• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

So why has he been released then if he was doing such a great job?

I know by what I've seen over the past couple of years; Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado, Fazio, Capoue, Chiriches.

Maybe Capello has asked him to join him for his next venture (a soon TBC international team)?

Maybe Levy wants more of a CEO than a DoF now the scouting infrastructure has been fixed and the stadium build is the new priority area?

Maybe Baldini wants to leave England after nearly a decade here and spend more time with his grandkids?

Lots of possible reasons.

You can also balance Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado, Fazio, Capoue, Chiriches with Dier, Davies, Wimmer, Alder, Eriksen, Alli, Chadli, Son, Njie. In fact a 50% strike rate is well above average in the transfer game.

The fact that his later signings were better than his initial ones attests to his work of overhauling the scouting and analysis department

It was reported he had no involvement with in comings this summer and was tasked with selling players, iirc

Maybe Capello has asked him to join him for his next venture (a soon TBC international team)?

Maybe Levy wants more of a CEO than a DoF now the scouting infrastructure has been fixed and the stadium build is the new priority area?

Maybe Baldini wants to leave England after nearly a decade here and spend more time with his grandkids?

Lots of possible reasons.

You can also balance Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado, Fazio, Capoue, Chiriches with Dier, Davies, Wimmer, Alder, Eriksen, Alli, Chadli, Son, Njie. In fact a 50% strike rate is well above average in the transfer game.

The fact that his later signings were better than his initial ones attests to his work of overhauling the scouting and analysis department

To early to say that for the ones in bold IMO.

If we assume that Bale was already half way out the door when he arrived, I think that Baldini leaves the club with a stronger squad than we had when he joined.

The team was at the end of a cycle (most teams go through 4-5 year S-curve cycles). King, van der Vaart and Modric had all recently left too, and a lot of our players were ageing.

We're now at the start of the cycle, and have completely rejuvenated our squad with a zero net spend.

I think like Comolli before him, most of Baldini's work will come to fruition 2-3 years after he's left the club (when his signings start to peak).

If we assume that Bale was already half way out the door when he arrived, I think that Baldini leaves the club with a stronger squad than we had when he joined.

And at what must be close to zero net spend.

Criticise who you want, just expect to provide some logic/reasoning/evidence if pulled up on it :)

Back