• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

No offence mate but thats a silly statement - its akin to saying... its funny how you love your wife but the minute she cheats on you you will turn on her fast. ERRR HELL fudging YEAH.

You live for today you appreciate today you cant predict whether he will be a **** in the summer or two - if he is yeah I will fudgein turn because its a lack of respect to us fans and the club who nurtured him and helped him become the 50-60m player he is today.

Its not fickle - its called supporting a player... if Bale leaves with graciousness etc then no one will turn on him. Ultimately its not if or when they leave its HOW.

This. Agreed mate.

No offence mate but thats a silly statement - its akin to saying... its funny how you love your wife but the minute she cheats on you you will turn on her fast. ERRR HELL fudging YEAH.

You live for today you appreciate today you cant predict whether he will be a **** in the summer or two - if he is yeah I will fudgein turn because its a lack of respect to us fans and the club who nurtured him and helped him become the 50-60m player he is today.

Its not fickle - its called supporting a player... if Bale leaves with graciousness etc then no one will turn on him. Ultimately its not if or when they leave its HOW.

its silly if thats your way of thinking about these kind of things. personally speaking, i wouldnt turn on him for most things hw would do. the only guys that i have had ill will for leaving...? berbatov who literally refused to play even when asked to, and sol campbell for obvious reasons...the rest? dont really care much

you have to understand its a power stuggle between partners. the club will not want to sell so they would do what they can , both under handed and no respect to stop from losing an asset who right now has no ceiling we can measure. on the other hand the asset wants to leave.....do they play nice when their parent club wont? they dont have to...it would be nice to have them play nice but i think they would try their best to engineer a move away from the club...and thats underhanded tactics as well.

me? i dont take that sort of thing personally, its why i think i wouldnt mind modric back if he wanted to return. berbatov can rot in fulham for all i care, i would take him back too if pish came to shove but i wouldnt really ever like him or form an emotiona l attachment

this whole thing about us nurturing him and making him who he is...though this is true, do you think he actually 'owes us' anything? if anything you could put forward a case that he did us a favour coming here...he could have gone to united.....no guarantee how he would have turned out but i think his career would have been above average.

you make it sound like the best young talent in the world should be grateful for where they end up. the clubs are ecstatic when a prodigy chooses them cause they want to be the place where the prodigy blossoms ..because ...in direct correlation their club will blossom accordingly

these footballers dont owe their clubs anything. its not like the clubs dont get their devils share as well. its a business partnership, not foster care...at least i dont think we do that

This. Agreed mate.

never pictured you as that kind of guy to be frank. you seemed to insinuate that you appreciate how things work in the cold light of day

either way i wouldnt care less if he used media pressure to engineer a move personally.

I can't see Bale leaving with graciousness. Levy and AVB won't want to entertain bids for Bale unless they are World Record BIG. If Bale wants to be elsewhere then he'll have to make a big fuss about it.

this is the reality of it. plain and simple.... i feel this is the football fans equivalent to a realistic expectation

its silly if thats your way of thinking about these kind of things. personally speaking, i wouldnt turn on him for most things hw would do. the only guys that i have had ill will for leaving...? berbatov who literally refused to play even when asked to, and sol campbell for obvious reasons...the rest? dont really care much

you have to understand its a power stuggle between partners. the club will not want to sell so they would do what they can , both under handed and no respect to stop from losing an asset who right now has no ceiling we can measure. on the other hand the asset wants to leave.....do they play nice when their parent club wont? they dont have to...it would be nice to have them play nice but i think they would try their best to engineer a move away from the club...and thats underhanded tactics as well.

me? i dont take that sort of thing personally, its why i think i wouldnt mind modric back if he wanted to return. berbatov can rot in fulham for all i care, i would take him back too if pish came to shove but i wouldnt really ever like him or form an emotiona l attachment

this whole thing about us nurturing him and making him who he is...though this is true, do you think he actually 'owes us' anything? if anything you could put forward a case that he did us a favour coming here...he could have gone to united.....no guarantee how he would have turned out but i think his career would have been above average.

you make it sound like the best young talent in the world should be grateful for where they end up. the clubs are ecstatic when a prodigy chooses them cause they want to be the place where the prodigy blossoms ..because ...in direct correlation their club will blossom accordingly

these footballers dont owe their clubs anything. its not like the clubs dont get their devils share as well. its a business partnership, not foster care...at least i dont think we do that

Im speaking as a fan - I can very well speak in the business sense but since when were fans businessmen or business women? Ill leave that for the 9-5. Its simplistic I agree but none of us are privy to the business knowledge or information that is privy to Levy et al.

