• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Qualifier? Surely we go straight into that tournament having finished fifth last season?

We only missed the qualifying round last season because we were given Chelsea's place in the Europa League.

The FA Cup winners get to go straight into the qualifiers, 5th place and League Cup winners have to qualify

From The Daily mail today:

Are you REALLY injured, Gareth? Spurs man moves closer to Madrid and is named in Wales squad to face Ireland... despite missing training

Gareth Bale has been named in the Wales squad for next week's friendly against the Republic of Ireland - despite claiming that he's injured.

The Tottenham forward, who is being courted heavily by Real Madrid, turned up to training this week but hasn't taken part because of an ankle injury.

But that hasn't stopped Wales manager Chris Coleman naming the 24-year-old to take his place in the squad for Cardiff on Wednesday August 14.

Coleman spoke about his main man, while other wantaway Premier League stars Wayne Rooney and Luis Suarez are also injured, sparking conspiracy theories over their proposed moves.

'I am sure with what is going on in terms of the transfer, there is a lot on his mind and Tottenham's mind,' Coleman said.

'Unless we are told that he is unavailable, we will just do what we've always done, and that is expect him to be there. You have to look at it and say 'ok, there is a lot going on'.

'I don't get involved with what is going on with Gareth's transfer. Whatever is going to happen is up to Tottenham and Gareth. We have picked the squad, and he is in it.

'When you play football like he does - he is very dynamic, very powerful and unbelievably quick - you are going to pick up niggles, nothing major. It is nothing that we are worried about. If it was serious, then we would have known before now.'

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is all set to have showdown talks with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez in Miami to discuss the world-record transfer.

Bale is desperate to join the Spanish giants - who want flex their financial muscle to further highlight their 'Galactico' mentality - and a deal is almost complete.

Levy is willing to let Bale leave for around £105million, which would eclipse the highest ever transfer fee by a distance.

If, as expected, the player pens a six-year contract, the total value of the transfer - wages and agents' fees included - would surpass £200million.

His willingness to play for his country is the biggest indication yet that a move to Spain's capital is imminent.

---

Obviously just another piece of unsubstantiated rumour and personal opinion based "journalism", but I just wanted to post it for the hilarious last sentence. Where the hell did that conclusion come from??

We only missed the qualifying round last season because we were given Chelsea's place in the Europa League.

The FA Cup winners get to go straight into the qualifiers, 5th place and League Cup winners have to qualify

Really? Hmmm, maybe we should take this opportunity to not get qualified and focus on the league this season.

so Bale is in the Welsh team? So he isn't injured or what? No excuse not to included against Espanyol then.

so Bale is in the Welsh team? So he isn't injured or what? No excuse not to included against Espanyol then.

Bale will turn up and speak to Welsh physios.....

'whats up gareth my boyo whats the problem?????'

'pain in the ass'

'Ah let me find the anti Levy ass spray.........ah there it is....ok your good to go...

BRFutajCcAApvy0.jpg

Anyone see the interview Chris Coleman did on SSN? Quite respectable actually. Basically said Bale would flourish at Madrid but also said Spurs are a fine club and either way it would be good for Bale. You've gotta think that Coleman would want him to move though. Playing in a very good side and playing regular CL will no doubt make Bale a better player.

I haven't heard one person (that includes AVB plus Coleman today) say that Bale actually wants to stay at Spurs. Ledley King was also interviewed today. I think everyone at the club accepts we've got a fight on our hands to keep Bale, regardless of all the media flimflam.

Anyone see the interview Chris Coleman did on SSN? Quite respectable actually. Basically said Bale would flourish at Madrid but also said Spurs are a fine club and either way it would be good for Bale. You've gotta think that Coleman would want him to move though. Playing in a very good side and playing regular CL will no doubt make Bale a better player.

I haven't heard one person (that includes AVB plus Coleman today) say that Bale actually wants to stay at Spurs. Ledley King was also interviewed today. I think everyone at the club accepts we've got a fight on our hands to keep Bale, regardless of all the media flimflam.

I saw that, sensible all round.

The good thing is, Bale accepts it won't be a forgone conclusion that he gets his move. Which means that if Levy can hold firm, Bale will get his head down and earn the move next summer.

Coleman is looking forward to regular trips to Spain ;)

Back