• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

i prefer the Benteke approach....he wanted to leave, handed in a transfer request, no-one came forward with what Villa wanted, so Benteke returned to training and decided to sign a new contract. Everything out in the open, everyone knows where they stand

It's the media that I've had enough of... take BBC this afternoon for example: go on the home page it says "Bale 'wants to speak to madrid' " then you click the link, and there is not one quote anywhere, so where they exactly get the quote that he 'wants to speak to madrid' is absolutely beyond me

If all the media reports over the last few days do turn out to be false, then I think Spurs should sue the rags like Marca for their blatant propaganda. It's outrageous what they get up to to try and 'turn' a player, and Real Madrid once again have acted like the completely classless club they are.

Here's the thing though; if clubs wanted this rampant off-season tabloid speculation to end, they could end it very quickly. If the business pages started printing stories every day about the internal workings of a particular company and speculated about whether top management figures were about to jump ship but had no quotes or evidence to back this up... the company would have the right to sue the media, and almost certainly would do.

As a rule, the vast majority of transfer speculation is no more than idle gossip. There's never any evidence and rarely a quote from anyone involved. Yet the clubs let it continue. The only reason for this is that they see it as an important way of raising the profile of the club (and the sport in general).

If THFC accept a bid he will leave - so what's he supposed to come out and say?

"I want to play for Spurs next season as long as they don't accept a bid from Real"

Or

"I want to play for Real next season, but only if they have a bid accepted by Spurs"

Which would you prefer?

He will only leave if "he" wants to. If he wants to stay he could come out and pledge his future to Spurs today. But he has'nt.

The thing is we will never see the same happy Bale now. Real will always be after him. We will always be pushing for 4th place and lets face it we wont be pushing to win the title we never have so cant see why we would this season. Chelsea have strengthened with their manager and currently their squad and team is better than ours. Arsenal will be stronger, Utd will be weaker in terms of manager but are still United and will 99.999% end up above us, and City are definitely going to be fighting for the title.

I think we should sell Bale for £85m plus and concentrate on becoming a team rather than relying on Bale. Bored of the speculation now and its going to go on for years. Look at Arsneal last year, they sold Van Persie who they relied on and did ok. It might be a step backwards but the money being quoted is ridiculous and he is not better than Ronaldo.

Maaaaaan you're being way too defeatist. Who says we can't challenge for the title? Who says we will always be challenging for 4th?

Keeping a player the type of Bale is supposed to help us do exactly that - fight for the title.

The difference between other clubs having sold their players and us is that I think they are seriously under-estimating Levy. Like Modric's agents they thought he would be bullied and he wasn't. Hilarious that John Terry was convinced Modric would be playing with him that season.

The other thing is that other clubs aren't trying to break in. We are. We need to make a stand to do something to help us progress rather than selling a player and being all very happy that we are still standing.

Its just getting to me the fact that neither Bale or Levy's coming out and saying anything. Levy has said that players wont be sold, but they do get sold.

In an ideal situation we would tell Real to fcuk off and Bale is ours. But as each day goes by that Bale say's nothing, the more I think he wants to go to Madrid. The papers have been awful in this situation, like the BBC earlier this afternoon not even quoting anything yet they say Bale wants to leave, BUT Bale has not said anything to confirm or deny this.

Noone is asking him to respond to every bit of speculation, but theres only one subject. Does he want to leave this season or play for Spurs? If he comes out and says either way you wouldnt have anymore speculation as he's stated what he wants. But he hasn't and instead the speculation keeps on coming and coming and it hasn't got any sign of going away. All summer I've believed he was staying, but now his silence is deafening...

As has been said before, and on the previous page I think, a very reasonable explanation is that Bale would prefer going to Real Madrid if given the chance to do so, but he is also happy to stay at Spurs if he's not given the option to go to Real.

Then coming out saying that he wants to move makes no sense, coming out saying that he wants to stay makes no sense. He could come out and say that he's happy either way, but really the media would just twist that their own way and we would really be getting nowhere.

Levy might be in a similar situation. He might have a number in his head, a number that Baldini and AVB agree with is the amount of money where selling Bale this summer makes sense. If he then states categorically that Bale isn't leaving and Madrid end up making an offer of that much (or more) then he's made himself and the club look a bit silly.

