• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

According to @dimarzio, Spurs have agreed on a £15m valuation of Coentrão as part of the £93m deal.

Skeptical @spurspanyol is still skeptical, though: If we sign Willian, Lamela & Coentrao and Bale signs for Real I'll declare @dimarzio as the greatest living journalist of all time.

Calls him "the Italian Guillem Balague." Others have suggested he is mates with Ancelotti, though.

We'll see, I suppose...

is Coentrao part of that 93?

We could look back in two years and thank our lucky stars that Bale left, and not be sad that he went on and became a true world class star at RM, but grateful that a true worldly passed through our club that raked in so much money when he left that it changed our fortunes for the long term.

our very own Herschel Walker trade

According to @dimarzio, Spurs have agreed on a £15m valuation of Coentrão as part of the £93m deal.

Skeptical @spurspanyol is still skeptical, though: If we sign Willian, Lamela & Coentrao and Bale signs for Real I'll declare @dimarzio as the greatest living journalist of all time.

Calls him "the Italian Guillem Balague." Others have suggested he is mates with Ancelotti, though.

We'll see, I suppose...

:special: ? ;)

We'll see, I suppose...

"the Italian Balague" is Palmari. Di Marzio's very well connected. He owns Sky Sport's Italia. Palmari's his employee. If Di Marzio says it take it to the bank.

Bale not playing

Convenient injury

Willian coming

Lamela coming

Spending sh*t loads

Benny frozen out (left with 1 LB...supposedly)

RM gone quiet..let us do our business

It's f*cking obvious

You're kidding?

Please tell me you're kidding...

Remember Mata, Silva, Aguero and so on and so on? They all had ****e first seasons didn't they?

Obviously it can work both ways. Off the top of my head Parker and Adebayor (albeit on loan) both hit the ground running and probably had their best seasons for us immediately following their arrival.

But Naughton does have a point because there's an even chance new arrivals will take a while to really get going, Dempsey and Siggy being two recent examples.

Whats the situation Re Bale at the moment?

He is really injured? Didnt play for Wales after all..

Any chance of him facing Swansea or being back for arsenal away?

"the Italian Balague" is Palmari. Di Marzio's very well connected. He owns Sky Sport's Italia. Palmari's his employee. If Di Marzio says it take it to the bank.

Cheers for the info :)

Thought this deserved to not get lost at the end of the previous page as I imagine a lot of people are wondering who this is :)

Obviously it can work both ways. Off the top of my head Parker and Adebayor (albeit on loan) both hit the ground running and probably had their best seasons for us immediately following their arrival.

But Naughton does have a point because there's an even chance new arrivals will take a while to really get going, Dempsey and Siggy being two recent examples.

Obviously. Although I'm not sure where you're getting "an even chance" from?

I disagreed with the statement "they will take a season to bed in and adapt to PL". I'm aware that it can go either way, that's part of my argument.

Whats the situation Re Bale at the moment?

He is really injured? Didnt play for Wales after all..

Any chance of him facing Swansea or being back for arsenal away?

AVB has said that he won't be involved for our first three games, that's assumed to be Palace, Tblisi and Swansea.

Useless stat of the day: In the last 3 seasons Tottenham have won exactly 50% of their Premier League games with Bale starting and 50% without him

From someone who truly believed Bale was NOT going to go to Madrid, either due to Levys obstinance or Madrids inability to meet the valuation, if Willian and Lamela sign, and especially for those fees, one would have to say Bale is gone and the whole thing has been played out to a certain extent.

I truly hope he stays in that team, and there must be an element at Spurs that are nudging and winking both AVB and Bale with all these (potential) new players saying "look, told you we meant what we said".

A large part of me knows that the squad will be in better shape in general, but disagrees with Spurs as a club being stronger. We wont be. That's why Madrid are after Bale and not Lamela, Soldado, Willian, Chadli, Capoue etc. He is on another level altogether.

Until United bought Van Persie, they were not box office football, only the power of the brand was. They were treading water and had no one who excited the imagination of the masses, and they knew it wasnt what they wanted to be, so they acted. Does anyone find themselves tuning in eagerly to every Barca match almost for Messi alone? I know I sometimes find myself disinterested if he's not on the pitch.

That is what Bale is. The unquantifiable. What people across the world will flock to Spurs games on TV just to witness. The last we had like that was Gazza. Maybe Klinsmann for period. It will be a long time before we see a player of quite that stupendous level at the Lane again, I'd imagine.

There is indeed a very good chance the team AVB puts out may garner the same number of points (or maybe even more), but let's not pretend that losing Bale would be anything other than significantly weakening Tottenham as a whole. They will have lost a world megastar, and the collective mind of the worlds football watching population will know and associate that act with Tottenham Hotspur, rather than focus on the myriad of deals financed as a result. It will be the difference between the masses being excited about Tottenham, and not.

How many great teams such as Porto, Benfica etc have you been exhilarated by over the years only to have your exhilaration turn to "meh" after they sell off their best. These teams rebuild, yes, but they are forever destined to never reach the promised land, I'd argue.

Maybe a poor comparison, but a cautionary tale nonetheless: How did Liverpool fare when given a blank cheque for Torres? Every conceivable angle and element of that deal went t1ts up. Nothing is guaranteed.

Nothing we can do about it as supporters, really. Just have to get on with it,cherish the memories, and try not to imagine what might have been. Whatever will be will be.

Sell Bale and top 4 is gone. As promising as players like Willian and Lamela clearly are they will take a season to bed in and adapt to PL. But mainly because we no longer have a game changer in our squad that all the other top teams and Liverpool have.

hahahahaahhaa what a massive massive load of utter gonad*s

in all honesty, if it's a guarantee that we'd get Lamela, Willian and perhaps Coentrao then I'd be happy with Bale going.

Back