• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

article-2276176-1773B016000005DC-4_632x522.jpg

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Gareth Bale. And he can fly.:lol:

Attachments

• article-2276176-1773B016000005DC-4_632x522.jpg
    article-2276176-1773B016000005DC-4_632x522.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9

Im sorry to say that I think he is soon to big for the club, if Spurs dont change there goal of the season.
Ive loved Spurs for 30 years now, but Im sad to say that the club can only do 2 things.

1: Build on what we got, buy 2-3 players on the top shelf and realy go for the PL title.
I dont think CL will be enough, he is going to want to win things, and why not.

2. Sell him, buy 2-3 top players and hope we can be in the Euro/CL fight.

I think Bale has an absolute love for Tottenham, but when managers, players, media, friends talk all the time about he should go and win things he is going to go..

If I was Bale, I would not be happy that the club didnt want to battle for the PL title.

Im sorry to say that I think he is soon to big for the club, if Spurs dont change there goal of the season.
Ive loved Spurs for 30 years now, but Im sad to say that the club can only do 2 things.

1: Build on what we got, buy 2-3 players on the top shelf and realy go for the PL title.
I dont think CL will be enough, he is going to want to win things, and why not.

2. Sell him, buy 2-3 top players and hope we can be in the Euro/CL fight.

I think Bale has an absolute love for Tottenham, but when managers, players, media, friends talk all the time about he should go and win things he is going to go..

If I was Bale, I would not be happy that the club didnt want to battle for the PL title.

The thing is soon even CL and being in it won't be enough - he will want to win CL and win Leagues. Don't forget the guy plays for Wales who barely qualify for any tournaments and like Giggs he will have to compensate for that by winning things at club football level.

What I would say we have to our advantage is that he has just had a kid and doubt he will uproot her and not to mention I doubt he will want to travel back and forth.

The only other conceivable option barring Real is PSG. Close by, easy to commute every now and again and have a tonne of money to buy the best and win that CL etc.

As far as I'm concerned I'm gonna enjoy watching him till the day he leaves and stop thinkin to much about it between now and then.

The thing is soon even CL and being in it won't be enough - he will want to win CL and win Leagues. Don't forget the guy plays for Wales who barely qualify for any tournaments and like Giggs he will have to compensate for that by winning things at club football level.

What I would say we have to our advantage is that he has just had a kid and doubt he will uproot her and not to mention I doubt he will want to travel back and forth.

The only other conceivable option barring Real is PSG. Close by, easy to commute every now and again and have a tonne of money to buy the best and win that CL etc.

As far as I'm concerned I'm gonna enjoy watching him till the day he leaves and stop thinkin to much about it between now and then.

I think only Levy can decide Bale's future. If Levy decides to make us challenge for the league title/CL every season by buying top quality players and does not entertain any bids for Bale, then I think Bale will be more than happy to stay.

There are plenty of people saying that we're a couple of strikers from mounting a decent challenge for the league. IF we keep Bale. We need Levy and AVB to convince him of that during the summer.

He's on a long contract, he seems a level-headed bloke. I'd hope he recognises that he'd be better off playing for one of the world's great teams (Barca, Real, even ManUre) than signing for the money (Emirates Marketing Project, Chelscum, PSG).

There are plenty of people saying that we're a couple of strikers from mounting a decent challenge for the league. IF we keep Bale. We need Levy and AVB to convince him of that during the summer.

He's on a long contract, he seems a level-headed bloke. I'd hope he recognises that he'd be better off playing for one of the world's great teams (Barca, Real, even ManUre) than signing for the money (Emirates Marketing Project, Chelscum, PSG).

