• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Re: Is our Premiership season over?

as long as Kolo Toure is playing for the dippers, we stand a chance…but then we have Daws and Rose…ouch!

Over? No, I won't have that! We can still fall several places yet.

Thing is with football, just when you think it's all going pear-shaped something different happens. Today's abject performance reminded me of our dismal 1-1 draw at home to WBA which convinced me we had absolutely no hope of finishing fourth, then we won the next four PL games on the spin. So who knows, maybe we'll go on another run like that, catch the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all on a bad day :)eek:) and ... and ...

Hope springs eternal.

Remaining games*:

Southampton 2-2 Liverpool
Spurs 3-0 Cardiff
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7 points ahead

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Cardiff 1-3 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Southampton
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 2-2 Spurs
Liverpool 4 points ahead

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 2 points ahead

Liverpool 2-2 Emirates Marketing Project
West Brom 0-1 Spurs
Liverpool lead on goal difference

Norwich 0-3 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Fulham

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Spurs
How's it look now

Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool
West Ham 0-1 Spurs
How's it look now

Liverpool 3-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Spurs 2-1 Aston Villa
How's it look now???

*Disclaimer - I don't actually think any of this will happen. Not without injuries to Suarez/Sturridge, us going out of Europe and getting our best players on the pitch and in form. And a load of luck. But it is still (faintly) possible.

and so it was foretold...

scary thing is that it's not entirely implausible :eek:

I think the Danny Rose as our only left back farce perfectly sums up a season which has just left me scratching my head from start to finish.

I just don't understand it. How have we so many points. How have we been spanked by so much so many times. How have we still not managed to find any fluency even at this stage of the season? How is Sherwood our manager? What on earth is Levy thinking?

I am just lost. I actually feel like I don't understand football right now lol

Remaining games*:

Spurs 3-0 Cardiff
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7 points ahead

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Cardiff 1-3 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Southampton
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 2-2 Spurs
Liverpool 4 points ahead

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 2 points ahead

West Brom 0-1 Spurs

Norwich 0-3 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Fulham

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Spurs
How's it look now

West Ham 0-1 Spurs
How's it look now

Spurs 2-1 Aston Villa
How's it look now???

*Disclaimer - I don't actually think any of this will happen. Not without injuries to Suarez/Sturridge, us going out of Europe and getting our best players on the pitch and in form. And a load of luck. But it is still (faintly) possible.

If this happens (i.e. Spurs finish above Liverpool) I will happily donate £50 to the running of this site

Spot on.

Disappointing today, but it's not over yet. Would we say that it's over if we had the lead Liverpool have on us right now, I'm guessing no...

Exactly this. Didn't the Arsnl make up 7 points on us a couple if seasons back. We just aren't at the races at the moment. Play two up top every game from now on an just go for it. Hopefully Lamela can get a run soon . Play Eriksen in the hole in all games from now on and put Sandro and Kaboul in the team even if half fit. Townsend to start games. Go for goals and lets at least be entertained and see where it takes us.

Remaining games*:

Spurs 3-0 Cardiff
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7 points ahead

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Cardiff 1-3 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Southampton
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 2-2 Spurs
Liverpool 4 points ahead

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 2 points ahead

West Brom 0-1 Spurs

Norwich 0-3 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Fulham

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Spurs
How's it look now

West Ham 0-1 Spurs
How's it look now

Spurs 2-1 Aston Villa
How's it look now???

That's a big like from me!

Stranger things have happened - but not to us !!!!!

Anyone see Danny Murphy's snippet on Liverpool's defence during MOTD 2 tonight?

Truly shocking at times, I've noticed it before but it is a big weak point which could be taken advantage of by pretty much any team. Keep Suarez and Sturridge at bay and you have a good chance of beating them. Also they seem to be in great form but potentially at the wrong time of the season, now on until the end is when a great run truly counts, can have a negative effect on your rivals.

