• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Re: Is our Premiership season over?

Thing is, what if we somehow actually did finish Top 4? What would we do? Would we still have a fire sale and sell half the players cos we think they are rubbish? And get rid of a crap clueless manager, and bring in a Dutchman?;)

Ah, you're forgetting something. If we snatch 4th place, everything will be well again on the good ship Tottenham, at least until about October when, sitting 11th in the league Sherwood will be sacked and a new manager brought in. The fire sale will then take place next January...

Re: Is our Premiership season over?

ain't over until the fat lady sings.

This 100%.

Too much doom and gloom in here & with Spurs fans in general. We still have a good squad. Sure there is a gap to Liverpool and we have a really tough run of games not that far away, but we haven't suddenly become sh*t overnight. Our performances are inconsistent. It was only 2 games ago we were having an absolute BLINDER away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If we find consistency, we can still be close at the end. Just hope Sherwood irons out some of his decision-making... gets Eriksen into the fold as a mainstay of the side... rotates Bentaleb a bit... and it would help if Kaboul could magically become injury-free.

Plus, Liverpool haven't stuttered yet. Maybe they won't at all. But I am sure they HAVE to at some point. Starting this weekend. If we can beat Cardiff and Saints do us a favour (tough away game for Liverpool), it's back to where we recently were. Admittedly it's likely Scousers will win with the SAS on fire, but it's not over till it's over....

Funnily enough, I've got a strange feeling that it is the Arsnl we coul catch rather than Livercum. They look a bit flakey at the moment. Large loss to the Scum, failed to score against United and were very lucky to beat pool yesterday. They are still in three competitions and have two hard matchs against Bayern in the CL and Everton in the FA Cup.

With this fixture congestion, number of hard games, and a relatively thin squad behind their first team, if they pich up a few key injuries, I could see them dropping quite a few points in the PL.

It would be just fantastic to edge them out of fourth.......[-o<

I for one hadn't appreciated how hard Arsenal's run of games over the next few weeks is. If we beat Cardiff and beat **** at our place, the gap is effectively four points. They still have to play Chelsea, City, Everton, us and they've got CL and FA cup to keep them busy too.
Could it be???

I for one hadn't appreciated how hard Arsenal's run of games over the next few weeks is. If we beat Cardiff and beat **** at our place, the gap is effectively four points. They still have to play Chelsea, City, Everton, us and they've got CL and FA cup to keep them busy too.
Could it be???

Unfortunately we also have to go to Chelsea and Liverpool which will probably cancel out their games v Chelsea and City. Once they have played Everton I think they have an easier run-in than us, I can see them getting 15pts from those 5 games.
The key to it all is winning the NLD, which I think is beyond us with our current mentality in those games (as mentioned in the Arsnal thread)
If we do happen to win the NLD, we still need to be ahead of them with 5 to go, which for me means getting something from the trips to Anfield and Chelsea. My maths says we might need 2 draws or even a win from one, to stand a chance.

Time to go and do the Prem Predictor me thinks

Unfortunately we also have to go to Chelsea and Liverpool which will probably cancel out their games v Chelsea and City. Once they have played Everton I think they have an easier run-in than us, I can see them getting 15pts from those 5 games.
The key to it all is winning the NLD, which I think is beyond us with our current mentality in those games (as mentioned in the Arsnal thread)
If we do happen to win the NLD, we still need to be ahead of them with 5 to go, which for me means getting something from the trips to Anfield and Chelsea. My maths says we might need 2 draws or even a win from one, to stand a chance.

Time to go and do the Prem Predictor me thinks

If we win today, we are 6 points behind. If we win the NLD, only three points behind. A hard ask, but not unachieveable.

If we win today, we are 6 points behind. If we win the NLD, only three points behind. A hard ask, but not unachieveable.

love your optimism Pirate...personally the Norwich defeat has shaken my belief...

we have to win today or its curtains imo....and then we have to try and get something at the bridge...not that I believe we can....

sorry to sound depressing but not enough of our signings have turned it on for us...Lamela = disaster Soldado = pretty much the same....we needed something special from these players where we invested the cash and it just hasnt happened.

As for winning the NLD....well we have to move heaven and earth to beat that horrible lot....everying in my head is now saying we are going to come up short...I really hope our players can step up and prove me wrong!!!

love your optimism Pirate...personally the Norwich defeat has shaken my belief...

we have to win today or its curtains imo....and then we have to try and get something at the bridge...not that I believe we can....

sorry to sound depressing but not enough of our signings have turned it on for us...Lamela = disaster Soldado = pretty much the same....we needed something special from these players where we invested the cash and it just hasnt happened.

As for winning the NLD....well we have to move heaven and earth to beat that horrible lot....everying in my head is now saying we are going to come up short...I really hope our players can step up and prove me wrong!!!

My brain agrees with you, but my heart....... I just really hope our big signings like Soldado, invisiblinho, Lamela can show their worth and form in these last few games.

It might be for the best that we lose the big games so that those last 7-8 can be used for the players like Lamela to get their game time without pressure.

Results from last years fixtures against our next 10 opponents.

Chelsea (A) Drew
Arsenal (H) Won
Southampton (H) Won
Liverpool (A) Lost
Sunderland (H) Won
West Brom (A) Won
Fulham (H) Lost
Stoke (A) Won
West Ham (A) Won
Villa (H) Won

We managed to take 22 points out of a possible 30 with those games last year. The same return would see us finish on 75 points this season, but in all likelihood 78-79 points will be the cut off point for top four this year so we will need at least 8 wins from these next 10 to even be in with a shout. It's gonna be horrible two months.

Makes it even more frustrating that we couldnt pick up 3 points against Norwich last week. League would be looking a lot tastier.

Race_For_CL_Estimation.jpg

It keeps coming down to that final round and Norwich - Arsenal.

If we don't up our level of performance, both of those teams will sweep us aside.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. But we may just suddenly click. Sandro and Dembele shore up the middle, Eriksen and Lamela provide stardust and Soldado finds his scoring boots. Stranger things have happened.

If we don't up our level of performance, both of those teams will sweep us aside.

Very rarely have I thought after a game against a relegation candidate that "this performance would also be good enough against a top team", it's like comparing apples and bicycles....

Normally, I'd have faith we'd raise our game. But we have taken a few hammerings this season, so I don't really know what to expect.

Makes it even more frustrating that we couldnt pick up 3 points against Norwich last week. League would be looking a lot tastier.

I think deep down I lost faith in the top 4 race from that point.
I just want us to win the NLD and i'll probably be ok with our other games...

Back