• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

United have a v winnable stretch of games but shouldn't overtake us I don't think. I was surprised to see **** drop 2 points tonight and not surprised to see Everton beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We effectively need **** to draw with Everton, lose to City and one other and we need to win all our games! Everton have some tough games in their run-in so I think we should out-point them even if they beat ****. All a bit mad really and all that said, all the scenarios presuppose we'll win pretty much all of our remaining gamesn which of course we won't!

Remaining fixtures:

Arsenal (currently 4th, 63pts, 7 games left)

Emirates Marketing Project (H) L
Everton (A) L
West Ham (H) W
Hull (A) D
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H) W
West Brom (H) W
Norwich (A) W

76pts

Everton (currently 5th, 57pts, 8 games left)

Fulham (A) W
Arsenal (H) W
Sunderland (A) D
Crystal Palace (H) W
Man Utd (H) D
Southampton (A) D
Hull (A) D

70pts

Spurs (currently 6th, 56pts, 7 games left)

Liverpool (A) L
Sunderland (H) W
West Brom (A) W
Fulham (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Ham (A) D
Aston Villa (H) W

72 pts

Fixtures are in our favour but I think we've left ourselves with too much to do. If we do equal or better our record points total in a season many see as a disaster, how strange!

I would absolutely :ross: :ross: :ross: if we managed to take 4th. It would be the most undeserving 4th placed finish ever I think. Only about 3 games all season have we looked like a proper football team.

:ross:

Both brilliant posts. I just think Alan Hansen's face whilst trying to explain how the McF@ck we managed it would be the icing on the quite simply hilarious cake.

I can't find a glossary on the Squawka site.

FWIW, here are the goals OPTA have attributed to defensive errors by our players this season:

Dawson for the 0-1 at the Emirates. - harsh but being behind when holding a line isn't unusual in an offside trap. I balked him the and do now but it was hardly an individual error of note for these stats
Paulinho for the 0-1 at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. - again he did lose the ball but there were 4 defenders behind him iirc. Losing the ball around the half way line and costing You a goal Is marginal to be highlighted as an individual error in my book
Vertonghen and Lloris for 2 of the 6 at the Etihad. - sure there were more at this game
Walker for Rooney' first equaliser in the 2-2 draw with ManU. - can't honestly remember that one

Lloris for the 2nd of Southampton' goals in the 3-2 win at St Mary's. - when he came out, ok I get that
Adebayor for WBA' equaliser in the 1-1 draw. - sliced clearance in our area so I get that one
Bentaleb for Norwich' winner in the 0-1 at Carrow Road. - again they ran with it from half way... Maybe I'm being too soft as it was an error but on the half way line. Would they blame Soldado for missing and the opposition going down the other end?
Rose for Hull' equaliser in the 1-1 at the KC Stadium. - watched they whole game and remember bugger all of it
Vertonghen, Sandro and Walker at Stamford Bridge. - yep 100%
Naughton' 2 errors on Sunday. Yep 100%

It's a harsh way to look at it and ultimately we have been the **** of of cup ups when it comes to. Ost of the goals we have conceded. I remember saying not long ago we havent conceded many great goals until Rosickys... Some great play against us leading to goals but generally been assisted by overall team incompetence

Despite predictable and continuing collapse of Arsenal, I can't see us finishing about them. Even considering we're mentally better now and about the same level on the pitch. We've lost our most important game 2 weeks ago failing to convert chances, a bit unfairly.

However, Everton still has some chances, a momentum and an overall better squad if you take injuries into count. The decisive game will likely be played in 2 weeks at Goodison.

Anyway, I'll be celebrating the day when scum goes to Europe League. With us or without - I don't really care.

Last edited:
It's a harsh way to look at it and ultimately we have been the **** of of cup ups when it comes to. Ost of the goals we have conceded. I remember saying not long ago we havent conceded many great goals until Rosickys... Some great play against us leading to goals but generally been assisted by overall team incompetence

Walker' error against ManU was after Jones crossed it in and Kyle shinned the ball back across the 6 yard box straight to Rooney. http://windycoys.com/2013/12/analysis-of-the-goals-conceded-against-manchester-united-112/

At Hull it was Rose (not Jelavic) who flicked their goal-kick straight into Long' path http://windycoys.com/2014/02/analysis-of-the-goal-conceded-against-hull-city-12/

I agree that the error calls against Dawson, Paulinho and Bentaleb are a tad harsh as each could be attributed to team-mates' subsequent gaffes leading up to those goals. Even excluding those dubious calls the other dozen more clear-cut brainfarts have still arguably cost us 7pts this season (2pts against ManU, Hull and WBA plus 1pt at Stamford Bridge).

