• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Former Player Appreciation Thread

Normally like Jordan but I detest the way him and a lot of the media have piled in on Dele. Can't go a day without someone sticking the boot into him. He's still a very young man. There's a lot here we do not know in my view.

Would love him to come back and prove people wrong even if it's at another club. Even if he doesn't, I hope the guy finds happiness.
What a knob. Zero empathy, compassion, or understanding of what other factors may be at play. Probably he’s spent too long on the tanning bed.

I've always liked Ryan Mason and this episode has only made me respect him even more. Great interview, thankfully the hosts just let him talk and keep the hyperbole to a minimum. Would love for him to become our manager one day. Well worth a watch/listen.

What a fantastic interview, thank you for posting it here. Ryan came across so well.
I'm going to watch the Pochettino one very soon and then see what else is in the archive

Shortish interview with Erik Edman about his one goal for us (in Swedish). Has a lot of praise for Ledley and White Hart Lane.

https://www.sportbibeln.se/fotboll/...lte-hela-england-det-var-ett-stort-felbeslut/

Here's ChatGBT's translation:

The rest is, as they say, history. The ball went like a rocket straight into the top corner, and Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek could only stand and watch as the ball flew in behind him.

44,030 spectators were present at Anfield Road and it became completely silent. The goal was Erik's only one in a Tottenham jersey and was unsurprisingly voted the goal of the year in the Premier League that year.

Erik has talked about the goal several times and this is what he said in an interview with Sportbladet:

"Actually, it was a big mistake to shoot from that distance, but this time it turned out pretty good anyway. The ball sailed into the top corner below The Kop, and... It was mostly just surreal."

Erik Edman played with many great players during his career, but when asked by Sportbladet who the best was, there was no question about it:

"The best of them all was Ledley King. No discussion about it. He is the absolute best I have played with at club level, there is no one else who even comes close. Every time I had him next to me, I felt like I was having a good game."

He was also asked about his favorite stadium, and his answer was:

"White Hart Lane... There was nothing better, at least not for me. Everyone has their own specific favorite stadiums depending on where they have played, but I never experienced a better stadium during my career. So damn cool to play at. Tight as hell, great atmosphere, a magically awesome stadium."

Danny Rose's general vibe concerned me on the Sky Sports coverage.

I could be wrong but it seemed like more of an opportunity to announce he was looking for a club as well as sticking the boot in on us, and we're pretty easy target at the minute.

Was slightly sad to see his "banter" with Trippier at the end considering they're the same age and how their careers have turned out at this point...

Shortish interview with Erik Edman about his one goal for us (in Swedish). Has a lot of praise for Ledley and White Hart Lane.

https://www.sportbibeln.se/fotboll/...lte-hela-england-det-var-ett-stort-felbeslut/

Here's ChatGBT's translation:

The rest is, as they say, history. The ball went like a rocket straight into the top corner, and Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek could only stand and watch as the ball flew in behind him.

44,030 spectators were present at Anfield Road and it became completely silent. The goal was Erik's only one in a Tottenham jersey and was unsurprisingly voted the goal of the year in the Premier League that year.

Erik has talked about the goal several times and this is what he said in an interview with Sportbladet:

"Actually, it was a big mistake to shoot from that distance, but this time it turned out pretty good anyway. The ball sailed into the top corner below The Kop, and... It was mostly just surreal."

Erik Edman played with many great players during his career, but when asked by Sportbladet who the best was, there was no question about it:

"The best of them all was Ledley King. No discussion about it. He is the absolute best I have played with at club level, there is no one else who even comes close. Every time I had him next to me, I felt like I was having a good game."

He was also asked about his favorite stadium, and his answer was:

"White Hart Lane... There was nothing better, at least not for me. Everyone has their own specific favorite stadiums depending on where they have played, but I never experienced a better stadium during my career. So damn cool to play at. Tight as hell, great atmosphere, a magically awesome stadium
."

I am a broken record I know, but we should have really found a way to have just increased the capacity somehow. A 3rd tier on a couple of stands a-la-St james park.
Pretty sure we got have got it up to around 53,000-55,000.
Tbh in a few seasons time I see that being our average attendance...

Danny Rose's general vibe concerned me on the Sky Sports coverage.

I could be wrong but it seemed like more of an opportunity to announce he was looking for a club as well as sticking the boot in on us, and we're pretty easy target at the minute.

Was slightly sad to see his "banter" with Trippier at the end considering they're the same age and how their careers have turned out at this point...
Don’t forget his struggles with mental health. That might play into the things he says and does.

Don’t forget his struggles with mental health. That might play into the things he says and does.

If he suffered from true depression he wouldn't have even been able to turn up today. Instead he turned up with an agenda (and fair play to him for doing so despite the lack of humility).

It's like Lingard being worried about alcoholism because he was having a single measure drink every. Taking real mental health conditions as a buzzword for sympathy is a real no no imo.

But yeah he's definitely troubled by his choices and that was displayed explicitly by the interaction with Trippier. The guy literally said he fell back in love with football because of what he saw today, it wasn't even a competition (I mean that sadly as a slight towards the Spurs players today)..

If he suffered from true depression he wouldn't have even been able to turn up today. Instead he turned up with an agenda (and fair play to him for doing so despite the lack of humility).

It's like Lingard being worried about alcoholism because he was having a single measure drink every. Taking real mental health conditions as a buzzword for sympathy is a real no no imo.

But yeah he's definitely troubled by his choices and that was displayed explicitly by the interaction with Trippier. The guy literally said he fell back in love with football because of what he saw today, it wasn't even a competition (I mean that sadly as a slight towards the Spurs players today)..
Thanks for the diagnosis of the struggles of Danny Rose.

Thanks for the diagnosis of the struggles of Danny Rose.

No problem! Rather than a diagnosis I only offered my opinion but perhaps you're too simple to know the difference. Even the professionals get things wrong in terms of diagnosis and I'm going to guess you've fudge all experience of that so it must be mystery as well.

If you can "put in a shift" whilst suffering from depression, it's an legitimately an impressive feat, even if you make an arse out of yourself in the process. Danny turned up for work, so I respect him for that even if he made it awkward when he got there. However, camera facing work might not be the way forward for him.

Did you fall back in love with football after watching today's game? Perhaps it was just a "people with Danny Rose's mental health condition" symptom. Lol...

Random question - does anyone know why we let Chris Fairclough leave in 1989?

He obviously went on to become the mainstay of Leeds' championship winning side a couple of years later. Did we really rate Sedgley more as Mabbutt's partner, or did something else go on?

John Bostock just scored, with the help of some really brick goalkeeping, to keep Notts County alive in the National League playoff final.

John Bostock just scored, with the help of some really brick goalkeeping, to keep Notts County alive in the National League playoff final.

Cant believe after the battle they had with Wrexham. 107pts and they dont go up

edit: 2-2 They have done it again. This team wont lie down

Random question - does anyone know why we let Chris Fairclough leave in 1989?

He obviously went on to become the mainstay of Leeds' championship winning side a couple of years later. Did we really rate Sedgley more as Mabbutt's partner, or did something else go on?

Was that when El Tel got his drinking buddy Fenwick back and played him a lot?

Back