I think the Danny Rose as our only left back farce perfectly sums up a season which has just left me scratching my head from start to finish.

I just don't understand it. How have we so many points. How have we been spanked by so much so many times. How have we still not managed to find any fluency even at this stage of the season? How is Sherwood our manager? What on earth is Levy thinking?

I am just lost. I actually feel like I don't understand football right now lol

Thanks mate, summed it up for me

Watched the game, those exact thoughts went through my head time and time again.

The season is over. Top four is virtually impossible now given based on our performances at lowly teams like Hull and Norwich we will drop more points in those games, and I'd be surprised if we win any of our league games in March after Cardiff. But finishing above Man Utd and Everton has to be the aim. 5th looks better to any prospective signings, trust me.

A more accurate prediction of our chances of top four - Remaining games:

Spurs 2-0 Cardiff
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 4-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7 points ahead

Man Utd 2-2 Liverpool
Spurs 1-2 Arsenal
Liverpool 8 points ahead

Cardiff 1-3 Liverpool
Spurs 1-1 Southampton
Liverpool 10 points ahead

Liverpool 3-1 Spurs
Liverpool 13 points ahead

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 11 points ahead

West Brom 0-1 Spurs
Liverpool 9 points ahead

Norwich 0-3 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Fulham
Liverpool 9 points ahead

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Spurs
Liverpool 9 points ahead

West Ham 2-1 Spurs
Liverpool 12 points ahead

Spurs 2-1 Aston Villa
Liverpool 12 points ahead

Sorry if but that's my expected results, so I think we'll end up even further away from 4th than we are. We'll probably finished about 9 or 10 points off 4th placed Arsenal when they have their usual title choke. Just hope we finish the season in 5th now and actually attempt to play some good footy.

I had written the season off long before AVB was sacked.
I think our league games should be us building for next season and bringing players through.

I want to see Eriksen given the rest of the season in central midfield in a Modric role.
I want Lamela to play every minute he's available to get him up to speed.
I wanna see Veljkovic given his debut. And I wanna see Fryers play at left back instead of Rose.

We have nothing to lose and I want us to go out and play football.

Remaining games*:

Spurs 3-0 Cardiff
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland
Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7 points ahead

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Cardiff 1-3 Liverpool
Spurs 2-1 Southampton
Liverpool 4 points ahead

Liverpool 2-2 Spurs
Liverpool 4 points ahead

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool
Spurs 2-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 2 points ahead

West Brom 0-1 Spurs

Norwich 0-3 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Fulham

Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea
Stoke 1-1 Spurs
How's it look now

West Ham 0-1 Spurs
How's it look now

Spurs 2-1 Aston Villa
How's it look now???

It certainly works for Uncle Mike regarding Arsenal predictions.

But realistically, today's result casts a pall that will make enjoying the remainder of the season a challenge. I give my very best to support Spurs emotionally and intellectually. This makes me feel cheated. We should be beating clubs of this calibre with some comfort. Now, we're relying on help from other clubs and fate to frown on Liverpool. That's hardly cause to get excited when we should have enough talent to look out for ourselves.

No, the missus is going to find Sunday mornings have become just a little more cozy in the sack as I won't be ignoring her to nip away and catch Spurs on telly.

We've never got going all season have we. Can't see us doing it now with some of the games we have coming up. Takes us an hour to get going, unfortunately that's too late when you play the top teams, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project can kill you off in 20 minutes if they hit form.

Liverpool are flying and score goals for fun, we just don't have enough players who can score frequently enough.

Exactly. even if we play 442 with lennon townsend eriksen ade and sold ado I dont think theres enough goals let alone playing dembele bentaleb sandro

i think we are done. more of a concern to me is i have a feeling so are Llloris, Verts and Soldado.

good riddance to soldado. we can save the 13m in appearance money and will even make some money back - sell him for even 10 million and it will be a 3 million pound mistake instead of 26 million

Last edited:
Back