• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and Homophobia

Yay, way to go! Yes, it's 2013 and it shouldn't really matter, and most people don't really care - but this is a great initiative in my opinion, and won't hurt anyone in any way.

I don't hate gays, i don't like all that noisy hype about gays rights etc. And i think we got too much political correctness in the modern world

I don't really give much thought to issues like gay rights, it just doesn't concern me. I agree about PC though, **** is getting out of hand. I especially loathe the "your rights end where my feelings begin' crowd.

I bet the fuss when a player "comes out" (must be a better phrase than that?) will be far less than people expect, the gutter press will play on it but most fans couldn't give a monkeys I expect

I suspect that on a personal level, many fans won't care. Which would reflect the societal shift in opinion regarding gay rights in the past 30 years. You tend to act very differently when you're in the stadium however and I imagine the first player to do this will receive quite a bit of stick from stadia countrywide, from people who wouldn't think twice about gays outside. Anything to gain an advantage.

I don't hate gays, i don't like all that noisy hype about gays rights etc. And i think we got too much political correctness in the modern world

You don't like all the noisy hype about gays having the same rights as us heterosexual people?

I bet the fuss when a player "comes out" (must be a better phrase than that?) will be far less than people expect, the gutter press will play on it but most fans couldn't give a monkeys I expect

Agree. It'll only take one big name player, like Ronaldo (erhum), and the issue will be put to bed once and for all. Today's generations as a whole are far less interested/troubled by things like this.

You don't like all the noisy hype about gays having the same rights as us heterosexual people?

gays have the same rights as us heterosexual people, have not they? vote, perfom, work - no? GHod, children are dying in Africa, who cares? who really cares?
and, yes, I'm political incorrect, I don't uderstand all this **** with guys kissing each other, disgusting for me (but I like girls sex, it's hot:)), don't understand gays in army, don't understand all that afro-american hype - in my language we call them - negr (негр), it's not abusive word in my culture context, I'm not racist. It's abnormal for me when a child raised in a gay family - is it modern and dynamic?? Western world is obsessed with PC, in my opinion.
Guns N'Roses song One in a Million reflects my feelings perfectly.

gays have the same rights as us heterosexual people, have not they? vote, perfom, work - no? GHod, children are dying in Africa, who cares? who really cares?
and, yes, I'm political incorrect, I don't uderstand all this **** with guys kissing each other, disgusting for me (but I like girls sex, it's hot:)), don't understand gays in army, don't understand all that afro-american hype - in my language we call them - negr (негр), it's not abusive word in my culture context, I'm not racist. It's abnormal for me when a child raised in a gay family - is it modern and dynamic?? Western world is obsessed with PC, in my opinion.

What the ****ing ****?

Seriously, who gives a ****. I look at gay blokes the same way I look at blonde blokes. They're different from me, but y'know, not. (I'm brunette/grey by the way).

I just wish the whole world could move on. Especially the whole gay marriage. Some comedian summed it up - let them suffer like the rest of us.

The church don't have a leg to stand on. You can get married skydiving naked, you can get married and divorced as much as you like, and the only thing stopping an adult from marrying a child are state laws, not church laws. But they would be oh so outraged if a couple ****s or lezzos got married? Jeez.

Yes - and I hope in time words like **** and lezzo are as main stream as Pom, ranga, Jew in most main stream English s

Seriously, who gives a ****. I look at gay blokes the same way I look at blonde blokes. They're different from me, but y'know, not. (I'm brunette/grey by the way).

I just wish the whole world could move on. Especially the whole gay marriage. Some comedian summed it up - let them suffer like the rest of us.

The church don't have a leg to stand on. You can get married skydiving naked, you can get married and divorced as much as you like, and the only thing stopping an adult from marrying a child are state laws, not church laws. But they would be oh so outraged if a couple ****s or lezzos got married? Jeez.

Yes - and I hope in time words like **** and lezzo are as main stream as Pom, ranga, Jew in most main stream English s

Speaking of lesbians, has anyone else ever noticed that (much like pirates) they don't live up to what life leads you to expect?

It's one of life's cruel ironies. Gay blokes are generally more attractive than gay sheilas.

There's an argument thats" its 2013 and it shouldn't really matter". Maybe in most of western europe that's true but look at Russia, look at the middle east, look at africa. The Premier League is watched worldwide and influences people worldwide. If a premier league footballer can change the attitude of a few members of the next generation watching the premier league in countries with homophobic laws and cultures then this is worth it.

Also, getting players to wear rainbow laces isn't going to change attitudes, it's just a publicity stunt. People who are homophobic aren't going to change their views just because Rooney is wearing pretty laces in his boots.

