• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Really hate to say it but I get the feeling that he has decided to leave.

Gutted but to be fair to the kid he has been loyal, easily could've dug his heals in both the 2011 and 2012 summer transfer windows.

One thing I will say though is that if he goes, whoever pays for him should be squeezed like a lemon.

I answered you, in detail and politely, 10 pages ago. Yes. It comes down to Levy sticking to his guns and whether Barnet will back off.

EDIT: sorry if my response seems clippy, but your question does not feel genuine. I sense you ate trying to 'catch me out'... All I can say is, I wish I was a trumper because frankly, this latest round has really got me down with regards to football and money. I am not naive by any stretch, but Madrid's behavior is so low. I am hopeful that a mix of Levy's resolve, Barnet stepping back and Bale getting back in with the lads will see this ugly phase finally crushed. It's like foot ally's version of The Exorcist!

I feel the same way.

For a fleeting moment earlier today I actually found myself hoping that IF Bale goes that he will have a stinker of a season and it all goes wrong for him there and when I sit back and think sensibly for a moment, there is no real reason for me to feel this way. All this press gonad*s has really seeped into my brain, even though I know it is all crap and there have been no direct comments from ANYONE apart from Madrid and their various mouthpieces.

I hate them for making me start to feel this way towards Bale even though he's actually done nothing to warrant this reaction from me.

Levy has nobody else to blame but himself. Should have nailed a striker in January, we would have coasted to 4th, in fact I remember us lookingg odds on for third at that point.

Only issue selling Bale is
How much ofthe stash we will reinvest into the first XI and who will we target.

Won't replace like for like, but are you telling me that we couldn't get some cracking players in for serious change?

I feel the same way.

For a fleeting moment earlier today I actually found myself hoping that IF Bale goes that he will have a stinker of a season and it all goes wrong for him there and when I sit back and think sensibly for a moment, there is no real reason for me to feel this way. All this press gonad*s has really seeped into my brain, even though I know it is all crap and there have been no direct comments from ANYONE apart from Madrid and their various mouthpieces.

I hate them for making me start to feel this way towards Bale even though he's actually done nothing to warrant this reaction from me.

exactly - if madrids desire is to unsettle us its certainly working with our fans...

how strong are we???? why cant we weather this storm..........time for those who do to say they believe in Levy!!! of course there is a price for everyone but Levy will see us good whatever the outcome.

Watching Bale play for Tottenham has been my favourite thing supporting spurs in a long time. I would be gutted if we lost him. He'll be worth just as much and wanted just as much next year. We need him so much this season! He will be the difference.

Levy has nobody else to blame but himself. Should have nailed a striker in January, we would have coasted to 4th, in fact I remember us lookingg odds on for third at that point.

Only issue selling Bale is
How much ofthe stash we will reinvest into the first XI and who will we target.

Won't replace like for like, but are you telling me that we couldn't get some cracking players in for serious change?

Madrid would still have the same pull regardless of us finishing 4th.

dammed in either outcome is levy if we refuse to sell people will say we could re-invest and strengthen the squad overall.......sell and its we have no ambition selling our best player!!!!!

Levy will do what's right for the club...I share your frustration at not signing a striker in Jan and securing 3rd 4th but it wouldn't have stopped the crap coming our way from Madrid.

I agree CL still wouldn't guarentee a thing, but it would have given us more substance in holding on to him.

Marca can share made up stories too it seems...

It's all hands to the pump at Tottenham Hotspur now that Gareth Bale's departure is imminent and according to the English paper the Daily Star , Javier Pastore could be Spurs' target

Some fudgers have very odd definitions of the word "imminent". They all seem to work in the press too.

Bale is staying, i doubt he is the kind of lad to kick up a fuss and if he did then fudge him. If he does 1 more season with us its nit going to hurt anyone and he will still be worth that kind of money next year unless something terrible happens.

He doesnt seem to be in the latest BT TV ads now either. Dont know whether we should read too much into that or not. But its not starting to look good now

I answered you, in detail and politely, 10 pages ago. Yes. It comes down to Levy sticking to his guns and whether Barnet will back off.

