are adamant that despite agreeing a deal in principle to sell Bale to Real for £90 million (€105million — €5million more than was expected) they will not release the forward until a replacement is signed.

There is little doubt that Bale will be a Real player for a world-record fee by the time that the transfer window closes on Sept 2 but senior sources suggested on Monday night it could go into the final two days of the window. Real had hoped to unveil the player today.

Real have negotiated a straight cash deal with Spurs having also discussed the possibility of selling players to them as part of the negotiations.

The Premier League club, despite reaching an agreement at a summit meeting last Wednesday involving Real president Florentino Pérez, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, technical director Franco Baldini and Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett, will not be railroaded into an announcement.

Spurs ratified the deal over the weekend even though Levy continued to insist there was no financial pressure to sell Bale despite a summer of heavy spending. Instead, Spurs accept there is no point keeping the 24-year-old, who is determined to leave, especially as Real are prepared to bid so high.

The timetable has been slowed by Spurs’ failure to sign Willian, whose move to White Hart Lane was hijacked by Chelsea in a £30 million deal. Spurs would like to sign Juan Mata — who was left out of Chelsea’s starting XI for last night’s league match away to Manchester United — but know that a bid would be rebuffed.

Spurs have agreed a payment schedule with Real, with the Spanish giants having agreed to covering the fee in three bullet payments. If they were to renege on the agreement the fee would rise substantially, although if they were to pay up early they would receive a discount.

Bale is due back in London today having spent the Bank Holiday weekend in Malaga ahead of his move and Spurs have taken a dim view of Real erecting scaffolding at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium, in preparation for an unveiling, and also selling Bale No11 shirts.

Nevertheless the deal is expected finally to go ahead and Tottenham’s claim yesterday that at least one more bid had been received for the Wales *international has been greeted with scepticism.

Manchester United manager David Moyes last night said he had not bid for Bale, but added: “I said at the start, when I got the job, that Manchester United would always be interested in the best players.
"We are always looking to try to improve the team, the owners have given me the opportunity to bring in whoever I want, so we continue to look at those players. It has been tough in this window, but we are always looking at the best players.”

Paris St-Germain did not respond to requests for comment on whether they had bid, while Emirates Marketing Project also have the clout to meet the asking price but insisted they had made no such move. Bale has also set his heart on a move to Real and Levy does not want to sell to another Premier League club.

Spurs are, however, determined to sign a high-profile replacement for Bale before releasing the player, with talks ongoing to secure the Roma winger Erik Lamela in a deal worth up to £30million.

The 21-year-old was expected to fly to London today to finalise a five-year contract, with Tottenham paying an initial £25.8 million plus a potential £4.2million in add-ons.

Lamela was an unused substitute in Roma’s 2-0 victory over Livorno at the weekend, fuelling speculation his move to Spurs was imminent.

Spurs would want another player in addition to the Argentina international and have discussed a move for Brazilian international Hulk, who plays for Zenit St Petersburg.

Bale is expected to agree a six-year deal at Real worth around £8.5 million a season and Spurs have played hardball in securing bank guarantees from Real having earlier been doubtful of the funding of the deal.

Real played away to Granada last night and are at home to Athletic Bilbao on Sunday in what had been hoped would be Bale’s debut appearance. That might now be delayed, depending on who Spurs sign.

Spurs have also reached agreement to acquire central defender Vlad Chiriches from Steaua Bucharest for around £8 million.

Meanwhile, Roberto Soldado, Tottenham Hotspur’s £26million record signing, has predicted that Andre Villas-Boas’s side will be “strong and competitive” this season even without Bale and promised that there was much more to come from the new-look team.

The club have recorded three straight wins while Bale has been pushing for his move, and Soldado has already put himself forward as the new hero of the Spurs fans by scoring four goals, including match-winners against both Crystal Palace and Swansea.

Ahead of Sunday’s game against Arsenal, he said: “The first few games I think are the hardest of the season and we have played well, but we can still improve a lot.
"I think this is quite a strong squad and a competitive team. It’s the most beautiful derby, the one with the biggest rivalry for Tottenham and I can’t wait to play in this environment.”

Jings. Straight oot o' Oor Wullie.

By the way, my favourite words are Mi grande centrocampista.

Preferably spoken by a 20-something brunette with hair down to her waist. In black stilletos.

Last edited:

Screw it, can't turn down £125m even if it is United

Of course we could. If reports are true, that we are spending big regardless of selling Bale, than keeping him would be much more sensible than selling him - even if it is for ridiculous money. Plus; he's got a massive, massive name for himself now. Marketing wise, I'm sure he'd be worth this amount alone should he stay one more season.

Obviously if we are financially dependant of selling Bale, it's a different matter. But I don't think we are.

Of course we could. If reports are true, that we are spending big regardless of selling Bale, than keeping him would be much more sensible than selling him - even if it is for ridiculous money. Plus; he's got a massive, massive name for himself now. Marketing wise, I'm sure he'd be worth this amount alone should he stay one more season.

Obviously if we are financially dependant of selling Bale, it's a different matter. But I don't think we are.

Been saying this since the whole thing began.

Back