Attitudes are changed over time, often generations. Not instantly. Which one campaign, which one project changed the views on racism? It was a slow moving process requiring generational change, as this is.

People who are homophobic and middle aged might not change their mind (although some might). A kid growing up with homophobic parents being exposed to their drivel day in day out might be influenced by one of his heroes wearing rainbow laces though. A young man picking on another for being gay might reconsider ever so slightly. These things add up.

These campaigns aren't just for there to change the attitudes of biggots either. I'll continue in my reply to the quote from Yiddo.

Like the whole racism thing its ****ing 2013, Who gives a ****?

Suicide rates among gay and lesbian teenagers are most likely several times higher than among straight teenagers. Who cares? How about the families and friends of those individuals?

These kind of projects aren't just to try to change minds, it's also to show support to a group of people that often find themselves in difficult situations. Some here seem to think that attitudes have changed and that's it. That's not the case, as illustrated by suicide rates.

What's the problem with gays in GB? Supporting gays = modern and dynamic??? So many real problems all around.
Just have a moment of fun by trolling my fella homophobic arsenal fan)) And yes, I'm homophobic too.

The only good thing about your opinion is that it's becoming antiquated. A few decades from now it will most likely be seen comparable to the way we view racist opinions being vocalised not that many years ago.

Too much political correctness can be a real problem, and it can also be annoying. To me though it's just as annoying when people defend their views by claiming that the only problem is too much political correctness.

I think I've posted this video before on this forum, but it's worth re-posting:

[video=youtube;GrEbJBFWIPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEbJBFWIPk[/video]

If you watch that would you really tell him "who cares?" Would you really tell him it's not a real problem worth his time? Would you tell him that he's obsessed with political correctness?

Most straight men find the thought of gay (male) sex disgusting. I do. Nothing wrong with that. I also find the idea of old fat straight people doing it disgusting. So I don't spend my time thinking about either of those situations. Be disgusted all you want, that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to do what they like with the same rights as everyone else.

A child raised in a gay family might be abnormal, depending on which definition of abnormal you use. It being abnormal as in deviating from what is usual doesn't make it wrong and doesn't make it something that shouldn't happen. The gay adoption issue is one of the most obvious and clearest cut parts of any conversation about homophobia.

By saying that gay people shouldn't be able to adopt you're not only robbing the potential parents of their experience you're also punishing the child. An innocent child who could be a part of a loving family with the necessary means to raise a child is instead sentenced to a childhood in a third world, underfunded orphanage. Followed most likely by an entire lifetime in abject poverty. How anyone could think that of these two options that gay marriage is the worst is to me completely unreasonable. And I might add, truly disgusting.

It's another culture, different opinion. You show no respect for my point of view, so let me show no respect for gay propaganda.
Still love you, mate)

Nobody is compelled to respect another person's point of view. It is one of the great myths of the modern world: "It's my opinion/my culture/my religion and therefore you must respect it!"

Erm, oh no I bloody well don't! I'll respect what I chose to respect and disrespect what I chose to disrespect based on my own values, thanks very much. I am under no obligation whatsoever to grant respect simply because somebody demands it or simply because somebody labels their intolerance "my opinion". You have a right to hold those views of course, but you have no right to automatically expect respect for them.

If you watch that would you really tell him "who cares?" Would you really tell him it's not a real problem worth his time? Would you tell him that he's obsessed with political correctness?

Most straight men find the thought of gay (male) sex disgusting. I do. Nothing wrong with that. I also find the idea of old fat straight people doing it disgusting. So I don't spend my time thinking about either of those situations. Be disgusted all you want, that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to do what they like with the same rights as everyone else.

A child raised in a gay family might be abnormal, depending on which definition of abnormal you use. It being abnormal as in deviating from what is usual doesn't make it wrong and doesn't make it something that shouldn't happen. The gay adoption issue is one of the most obvious and clearest cut parts of any conversation about homophobia.

By saying that gay people shouldn't be able to adopt you're not only robbing the potential parents of their experience you're also punishing the child. An innocent child who could be a part of a loving family with the necessary means to raise a child is instead sentenced to a childhood in a third world, underfunded orphanage. Followed most likely by an entire lifetime in abject poverty. How anyone could think that of these two options that gay marriage is the worst is to me completely unreasonable. And I might add, truly disgusting.

"What do you think I fought for at Omaha Beach?" - What do you think my grandpa fought for at Stalingrad? - for our motherland, for our people, for our culture. Our culture. Our way of life. In our point of view sodomy is perversion. Like bestiality for example.
Do not demonize me, I have fella who is gay. I'm freaking fan of Graham Chapman. Nobody's perfect) Nobody shoots gays in the streets, they live their own life, but please do not say its normal, do not say it to my child. Do not let perverts raise children.

Back