Surely, Bale's value should be beyond ManU. If Levy is really a good business man and chairman, only the mega rich clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, ManCity, PSG and Anzi can afford to buy him. The media are already putting 50m value on Bale. Levy should put something like 60m-70m price tag on Bale. In fact, I want us to put 100m price tag on Bale. Why not ? We had to be very patient with Bale and spend 2-3 years in nurturing him to what he is today. It is going to be almost impossible to replace him. It will be a huge setback for us and affect our future badly if and when we sell Bale. How many good players can you buy with 100m ? And how many of them will want to join us after we sell our best player ? Close to none, I think,

Surely, Bale's value should be beyond ManU. If Levy is really a good business man and chairman, only the mega rich clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, ManCity, PSG and Anzi can afford to buy him. The media are already putting 50m value on Bale. Levy should put something like 60m-70m price tag on Bale. In fact, I want us to put 100m price tag on Bale. Why not ? We had to be very patient with Bale and spend 2-3 years in nurturing him to what he is today. It is going to be almost impossible to replace him. It will be a huge setback for us and affect our future badly if and when we sell Bale. How many good players can you buy with 100m ? And how many of them will want to join us after we sell our best player ? Close to none, I think,

Clubs that can afford Bale:
Barca, Real, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, PSG, Anzhi, various teams in the Middle East and probably China

Clubs that deserve Bale:
Barca, Real, ManYoo, possibly Bayern, Inter, AC Milan

Sadly, we're not a big enough club to keep hold of a global superstar. We could be in a couple of years' time, but only if Bale fancies a project. And that depends on what sort of character he is. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him if he went to Real or Barca.

Oh, I remember media and ppl on here saying we should sell him, couse we didnt win one game with him on the pich....
Think if we had let him go then. Good call from the club! (and me ;)

Clubs that can afford Bale:
Barca, Real, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, PSG, Anzhi, various teams in the Middle East and probably China

Clubs that deserve Bale:
Barca, Real, ManYoo, possibly Bayern, Inter, AC Milan

Sadly, we're not a big enough club to keep hold of a global superstar. We could be in a couple of years' time, but only if Bale fancies a project. And that depends on what sort of character he is. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him if he went to Real or Barca.

I doubt Barca could afford him either, especially not if you believe Balague on Barca already having a deal set in place for Neymar. The only way Barca or Utd would be able to complete a deal for Bale was if they were to offer a player plus cash deal. I only see two realistic destinations for Bale; Madrid or City. Cannot see Bale switching to the French league, no matter how much money they throw at him, and Chelsea have already spent a good £50m or so on attacking midfielders in the past couple of seasons, if they are to spend big this summer it will be on a forward.

I think we'll keep hold of him for at least another season.

i wouldn't rule united out, they can come up with money if they need to and if a player wants to stay in the uk then their history and stadium give them an advantage over the newly minted

Player plays well = Player leaves Spurs ?

It is all Levy's fault. World class players like Bale would want to fight for trophies every season. But we are not any closer to doing that. We could be challenging for league title now had he bought Moutinho and a top class striker in pre-season. But we cannot even guarantee Bale that we will challenge for league title next season.

Player plays top football = Player joins top football clubs

do we dare to dream that one day we may become a real top draw football club?

Do players not leave real top drawer football clubs?

RVP from Arsenal and Ronaldo from United to name but two.

though i am not sure Arsenal qualify as a 'real top' draw football club any more.

The RVP is proof of what Im saying, CL is not enough, winning titles are!
We need to say that we are going for the PL title not CL, thats the only way we can hold on and get the top, top fantastic super duper players...

Think if we had a Zlatan on top and a kompany in defence...

We need a Zlatan, defence is fine. Unfortunately we'll probably get a top class striker but only once Bale has gone and then we'll need a top class whatever Bale is. It's a never ending cycle.

I think we will be able to hold on to Bale for another season.
By then, we'd have to be serious title contenders and CL qualified if we want to keep him longer, IMO.

If there's a time we should really push on, this summer will be it. (it should have been this January, but that's a different story) We have a world class keeper in Lloris, there's Sandro who will hopefully recover 100% from his injury, and then there's Bale, who will be immense next season. Add Vertonghen/Kaboul and a top, top striker, and there's a great spine for a team - plus we have quality players all over the pitch in Lennon, Dembele, Vertonghen, Holtby, Dawson, BAE, etc.

It really boils down to improving our strikeforce first and foremost.

Back