Fingers crossed that Liverpool' error prone back line gift us a couple of goals on Sunday, in return for the presents Walker and Defoe gave them in the 2-3 loss at Anfield last season.

Remaining fixtures:

Everton (A) L
West Ham (H) W
Hull (A) D
West Brom (H) W
Norwich (A) W

76pts

Fulham (A) W
Arsenal (H) W
Sunderland (A) D
Crystal Palace (H) W
Man Utd (H) D
Southampton (A) D
Hull (A) D

70pts

Liverpool (A) L
Sunderland (H) W
West Brom (A) W
Fulham (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Ham (A) D
Aston Villa (H) W

72 pts

Fixtures are in our favour but I think we've left ourselves with too much to do. If we do equal or better our record points total in a season many see as a disaster, how strange!

You realy see us winning 5 of the last 6 games ?

Hehehe !

You realy see us winning 5 of the last 6 games ?

Hehehe !

Yeah. Whatever you think of Sherwood (and I have serious reservations about him), his record against the bottom half teams is very good. Our fixtures after Liverpool are all good and actually they're all against teams that are out of form apart from Stoke. With Stoke, though, I just feel we owe them one at their ground where they have been ridiculously flukey against us in recent seasons. I think we'll win all our remaining home fixtures and our away record is the best in the league and we're not playing anyone decent after 'Pool.

I also have Everton & Arsenal winning all their home fixtures against anyone who isn't top 8 and winning all the less tricky away fixtures, so they could easily drop more points than i've given them also.

Ultimately, with our fixtures, i expect us to finish on at least 70 points and probably should be looking for 72 realistically. I don't think that is a lot to expect given the fixtures and the fact that our injury list should be seriously clearing up in the next couple of weeks with Dawson, Chiriches, Lamela, Dembele all returning to training.

Remaining fixtures:

Everton (A) L

West Ham (H) W
Hull (A) D
West Brom (H) W
Norwich (A) W

76pts

Fulham (A) W
Arsenal (H) W
Sunderland (A) D
Crystal Palace (H) W
Man Utd (H) D
Southampton (A) D
Hull (A) D

70pts

Liverpool (A) L
Sunderland (H) W
West Brom (A) W
Fulham (H) W
Stoke (A) W
West Ham (A) D
Aston Villa (H) W

72 pts

You have us only losing to Liverpool, **** only losing to City and Everton and Everton only losing to City.. This is the Premier League, you can be sure there will be many slip ups in there somewhere.. most probably by us ;)

Plus, i'd also point out a lot of our really bad performances have come after Europa League fixtures. Well, we're out of all the cups now so no distractions. Sherwood has a full weeks training before every fixture. He's also starting to see players like Chadli and Soldado come into some kind of form and the last few fixtures with Chadli operating in the hole and Eriksen linking from the left have looked very promising, performance wise.

You add into that, that Arsenal have the FA cup fixtures and have a realistic chance of winning it, so may take their eye off the league a bit and have other distractions and the fact that Everton have an exra fixture to cram in and have a very thin squad, PLUS, i'd also add that we have gone the entire season without finding any rythmn or consistent form. No team with our quality goes an entire season without going on at least a small run of form.

We may screw it all up but a lot is in our favour and if I was an Arsenal fan, i'd be very nervous right now (even though i feel we will come up just short).

You have us only losing to Liverpool, **** only losing to City and Everton and Everton only losing to City.. This is the Premier League, you can be sure there will be many slip ups in there somewhere.. most probably by us ;)

Yeah, most probably, although at the moment i'd say it looks like Arsenal are showing the most fragile confidence and form.

I have pretty much put the results i'd expect. Of course results that you don't expect WILL happen, but in terms of prediction i don't think my Arsenal 4th, Spurs 5th and Everton 6th in the end will be out. That's what I expect and we definately have the best fixtures of the lot.

Interesting stuff guys, and very positive, especially from NWND.

Now, if we could only possibly conjure something out of Sunday...........!

In the same six games last season we took 15 points from a possible 18 with our only loss at home to Fulham. For me 72-74 points seems realistic.

I looked at this yesterday and worked out that we will probably finish 6th missing out on 5th on goal difference to Everton.

We won't get 4th, but Everton have a real chance. Also because of that pressure I wouldn't put it past Wenger to rest players for the cup games and end the season winning nothing again.
Didn't Martinez always have strong finishes to seasons with Wigan?

We won't get 4th, but Everton have a real chance. Also because of that pressure I wouldn't put it past Wenger to rest players for the cup games and end the season winning nothing again.
Didn't Martinez always have strong finishes to seasons with Wigan?

bit of both, not so much last time

Everton tend to though

Back