Ultimately its a contract that the player signed - he wants to leave he can put in a request (id be happy with that as its per the 'process') HOWEVER what I would despise is if Bale's 'head wasnt right' and all that bull brick that Modric and Berbatov subjected us to.

Perfect example im at a company who gave me a chance and they have been well rewarded with my services, im also well rewarded by them, however if I wanted to leave I follow process i.e. hand in my resignation. I wouldnt go AWOL or start acting like a **** through my three month notice period. HOWEVER it is my right to be able to leave as much as is Bale's its just HOW not IF or WHEN you leave.

In response to your response to El Guepardo - firstly Levy will soon HAVE to entertain a bid - after this summer there are three years left so either Bale signs a contract extension to turn it into four years or we risk losing him for 30m and not 50-60 that Bale MAY command at present. If Bale doesnt sign I wouldnt hold it against him

Im not so sure if the price will drop as quickly as the years drop on his contract DHSF, i used to think like that that once the was 2 years or less on a contract then the value dropped quickly but when you see the price arsenal still managed to get with van persie last year and also we paid 10m+ for verts and dembele with just 12 months left on their contracts.

You also wonder how much bale would be worth with 15 goals in a season and the fear factor he puts into the opposition. I would agree we should try and give him a new 4 year contract at the end of the season when we get champs league, then we should be able to hang onto him for another 2 years at least.

As long as he moves to spain or italy i wont mind if he goes to an english club i will be sad, but from hearing him talk he fancies trying his luck abroad at some point anyway and i say good luck to the lad.

28 April last year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17879753

And he still signed a new contract - think he will be gone though if we fail to make CL again this year

If that's the clip Rossi was talking about then he's not "basically saying if we don't get CL then he's gone" at all. And after that he signed a new contract when we didn't qualify. Obviously the talks they had where he was looking to do what was best for him were fruitful for the club.

i have no qualms about players leaving to bigger clubs to win trophies or play in the champions league if they can't get it with us.

sometimes its also about management who needs to get the most bang for buck in order to find a replacement, and bigger clubs are also at fault for tapping up the player to undermine negotiations.

its hard to fault anyone, even if the situation seems "ungracious". but i always have a soft spot for players who spend time to credit their experience with us sincerely and personally, and not bad mouth the club or situation after they have gone.

never pictured you as that kind of guy to be frank. you seemed to insinuate that you appreciate how things work in the cold light of day

either way i wouldnt care less if he used media pressure to engineer a move personally.

With Modric I have consistently said the player was bound into a relationship with Mamic which bordered on paternal in some sense. Bale was responding to questions about playing abroad. I personally take the view that he has gone out of his way not to drop speculation-bombs in the press. If he was interested on engineering a move, and if his agent (Jonathan Barnet) was interested in engineering a move publicly, they would have done so. The truth is, the club and player have a very good relationship, so any of that stuff is going to happen with respect and behind closed doors at this time. I believe the only time an issue could possibly arise, is if all parties agree to a sale, if the buyer says they're prepared to pay X amount and then decides to try and cheapen the price by stalling/being the only player in town who feels they can get away with it. Levy doesn't go for that! It is exactly what happened with Modric last summer. Madrid agreed a fee of 35 mill, saw the deal virtually done early in the summer, and then said they'd only pay 27 mill and did everything to get the agent/player to make it happen at that price. Luckily Levy told them to fudge off and got 32 mill (still not 35 but considering the tactics, a good deal).

Of course, here's hoping we get CL, can give Bale a pay-rise and keep him another season at least from Madrid!

Im not so sure if the price will drop as quickly as the years drop on his contract DHSF, i used to think like that that once the was 2 years or less on a contract then the value dropped quickly but when you see the price arsenal still managed to get with van persie last year and also we paid 10m+ for verts and dembele with just 12 months left on their contracts.

You also wonder how much bale would be worth with 15 goals in a season and the fear factor he puts into the opposition. I would agree we should try and give him a new 4 year contract at the end of the season when we get champs league, then we should be able to hang onto him for another 2 years at least.

As long as he moves to spain or italy i wont mind if he goes to an english club i will be sad, but from hearing him talk he fancies trying his luck abroad at some point anyway and i say good luck to the lad.

I am not suggesting that his value will drop pro rata over the remaining length of his contract i.e. 15m a year (assuming 60m value) but once two years remains its either sell him for less than 60m (which it will drop) or risk losing him on a free. I think Levy will definitely offer him a years extension to get it back to four years - effectively a rolling four year contract.