The silence isn't deafening, it's just silence. Compared to what we got from Modric I much prefer this silence. This will keep going, as most of us assumed it would, it will get annoying if you let the media get to you, but that's just the nature of having a top class player at the club being wanted by one of the biggest clubs in the world. I much prefer this to us having mediocre players across the board.

Fair enough. Lets keep him and win the league!

No in all seriousness that's what I want to hear from spurs fans. I think the media speculation is just getting to me and thats what they want, me clicking on their links to give them advertising revenue for a non-story.

So... only another 32.5 days to go of this! :eek:

Maaaaaan you're being way too defeatist. Who says we can't challenge for the title? Who says we will always be challenging for 4th?

Keeping a player the type of Bale is supposed to help us do exactly that - fight for the title.

The difference between other clubs having sold their players and us is that I think they are seriously under-estimating Levy. Like Modric's agents they thought he would be bullied and he wasn't. Hilarious that John Terry was convinced Modric would be playing with him that season.

The other thing is that other clubs aren't trying to break in. We are. We need to make a stand to do something to help us progress rather than selling a player and being all very happy that we are still standing.

AVB.....he said not this season

Here's the thing though; if clubs wanted this rampant off-season tabloid speculation to end, they could end it very quickly. If the business pages started printing stories every day about the internal workings of a particular company and speculated about whether top management figures were about to jump ship but had no quotes or evidence to back this up... the company would have the right to sue the media, and almost certainly would do.

As a rule, the vast majority of transfer speculation is no more than idle gossip. There's never any evidence and rarely a quote from anyone involved. Yet the clubs let it continue. The only reason for this is that they see it as an important way of raising the profile of the club (and the sport in general).

Levy couldn't have been more categorical in his statements when Chelsea were chasing Modric. It didn't end the speculations and it did relatively little to change public opinon. It only really changed the perception of some of the Spurs fans that trusted him, most fans in general still expected Chelsea to get their man in the end.

He will only leave if "he" wants to. If he wants to stay he could come out and pledge his future to Spurs today. But he has'nt.

Do you think it's reasonable to expect him to do this?

whilst I completely agree with your point, surely it's negative publicity in this case? speculation about your best player leaving is hardly going to help you attract better players. And since idle speculation is all it appears to be to me at the moment (and will remain that way until something comes from either levy, AVB or bale to suggest otherwise), surely the media can't be allowed to keep using quotes that don't exist?

Some Spanish tv station is claiming the Bale deal will be concluded in a few hours.

just copying the headlines in AS and Marca

what Mumorn's ITK on all this, i thought he had a Spanish sauce

As has been said before, and on the previous page I think, a very reasonable explanation is that Bale would prefer going to Real Madrid if given the chance to do so, but he is also happy to stay at Spurs if he's not given the option to go to Real.

Then coming out saying that he wants to move makes no sense, coming out saying that he wants to stay makes no sense. He could come out and say that he's happy either way, but really the media would just twist that their own way and we would really be getting nowhere.

Levy might be in a similar situation. He might have a number in his head, a number that Baldini and AVB agree with is the amount of money where selling Bale this summer makes sense. If he then states categorically that Bale isn't leaving and Madrid end up making an offer of that much (or more) then he's made himself and the club look a bit silly.

The silence isn't deafening, it's just silence. Compared to what we got from Modric I much prefer this silence. This will keep going, as most of us assumed it would, it will get annoying if you let the media get to you, but that's just the nature of having a top class player at the club being wanted by one of the biggest clubs in the world. I much prefer this to us having mediocre players across the board.

Not going to argue with that, I've basically been of the same thought process all summer but I think it just gets to a point where SOMETHING has to be said - its getting a bit much now. But hopefully your scenario is correct...

Just the usual all talk and no substance.

If real get him it wont be easy...

Graham hunter was on ssn earlier and predicts a 7/10 that Bale will go to Madrid........most of this is all pointless though.

Its Levy vs Perez and Bale 'acting up tips the balance in toadface's favour. With all the crud we have had to endure I would love it if Levy digs those heels in.

Bale won't sulk / hand in request / strike talk will be very interesting if we find ourselves in a similar situation come the 18th of August.

I for one hope its cleared up by then, one way or another.

Its a tricky one for Levy for sure. Build around Bale or cash in and build with the money.

At the end of the day, if he feels the player ain`t motivated and will not move his arse on the pitch then he should go.

I wouldnt blame Levy for letting him go now, but the mistakes were done before, we should be in a position now to be able to keep our players happy at the club. Its a shame we are not.

Back