• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

I share one wth Adebayor. Shoot me.

i share mine with Cesc Fabregas

sherlock-sad-confused-drunk.gif

According to the Daily Mail, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy asked technical director Franco Baldini to help seal a move for Clinton N'Jie - despite the Italian's imminent exit.

Spurs are set to tie up a move for the Cameroon international according to the Daily Mail, with the 21-year-old Lyon star costing Tottenham around £10m.

With blistering pace and superb technical ability for his age, N'Jie should go some way to easing some of the burden on star striker Harry Kane in Mauricio Pochettino's attack.

Yet now, the Daily Mail have given an insight into the workings of the deal, revealing that chairman Daniel Levy actually asked technical director Franco Baldini for help securing the move.

Baldini has become a much-maligned figure at White Hart Lane, having been the man behind Tottenham's dreadful transfer window two years ago, which saw Spurs sign flops like Vlad Chiriches, Etienne Capoue, Paulinho and Roberto Soldado.

The report states that, whilst Baldini will leave Spurs in a matter of weeks, Levy asked the Italian to help sign N'Jie given his relationship with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas.

With Baldini only overseeing exits from White Hart Lane until his departure, the move to sign N'Jie is almost certainly his last involvement in any incoming deal for Spurs; and supporters just have to hope that N'Jie proves to be more of a success than Chiriches, Capoue, Paulinho and Soldado.

According to the Daily Mail, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy asked technical director Franco Baldini to help seal a move for Clinton N'Jie - despite the Italian's imminent exit.

Spurs are set to tie up a move for the Cameroon international according to the Daily Mail, with the 21-year-old Lyon star costing Tottenham around £10m.

With blistering pace and superb technical ability for his age, N'Jie should go some way to easing some of the burden on star striker Harry Kane in Mauricio Pochettino's attack.

Yet now, the Daily Mail have given an insight into the workings of the deal, revealing that chairman Daniel Levy actually asked technical director Franco Baldini for help securing the move.

Baldini has become a much-maligned figure at White Hart Lane, having been the man behind Tottenham's dreadful transfer window two years ago, which saw Spurs sign flops like Vlad Chiriches, Etienne Capoue, Paulinho and Roberto Soldado.

The report states that, whilst Baldini will leave Spurs in a matter of weeks, Levy asked the Italian to help sign N'Jie given his relationship with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas.

With Baldini only overseeing exits from White Hart Lane until his departure, the move to sign N'Jie is almost certainly his last involvement in any incoming deal for Spurs; and supporters just have to hope that N'Jie proves to be more of a success than Chiriches, Capoue, Paulinho and Soldado.

Or he's not leaving, and it's business as usual. Like Poch said the other day

I suspect it will be announced at the end of this month, perhaps during a time of major stories elsewhere so it gets a bit less spotlight on him and the club

I suspect it will be announced at the end of this month, perhaps during a time of major stories elsewhere so it gets a bit less spotlight on him and the club

Or the stories earlier in the summer were wrong/lifted from message board rumours.

The fact that it appeared in the Telegraph (who were and have been much more accurate about most stories this last year) swung it for me

The Telegraph are as guilty as the other papers of recycling stories printed elsewhere. I am not saying that it is not true (I have no idea) but the fact that the stories had no quote, there has been no comment from the club and there have not been any follow up stories, make it seem less credible.

The Telegraph are as guilty as the other papers of recycling stories printed elsewhere. I am not saying that it is not true (I have no idea) but the fact that the stories had no quote, there has been no comment from the club and there have not been any follow up stories, make it seem less credible.

Well, that could have been said of at least two of the transfers that we completed, which the Telegraph broke first before they happened: Trippier and Alderweireld (ths one i didn't believe until the final minute).
I'm not surprised the club wouldn't comment tbh as its quite a sensitive story when you think about it. Also bear in mind that the club so far have not actively denied it either (happy to be corrected on this if i've missed something).

Well, that could have been said of at least two of the transfers that we completed, which the Telegraph broke first before they happened: Trippier and Alderweireld (ths one i didn't believe until the final minute).

I'm not surprised the club wouldn't comment tbh as its quite a sensitive story when you think about it. Also bear in mind that the club so far have not actively denied it either (happy to be corrected on this if i've missed something).

The Telegraph has had massive cuts to its number of journalists and much of its online content is now sub-Buzzfeed click bait. Private Eye write about how bad things are there in most issues. It is a shame because the Telegraph's sports coverage was amongst the best on Fleet Street.

I can't comment on whether they broke the stories on Alderweireld or Trippier, it wasn't something that I had paid attention to but neither transfer thread on here has a Telegraph story as its first press link.

If he is off, I do not think that it is a sensitive story. I can see why you would not want to comment whilst he is negotiating deals but once the window closed you would just issue a standard "We thank Franco for all his hard work and wish him the best for the future..." statement. I would expect us to replace him if he is off. I cannot see the story being of much interest after a day or two.

The Telegraph has had massive cuts to its number of journalists and much of its online content is now sub-Buzzfeed click bait. Private Eye write about how bad things are there in most issues. It is a shame because the Telegraph's sports coverage was amongst the best on Fleet Street.

I can't comment on whether they broke the stories on Alderweireld or Trippier, it wasn't something that I had paid attention to but neither transfer thread on here has a Telegraph story as its first press link.

If he is off, I do not think that it is a sensitive story. I can see why you would not want to comment whilst he is negotiating deals but once the window closed you would just issue a standard "We thank Franco for all his hard work and wish him the best for the future..." statement. I would expect us to replace him if he is off. I cannot see the story being of much interest after a day or two.

As i say we will see. But to have a story lingering around that your Director of Football is leaving once the window has shut and you not come out and actually say it's flimflam speaks volumes - unless we are trying to find a replacement first so we can make a comment on the same day as unveiling his replacement, which would likely work out better for us from a PR point of view i would imagine

Steady now.
That is actually very very hard to do

Telegraph has gone downhill generally i'd agree (the linked articles are hilarious!), but their sports section still holds up well compared to the rest of the paper and compared to the sports sections of other papers.

With regards to Baldini, time will tell as i say

Back