EDIT: sorry if my response seems clippy, but your question does not feel genuine. I sense you ate trying to 'catch me out'... All I can say is, I wish I was a trumper because frankly, this latest round has really got me down with regards to football and money. I am not naive by any stretch, but Madrid's behavior is so low. I am hopeful that a mix of Levy's resolve, Barnet stepping back and Bale getting back in with the lads will see this ugly phase finally crushed. It's like foot ally's version of The Exorcist!

It was a genuine question.

Reasons why Bale is staying:

Gareth Bale is on a giant bill board in New York in a Tottenham shirt

Gareth Bale is on the cover of FIFA 2014 in a Tottenham shirt

Gareth Bale loves AVB and has said: “We have a great relationship. Last season we had a great campaign and obviously we came up short but we had a great working relationship on and off the field. We chatted quite a lot about tactics and stuff like that. He definitely got the best out of me last season and hopefully can again.” (actual words from Bale's mouth)

AVB has stated: “We have the chairman’s commitment that Bale will not leave the club.” (actual words from Andre's mouth)

Paulinho has stated: “Bale is their best player, but they have made it clear to me that he is not going anywhere.” (actual words from Paulinho's mouth)

Bale: 'We did a couple of seasons ago so there's no reason why not. We've definitely got a good enough team to challenge. It just depends on how consistent we can be. 'We're all looking forward to the season, hopefully we can improve on last season – I'm sure with a few more additions to the squad we'll be a lot better.' 'It's just a matter of going out there and proving everyone we can.' (courtesy of ExileTHFC)

Reasons why Bale is going:

Marca have continuously rehashed stories from the Modric saga and these stories have been syndicated. There are no real quotes.

A gooner reporter made up a story about us knocking back a 100 million euro offer and this story was syndicated. There are no real quotes

As has been said before, and on the previous page I think, a very reasonable explanation is that Bale would prefer going to Real Madrid if given the chance to do so, but he is also happy to stay at Spurs if he's not given the option to go to Real.

Then coming out saying that he wants to move makes no sense, coming out saying that he wants to stay makes no sense. He could come out and say that he's happy either way, but really the media would just twist that their own way and we would really be getting nowhere.

Levy might be in a similar situation. He might have a number in his head, a number that Baldini and AVB agree with is the amount of money where selling Bale this summer makes sense. If he then states categorically that Bale isn't leaving and Madrid end up making an offer of that much (or more) then he's made himself and the club look a bit silly.

The silence isn't deafening, it's just silence. Compared to what we got from Modric I much prefer this silence. This will keep going, as most of us assumed it would, it will get annoying if you let the media get to you, but that's just the nature of having a top class player at the club being wanted by one of the biggest clubs in the world. I much prefer this to us having mediocre players across the board.

=D>

Decent read this

Massive marquee signings an echo of profligate times past

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/massive-marquee-signings-an-echo-of-profligate-times-past-

In a few short years, social media has revolutionised coverage of football during the close season. We now see detailed coverage of football players’ summer holidays, as the players supply the holiday photographs papers used to have to pay paparazzi to acquire.

The traditionally football-free summer months are now enlivened with shots of players in Miami or Barbados or Sardinia. Andy Carroll dancing in a giant chipmunk suit in Vegas, Gareth Bale posing with Transformers in Orlando. Everybody looks so happy.

Maybe the problem is that footballers’ holidays have become too much fun, because now that it’s time to go back to work many of them have succumbed to the blues.
Luis Suarez’s advisers have not yet provided any bulletins detailing their client’s emotional state.

They don’t need to: his doleful expression throughout the club’s tour of Asia shows everyone how he feels about his current station in life. Wayne Rooney has missed Manchester United’s tour, but sources close to him who recently reported he was “angry and confused” have given no indication of an improvement in his mood.

However, Rooney is in a better emotional place than Gareth Bale, whose chairman at Spurs, Daniel Levy, has reportedly turned down a world record €100 million bid from Real Madrid. Levy’s stance is said to have left Bale “horrified” and “distraught”.

News of Bale’s consternation makes it sound as though agents are about to run out of words to describe the unspeakable sadness afflicting their players. They may soon be forced to trawl the literary canon for phrases of sufficient emotional power. “Christian Benteke’s agent has told Sky Sports News that the player is frustrated at Aston Villa’s refusal to consider offers from clubs in the Champions League. ‘The club are being totally unreasonable. I’m afraid Christian wears the wry-faced pucker of the sour lemon moon’.”

