• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I don't want him sold and i doubt it will happen but i would not be to upset with £100M.

How much of that would we be given to spend in is the question?

Does anyone else find it strange that lil old Tottenham are headline news around the world?

I do, in some ways I'm proud that a player of ours is attracting global attention. In others it's more incentive to want to keep him as if we let him go our reputation will suffer big time. Having one of the worlds best players in your team is not something that comes around often. These sort of players are hard to get hold of, that's why only Ronaldo and Messi are spoken about in such terms. We have one of the three gems in football and that could make us mega rich and attracty lots of support as well.

Say no to Madrid, Gareth Bale is OURS!

I don't want him sold and i doubt it will happen but i would not be to upset with £100M.

How much of that would we be given to spend in is the question?

Levy has a history of allowing the manager to spend the money available to him. Lewis/Levy haven't taken money out of the club in a very long time.

Some of that might be diverted towards the stadium project, but Levy has said in the past that this wouldn't be the case I think.

We might not spend all of it straight away, but I would expect us to spend the majority of it within a transfer window or three.

I think we have to assume that they didn't buy Cavani for far less than 100M because they have NOT GOT that kind of money to spend on one player...

Would anyone complain if they took £100m and put all of it into the NDP if that were the only way to make it viable?

I wouldnt sell him this window at all. But making the NDP work seems more sensible than frittering it away on inflated fees for 3rd rate players.

Last edited:

Would you take Modric plus say 90m? They still owe us a bit of the modric fee so id say 100m deal.

I would take that - AVB needs a Modric type player and he didnt get Moutinho.

As long as we can get someone to replace Bale and along with Soldado - id be 'happy'

Would you take Modric plus say 90m? They still owe us a bit of the modric fee so id say 100m deal.

As long as we can get someone to replace Bale and along with Soldado - id be 'happy'

Yeah, and who the hell could that possibly be?? And why aren't Real already there first in line?

I must admit I'm still baffled as to why Bale, having simply must have known that a bid from Real was coming this summer, was seemingly happy to stay until like a week ago. Does he seriously believe that 'once in a lifetime' crap? Is he seriously buying into all the 'there is no greater honor than pulling on the white of Madrid' nonsense? Does he honestly think that if they value him at over 100M tha summer that they wouldn't come back next year for a fairer, lower price? Incredible. Something weird has happened. Maybe the deal is that he knows Ronaldo is going next year, and wants to play with him once...so weird.

But if he is to go, and Madrid can afford it, then we have to pay over the odds for players. We have to buy 3, 4 or 5 absolutely quality players and over the odds. Paying over the odds is the only way we can negate the impact of Bale leaving and remaining on a trajectory of potential title challengers. We will have been handed a warchest and would need to make the most of it. I don't know who those players are exactly, but AVB would have serious money to get the squad exactly how he wants it. Needs to be sorted soon though.

Zidane though...what. A. ****. A blatant, obvious, ****.

Maybe this actually is the "partnership" deal with Madrid - Let's pretend we've agreed with both them and Bale that there's no chance of him going this summer but that we want to raise the profile of the club to secure our stadium "naming rights" sponsorship and whatever other investment we need.

Madrid are still first in line for next summer so they agree to send the global media into a spin getting us massive exposure; we hold our ground as planned/agreed all along and use all of the publicity to bag a massive sponsorship deal.

All wishful thinking I know... or is Levy really that much of an evil genius???

Still not convinced that they haven't basically just copied Marca, but I am sadly beginning to think there is no smoke without fire.

Of course they're copying Marca. Easy source of information, and from a Sky Sports perspective a British boy made good in Madrid would be the perfect poster boy for their La Liga coverage. The Premier League is guaranted lots of views with or without Bale, Bale in Spain would suit Sky and other media outlets very much.

Precisely. The only sensible thing to do with £100m transfer fee would be to stick it in the stadium fund. Unless we want to pay £26m for McManaman and £44m for Michu.

Just think of Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Liverpool when they wanted Carroll

Mike Ashley: This Carroll boy is attracting some interest, tell any club that comes in for him I'll not sell unless they give us £20m and not a penny less!
Ashley's secretary: Yes boss!

Ashley's secretary: Mr Ashley, Liverpool have sold Torres for £60m to Chelsea and they want Carroll, I'll tell them £20m like you said
Mikey Ashley: Sorry John, you misheard me I said £35m

£££ £££
XXXXXX XXXXXX
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
££££££££££
XXXX
©©

Gareth, where is the love!

Maybe this actually is the "partnership" deal with Madrid - Let's pretend we've agreed with both them and Bale that there's no chance of him going this summer but that we want to raise the profile of the club to secure our stadium "naming rights" sponsorship and whatever other investment we need.

Madrid are still first in line for next summer so they agree to send the global media into a spin getting us massive exposure; we hold our ground as planned/agreed all along and use all of the publicity to bag a massive sponsorship deal.

All wishful thinking I know... or is Levy really that much of an evil genius???

I hope your right, and that Levy's such a evil genius that we get Champions League and Levy tells Madrid to tinkle off next summer!

No. I was not sad Modric left, I can barely recall more than half a dozen great moments, let alone great games he had for us.

He is a top player but he is "meh" for me.

No. I was not sad Modric left, I can barely recall more than half a dozen great moments, let alone great games he had for us.

He is a top player but he is "meh" for me.

I wasn't overly bothered either. Modric wasn't irreplaceable and we got a good deal for him. Bale cannot be replaced as he is the best player in the world in his position and he's only going to get better. World class players can't be replaced, no matter what fee they go for.

Yeah, and who the hell could that possibly be?? And why aren't Real already there first in line?

This is the whole thing!

It is like ITK. If we sign a prospect a few say it was obvious if they hit. They start quoting ancient history.

I like people who predict things before they happen, not afterwards.

I wasn't overly bothered either. Modric wasn't irreplaceable and we got a good deal for him. Bale cannot be replaced as he is the best player in the world in his position and he's only going to get better. World class players can't be replaced, no matter what fee they go for.

They can be replaced but rarely equalled. I want another season of Gareth. I think the fans will think more of him this season knowing it is likely to be his last.

if we get anything like £85m for one player that has to be good business. Bale is a great player, but Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Man Utd all do well enough without a Bale. As long as we use any transfer windfall to strengthen the team in key positions, we could be a better team without Bale.

I would put key positions as all round/in the hole striker, poacher striker, RM back up for Lennon, and CB (although we may have signed Romanian CB).. so with only a couple more buys we are well placed to compete for top four.

We won't find a direct replacement.

We'll have to replace him with several top class, but not world class, players in multiple positions. Preferably younger players with the potential to develop into world class players themselves.

Back