• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gallas

Great to have Gallas back. Amazing how much difference it can make having someone out there to make sure everyone knows what they're doing.

Did well to look as comfortable as he did on such a day. You just feel like there's another hamstring pull up just round the corner though, hopefully not as Gallas could be key for us, such a savy signing but injury has dampened the intended effect unfortunately.

Just to have him and a reasonably fit Ledley would be such a massive boost. Gallas and Kaboul for the season now where possible.

I don't see how he was bullied by Droghba anymore than was to be expected. Drogba has given all of Vidic, Toure and Skrtel a bullying at some stage of just about every game put up against each other.

The important part for a defender being bullied by someone like Drogba is how he recovers, keeps balance, gets in Drogbas face again, wrongfoots him, presses him into mistakes, premature finishes and poor decisions.

Gallas did that very well, as well as anyone I have seen.

Many defenders just fold when being beaten physically and not few roll over in the hunt for a foul. Gallas just keeps going even if Drogba e.g. beats him to the ball, then controls it, then turns towards goal, even if he manages all three Gallas is STILL on feet to try to prevent the finish or final pass. That's great defending, not fudging errors !

Think the fact that he has been out for so long means that not only is he fresh for our run-in, he's absolutely champing at the bit to play.

Sometimes he can look a bit cumbersome but boy his reading of the game is still spot on. And I am both delighted and aghast at once at the way he sometimes lurks up front even after a ball has been cleared from the opposition area...

BILLY G FOR PRESIDENT

Does Gallas playing against Swansea while King played against Bolton in the FA-cup mean that Gallas is first choice ahead of King at the moment? I think it might...

Does Gallas playing against Swansea while King played against Bolton in the FA-cup mean that Gallas is first choice ahead of King at the moment? I think it might...

Will be very interesting to see who plays against Sunderland and who plays in the FA Cup semi.

I also said this when King and Nelson started against Bolton last week. Thought it showed that Redknapp now considers Gallas and Kaboul to be his first choice pair. I would say rightly so as well. On current form Gallas and Kaboul both look more comfortable than King (who I think is now starting to look like a player that cannot train).

I also said this when King and Nelson started against Bolton last week. Thought it showed that Redknapp now considers Gallas and Kaboul to be his first choice pair. I would say rightly so as well. On current form Gallas and Kaboul both look more comfortable than King (who I think is now starting to look like a player that cannot train).

Whilst this is an awful realisation, and acceptance of inevitability, I think this is now more and more the case.

I hope King (and whoever is our Manager next season) realise this with good grace... I'd rather see King play a handful of games well, (as a squad player) than try to push his knee beyond what it can cope with, and him try to put in 25+ or so struggling performances... I think 2012/13 will be King's last, but hopefully, we can remember his career as a ONE CLUB MAN - a rare breed indeed nowadays!

GHod SAVE THE KING!!!

Gallas thread?

Went down a few pages and could not find one.

Worst performance by a central defender i can remember, worse then when ledleys knees went last year. The guy is finished. The are goals now against us when he plays.

Re: Gallas thread?

I thought he was quite good, not helped by Walker. Every time a cross comes from the left he has to watch for his player and checked if Walker is in the correct position or if he has to cover for him too.

I don't rate much of the defending shown by our players in the second half Gallas was not alone, but you have to give them all credit for going until the final whistle.

i agree walker was awful and i wish we could replace him but yeah im so happy we won but lets not gloss over it. Gallas is finished that was shocking today.

Not sure what he was doing for their second goal - between defending and midfielder

But I thought he was good but not first choice against the Utds of this world.

His fault for the second goal and was in no mans land a number of times when they played balls through the middle.

We beat Man Utd for first time in 23 years and there is a thread slating or captain..

Brilliant, ****s

Back