And “sources close to Yohan Cabaye say the midfielder is in shock at the collapse of his proposed move. ‘Yohan’s absolutely gutted. He’s seen the mermaids singing, each to each. He does not think that they will sing to him’.”

The language used in reports about Bale becomes more understandable when you imagine the feelings of a football agent who has just been informed by an intransigent chairman that he can forget about claiming commission on a €100 million transfer fee. Horrified and distraught is probably about right.

There must also be a measure of hope though, because if Madrid really are prepared to pay €100 million, the deal will surely happen; €100 million is 56 per cent of Tottenham’s turnover – the sum would cover their entire payroll for a year.

Bale is a magnificent footballer, easily the best to play for Spurs since Paul Gascoigne. But at some point Spurs will have to ask themselves: how much bigger than the club do we think this player really is?

Maybe Levy thinks he can squeeze an extra few million out of Madrid. He may be right. If they’re prepared to pay €100 million, then why not €110 million or more? The deal would be a world record in absolute terms, but when you consider how rich Real Madrid have become in recent years they could probably afford to pay more.

A transfer fee of €100 million is less than 20 per cent of Madrid’s annual turnover. In 1996, Saudi Sportswashing Machine bought Alan Shearer for £15 million, which was 37.5 per cent of their turnover of £40 million.

If the fee Madrid paid for Bale was in the same proportion to their current turnover, Spurs would bank more than €190 million.

The likely outcome is that Levy will accept an offer from Madrid’s president Florentino Perez. And the Spanish club’s bankers will make the dream come true for Bale and his agent. Bale will therefore become one of the lucky 43.5 per cent of under-25s in Spain who have a job.

It feels as though there is something tasteless about the biggest club in Spain spending €100 million on a foreign football player at a time when Spain is full of brilliant young footballers and unemployed young people.

Admittedly, giant transfer fees have always drawn criticism.
The 1993 transfer of Gianluigi Lentini from Torino to Silvio Berlusconi’s AC Milan for a world record fee of £13 million was condemned by the Vatican as “an offence against the dignity of work”.

History shows that the practice of trying to distinguish yourself from the crowd with astonishing displays of mindless extravagance was not invented by football club presidents like Berlusconi and Perez.

About an hour’s drive south of Madrid, you can see the spire of Toledo Cathedral rising above the dusty plain of La Mancha.
Deep within the cathedral you can gaze upon its greatest treasure: the Great Monstrance of Arfe, a 10ft tower of gold, silver and jewels designed to house the ceremonial ostensorium where the consecrated Host would be displayed. It contains 18kg of gold, 180kg of silver and is studded with countless jewels.

The millions lavished by the Catholic Church on the creation of this unbelievable piece of ostentation did not do much to improve the lives of the local peasants, but we can guess that owning it made the archbishop walk a little taller.

The thing is the Gareth Bale of its day, and less has changed in the last 500 years than we like to think.

Perez has paid world record fees for Figo, Zidane, Kaka and Ronaldo......now he wants to break the record again for Bale. Thats a fcuking honour imo for Bale to be in the company of those legends

wow:eek:

I agree CL still wouldn't guarentee a thing, but it would have given us more substance in holding on to him.

Didn't stop Arsenal losing their best players every season. Madrid are in a different league to us in every sense very difficult to resist. However, I don't believe Bale will go, not this season. In fact, and shoot me down in flames here, I still believe he could sign a new contract.

The inevitable hasnt happened yet. Bale and his agent have not spoken and said he wanted to leave.

We are not too far from that though, I suppose it is the next step and what all the papers are waiting for.

Didn't stop Arsenal losing their best players every season. Madrid are in a different league to us in every sense very difficult to resist. However, I don't believe Bale will go, not this season. In fact, and shoot me down in flames here, I still believe he could sign a new contract.

I have never fallen in the CL argument anyway. Unless you can realistically win it, a player will not stay just because of 6 groupe games against 2 teams from Russia and possibly a hammering against a top side.

So you are right, it doesnt make a difference.

Playing with top players and playing the title is really the difference.

Back