• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

That Miami track is a heap of brick, isn't it? Not even sure half of it is wide enough for two cars.

Street tracks are brick - I include Monaco in that.

I remember back in the day when they wanted to make a race in London.. I really thought it was a cool idea at the time but you are absolutely right.. street tracks are generally dogbrick aren't they. I much prefer those massive tracks with areas to run off. On a street track every incident ruins the race. It's much better when you see drivers go off on the dirt and try and keep the car going and rejoin etc. rather than race ending damage cos they touched the wall

there are still fans interested this year?

the floods in Italy are terrible

also, next GP there will be the 30th anniversary of Ayrton Senna's death, I still remember it like yesterday
Remember listening to it in the car with my dad on the way back from a Spurs game.

Remember watching it. Back when they didn’t cut away from crashes or streakers.
I remember that I immediately got that terrible feeling that he died. I started crying. And watch Senna the movie, I still cry after seeing it 10 times. Will never forgive Williams for that, because I'm 100% sure that dodgy steering wheel rod repair caused it.

Remember watching it. Back when they didn’t cut away from crashes or streakers.
You used to get footage of the streakers. Then you got a view of a random section of the crowd and a voiceover say "we're terribly sorry, but there seems to be a streaker on the pitch." And people complain about VAR.

Last edited:
The race in Monaco is often boring, unless it's wet, but the qualifying is usually close and exiting! So also this year! That Q1 was tense, and there's still 2 parts to go!

Wrexham Football Club owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are part of an investor group taking a 24% equity stake in Formula 1 team Alpine.

Alpine's parent company, Renault, announced on Monday the two Hollywood actors are investing alongside Otro Capital and RedBird Capital Partners.

The 200m euros (£171m) deal values Alpine Racing, which is based in Britain, at about £706m.

Alpine are fifth in this year's F1 constructors' championship.

Reynolds and McElhenney completed their takeover at Wrexham in 2021 and the Welsh club were promoted back to the Football League after a 15-year absence when they won the National League title in April.

US investment firm RedBird is an investor in Fenway Sports Group, the owner of Premier League side Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

RedBird bought Italian Serie A club AC Milan in August 2022 in a 1.2bn euro deal and also has a controlling stake in French Ligue 1 side Toulouse.

Alpine chief executive Laurent Rossi said: "This association is an important step to enhance our performance at all levels."

Rossi added the investment would "boost" the F1 team's media profile, which in turn would support Alpine's "performance over the long term".

Wrexham Football Club owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are part of an investor group taking a 24% equity stake in Formula 1 team Alpine.

Alpine's parent company, Renault, announced on Monday the two Hollywood actors are investing alongside Otro Capital and RedBird Capital Partners.

The 200m euros (£171m) deal values Alpine Racing, which is based in Britain, at about £706m.

Alpine are fifth in this year's F1 constructors' championship.

Reynolds and McElhenney completed their takeover at Wrexham in 2021 and the Welsh club were promoted back to the Football League after a 15-year absence when they won the National League title in April.

US investment firm RedBird is an investor in Fenway Sports Group, the owner of Premier League side Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

RedBird bought Italian Serie A club AC Milan in August 2022 in a 1.2bn euro deal and also has a controlling stake in French Ligue 1 side Toulouse.

Alpine chief executive Laurent Rossi said: "This association is an important step to enhance our performance at all levels."

Rossi added the investment would "boost" the F1 team's media profile, which in turn would support Alpine's "performance over the long term".

The more you read the more PR snowball it reads.

I like the two blokes, come over as great guys and no doubt Wrexham are a benefit from it, but there I no doubt this network or investment is all part of a larger picture of promoting everything they are involved with and creating a larger PR monster. Redbird - Redbull.....hmmm

He is probably the highlight of coverage at the moment. 8 wins from 10 for the same driver, its dull as dishwater at the moment

I'm not really too bothered about Max winning at the moment. It's not like they are getting 1-2s like Ferrari and Mercedes used too. We just had years of Mercedes winning everything so I'm happy to see them struggling. It also makes it more satisfying when teams like Aston Martin and McLaren make a leap up in performance.

He is probably the highlight of coverage at the moment. 8 wins from 10 for the same driver, its dull as dishwater at the moment

The Ashes today just highlighted the contrast. True competition, excitement and uncertainty vs obvious winner and little excitement. F1 has always been a bit dull. But seems a pointless show atm. Like they are all going through the motions, when everyone knew first race of the season what would happen. Indeed we posted it in this thread at the start of the season. A competition when you know the outcome is less sport and more show. WWE.

I’m no fan of Verstappen, but he’s still got to keep it on the track (so he’s improved from his early years), credit where it’s due.

That red bull is mighty, any of us could win races in it.

If it’s boring, it’s Ferrari and Mercedes to blame for not working hard enough on their car.

Back