I think Bale is intelligent enough to realise that he is still 23 and has around seven years at the top remaining - I say seven as pace plays a big factor in his talents on the pitch.

thats the one

He didn't say 'he was gone' though. He said, when asked, that yes, he would have to consider his future. That future was considered and considered behind closed doors this past summer, not in the press.

Again, he's done it the right way IMO...and again, hope he stays another season at least!!!

this is the reality of it. plain and simple.... i feel this is the football fans equivalent to a realistic expectation

Anyone who does not think his potential transfer to Madrid this summer was not discussed LAST summer by player, agent and chairman is (IMO) naive. I am stone-cold sure there have been discussions and various scenarios described/articulated with regards to demands/desires of the player and club.

The key here is mutual respect. The player, club, chairman and agent all have respect for each other.

its not just mutual respect, its got to work out for the both clubs (price mostly, sometimes timing) and the player (e.g. personal/family issues). i don't think bale is tempted by all that bright lights big city hoo-hah, he just wants to get on with his football and for that I believe he will stay if we get CL. and if we can do that two-three seasons in a row, who knows, it might workout for club and player for the long haul.

never. stop. believing.

Anyone who does not think his potential transfer to Madrid this summer was not discussed LAST summer by player, agent and chairman is (IMO) naive. I am stone-cold sure there have been discussions and various scenarios described/articulated with regards to demands/desires of the player and club.

The key here is mutual respect. The player, club, chairman and agent all have respect for each other.

AVB said that they'd already talked at length with Bale about his future.

Say a prayer for defenders who have to handle Bale after Welsh wizard mesmerises Toon
By Phil Gradwell
10 February 2013

He's as good as Cristiano Ronaldo, could play two positions in a world XI and defenders need divine intervention to stop him.

When even opponents are lavishing praise like that on Gareth Bale, you know he is on a superb run of form. He is having a fantastic time of it in 2013.

The Tottenham winger put in one of the supreme performances of this season on Saturday, scoring twice against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to secure a 2-1 win.

There have been comparisons with Ronaldo and Lionel Messi over the past few days. Many will scoff and say Bale is not in the class of La Liga's galacticos, but at least one player would put him in their bracket.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine defender Steven Taylor spoke of how terrifying it is for an opponent to face an inform Bale and insisted the only thing he and his team-mates could do was seek assistance from a higher power.

Taylor said: 'For me, Gareth Bale is a world-beater. He is the complete player. It is like playing Ronaldo. He is one of a kind - he is like Cristiano Ronaldo, one of those who can produce that bit of magic. You have to be on your toes all the time and just pray to GHod that he doesn't score.'

Taylor's manager Alan Pardew agreed. After seeing the Welsh wizard destroy his side, he said: 'If you picked a world XI there is no doubt in my mind that Bale would play left midfield.

'He could probably play left back as well.'

Bale's first goal on Saturday was Ronaldo-esque, a free-kick that dipped and found Tim Krul's bottom left-hand corner. His second was all about pace, determination and a cool head.

Of course, there are minor quibbles. He should have had a hat-trick, and his miss with his right foot near the end shows he needs to improve on his weaker side.

Ronaldo set the benchmark with a 33-minute hat-trick that felt almost inevitable against Sevilla on Saturday.

Bale is not quite at the Real Madrid star's level - let's be honest, only one player is - but one of his teammates insists he is perfect.

Lewis Holtby only joined from Schalke last month but playing with Bale has blown him away.

The Germany midfielder said: 'He's one of the best in the world I think. What he's producing week in week out is fantastic.
'Of course, he scores goals, he is perfect for us. To have a player like Bale makes the difference.'

It could make the difference in attracting players to White Hart Lane, as well.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas believes Bale playing so well encourages others, such as Holtby, to join the club so they can play with the 23-year-old.

The Portuguese boss said: 'People also move when they find other players are able to promote their own potential. 'I think this is key to the other players too.

'One player can be great in individual moments of brilliance and can help other players have those moments too.
'Gareth has that effect. He's on a par with the best in the world for sure.'

Bale started on the left on Saturday but has licence to roam and Villas-Boas likes to see him pop up all over the pitch - as Ronaldo does for Real.
This freedom has helped Bale on this superb run - he has scored five goals in four games over 10 days for club and country - but his form has led to inevitable accusations that Tottenham are a one-man team.

Villas-Boas insisted: 'The team are not reliant on one player,' but added: 'There is a natural tendency for any team to look for any players who can solve any situations and think that is the case more often.'

Bale might not be up with the world's greatest just yet, but he is certainly the best of British right now, and if he keeps up this form, more opponents won't have a prayer when it comes to stopping him.

-------------------------

Back