• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Is it late to clone Bale? Then we could keep one and sell one for £85m.

Best Of both worlds!

Simps peeps.

images

Everyone seems to be having their two cents about this on vario0us different media outlets, most of them think we're mad to have rejected 80m..

Have Real Madrid actually even made a bid yet though?

have to say i agree with indian here. Not the whole funny part but i find it a bit naive to think that 99% of footballers dont play the game for the same reason. fame, glory and bucket loads of cash.

again, all this stuff that steff is putting forward now are pretty much the similar to what i said to you steff in the past. but you made a guarantee that bale wasnt like that and wouldnt even come close to pulling a modric, or keane or berbatov or benteke...or any footballer in the world that wants to rise up when their stock is high. Am not sure why but the idea that only now that his head has been turned? why now? whats changed that has made his head turn that wasnt there in the beginning? or even before real made the vow to go in for him? he would have known about all the glitz and glamour prior no?[/

Here's the thing Affy...no smoke without fire. I trust Levy to remain strong despite the flimflam which has not come out and might never...put it this way. Whether you and Indian believe me or not is pretty unimportant don't you think? Here's to hoping Levy holds his nerve. I think he will but lets hope him and Barnett don't go to war or it will be ugly.

Absolutely nothing to do with Levy. Madrid moved the goalposts and have applied pressure that even by their standards is disgusting. Levy actually responds badly to this sort of tactic and I think at this stage he woul rather freeze the playe out and keep him. It's getting dirty and it will continue so until Barnet calls truce.

So Steff i'll ask again, do you now think there's a chance he will leave?

Everyone seems to be having their two cents about this on vario0us different media outlets, most of them think we're mad to have rejected 80m..

Have Real Madrid actually even made a bid yet though?

Not according to this man who is the first person from the club to say they havent...

pleat.jpg

1. The deal was never about players going anywhere, apart from the vague possibility of maybe a loan deal or two at some point.

2. Possibly, if it makes financial sense for Spurs to do so.

3. Why wouldn't Bale want to go to Real?

The first two points I dont have much to say but the third I do. Why? Its such a poitical juggernaut that if he fudges up and has a poor season, or rather a season lesser than the one he has just had, he will get slaughtered. He gets slaughtered he may well get distraught - they can effectively ruin him. Its a big risk a huge risk if he decides to go - especially at a youngish age - even after this season he will have five good years at the top.

RM dont even look close to winning CL, maybe the title but thats about it.

Wages? they may well pay him slightly more but not by much.

Its funny you mention his agent. These players are adults and should act like adults - they shouldnt let an agent do the dirty work or speak for them. Its ludicrous. Yeh let an agent and a lawyer negotiate thats acceptable but anything beyond that is downright pathetic.

Bale is Barnets boss I imagine - in that Bale is the client - so Bale should be dictating what happens and not Barnet or whatever his agent is called.

I agree 100%.
It's sad.
Barney's been with Bale for 8 or 9 years so has wormed his way deep into the family. Bu I absolutely agree with you. I also think his relative isolation in Asia from the squad/dressing room banter, is a dirty trick and a disgrace. He's a lad who enjoys the dressing room culture.

I agree 100%.
It's sad.
Barney's been with Bale for 8 or 9 years so has wormed his way deep into the family. Bu I absolutely agree with you. I also think his relative isolation in Asia from the squad/dressing room banter, is a dirty trick and a disgrace. He's a lad who enjoys the dressing room culture.

The thing is its not just Bale - Modric last year. Everyone was harping on about how his agent had brainwashed him etc etc etc. I had actually thought Bale was slightly different then again I thought Modric was different.

Kids nowadays.

I agree 100%.
It's sad.

I also have read that Levy is very close to Bale's parents too, built up a good realtionship over the past 6 years and he has treated them very well

1. The deal was never about players going anywhere, apart from the vague possibility of maybe a loan deal or two at some point.

2. Possibly, if it makes financial sense for Spurs to do so.

3. Why wouldn't Bale want to go to Real?

Bide your time and go to a better team. He's 24, he's just had a kid and his family are settled, plenty of time in his career left. I don't know why footballers always have this obsession to move now, right now. I don't expect him to stay another 5 years or even another two years, but why not just wait for Barca or Bayern?

Madrid nearly ruined Sneijder, Robben and VDV in addition to Kaka.

Last edited:

The thing is its not just Bale - Modric last year. Everyone was harping on about how his agent had brainwashed him etc etc etc. I had actually thought Bale was slightly different then again I thought Modric was different.

Kids nowadays.

All this talk about player x being "different from the rest", very few of them actually are. I think Dawson is the only player in our squad who you could describe as being fiercely loyal.

So Steff i'll ask again, do you now think there's a chance he will leave?

I answered you, in detail and politely, 10 pages ago. Yes. It comes down to Levy sticking to his guns and whether Barnet will back off.

EDIT: sorry if my response seems clippy, but your question does not feel genuine. I sense you ate trying to 'catch me out'... All I can say is, I wish I was a trumper because frankly, this latest round has really got me down with regards to football and money. I am not naive by any stretch, but Madrid's behavior is so low. I am hopeful that a mix of Levy's resolve, Barnet stepping back and Bale getting back in with the lads will see this ugly phase finally crushed. It's like foot ally's version of The Exorcist!

I also have read that Levy is very close to Bale's parents too, built up a good realtionship over the past 6 years and he has treated them very well

Very true. That's why it was all fine and in the bag Neil the last two weeks. I hate Madrid.

All this talk about player x being "different from the rest", very few of them actually are. I think Dawson is the only player in our squad who you could describe as being fiercely loyal.
You think Daws would be any different if Madrid were sniffing around him? There's loyalty when it suits them, no point getting bothered by that though, just the way it is.

I don't see the big fuss, go and buy Munian or Mata for change from the Bale sale, bring in Coentrao, bring in Pastore whoever ... We finished with more points after modric left, after Vdv left, after berbatov and after carrick ... Look at what Napoli have done ... We could do just as well ...

Very true. That's why it was all fine and in the bag Neil the last two weeks. I hate Madrid.

I must admit i am quite surprised at your change in tone steff.

I got shot down plenty of times in this thread for saying Madrid's pull would be too strong for us to resist. You have always seemed adamant the lad is staying.

If Madrid think it was difficult & frustrating trying to deal for modric then I reckon Levy will up his game in any negotiations concerning bale...personally after everything they have done I would not give them the time of day. Levy is a tough cookie....im sure he can handle Barnett.

Back