• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2015/16

The Bedford Spurs fan club normally get all the tickets they allay for

Now we're getting roughly 40% of what they apply for

For Southampton they have given the lads 1 ticket upper west
Then 8 in the south lower and 8 in the north lower

Not sure who will have the single ticket which is a bit daft of the club

It's getting harder and harder and the only thing I'd add is that it will be interesting if we have A blip next season how the ticket demand is

It's getting harder and harder and the only thing I'd add is that it will be interesting if we have A blip next season how the ticket demand is

Norwegian supporters' club applied for 14 and got 10, spread around obviously. Will be interesting to see next season as they will start applying for a lot more (this was just a trial run). Is there a fixed number of tickets that supporter clubs share?

There are usually 100-200 Norwegians at most games, though quite a few have season tickets or get them through a travel agency (Thomas Cook affiliated or dodgy).

Are you suggesting that the glory hunters who have come out recently will disappear if we slip backwards :eek:

Norwegian supporters' club applied for 14 and got 10, spread around obviously. Will be interesting to see next season as they will start applying for a lot more (this was just a trial run). Is there a fixed number of tickets that supporter clubs share?

There are usually 100-200 Norwegians at most games, though quite a few have season tickets or get them through a travel agency (Thomas Cook affiliated or dodgy).

No idea
I have a season ticket and just helped out with admin

Are you suggesting that the glory hunters who have come out recently will disappear if we slip backwards :eek:

Could happen first half of the season. But I think the demand for the last 5/6 matches at WHL will go through the roof.

Obviously the demand for the last match will eclipse anything anybody has witnessed in recent times, worse than Milan,Madrid and Southampton this week, but you can guarantee there will be people coming for the penultimate matches too that would not normally visit to make their final pilgrimage, or even possibly, only visit.

It does not bear thinking about what price some people will be listing a ticket for on StubHub for the final game, because believe me despite the significance of the occasion you can be sure there will be people who will sell their seat on just for the mega-profit

It does not bear thinking about what price some people will be listing a ticket for on StubHub for the final game, because believe me despite the significance of the occasion you can be sure there will be people who will sell their seat on just for the mega-profit

The times I have had to use stub hub to sell my ticket this year I have listed it for me to get face value back, unsurprisingly the tickets have sold easily every time

The times I have had to use stub hub to sell my ticket this year I have listed it for me to get face value back, unsurprisingly the tickets have sold easily every time

Exactly Mark, thats how it should be, not so-called fans ripping off their fellow supporters. I know if we get offered a ST we cant get to every match so I would have to list them on Stub-hub, but like you at face value, whatever the match.
I know how hard it is to get tickets nowadays and would not even dream of taking advantage of the misfortune of others who are struggling to make it

I paid 74 on stub hub for the arsenal game which included a 9 fee which wasn't bad. Today I've paid 50 plus a 9 fee for a face value of 42 so someone has made 8 quid out of me.

Could happen first half of the season. But I think the demand for the last 5/6 matches at WHL will go through the roof.

Obviously the demand for the last match will eclipse anything anybody has witnessed in recent times, worse than Milan,Madrid and Southampton this week, but you can guarantee there will be people coming for the penultimate matches too that would not normally visit to make their final pilgrimage, or even possibly, only visit.
It would be great (maybe not quite the right word) if the club could somehow not announce an on sale date for the last game at the beginning of the season but rather just list it as TBC. Then sometime earlyish in the season (October/November) put that game on sale. At least then those that are following the club news or checking emails from the club might have a bit of an inside chance to be ahead of the queue and you would have to commit early. Total wishful thinking and a shot in the dark. Otherwise it has to go on loyalty points to be in anyway fair. In any event the day those tickets go on sale I may have to take the day off and either queue in person or sit at home with 20 browser windows open.

It would be great (maybe not quite the right word) if the club could somehow not announce an on sale date for the last game at the beginning of the season but rather just list it as TBC. Then sometime earlyish in the season (October/November) put that game on sale. At least then those that are following the club news or checking emails from the club might have a bit of an inside chance to be ahead of the queue and you would have to commit early. Total wishful thinking and a shot in the dark. Otherwise it has to go on loyalty points to be in anyway fair. In any event the day those tickets go on sale I may have to take the day off and either queue in person or sit at home with 20 browser windows open.

Loyalty points would absolutely be the fairest way, but 100% will not happen. The club will see this as a massive oppurtunity to get extra members to join. I can see an annoucement next Jan of half-price Memberships enticing non-members to be 'Part of the final chapter at the Lane'. I guarantee loads will join as a one-off just to have a chance to be there. Extra money for the company. This is not a football club anymore its a business and the bosses would not be doing their job right if they missed out on a massive marketing opputunity. Whether we think its right or wrong.

The multiple browsers - tbh it is just absolute pot luck isnt it. I was at work asked the boss if I could use a few spare PC's and managed to have 3 open all at different start time. Earliest one I thought would get in too early but was stuck about 10mm from the end from around 9.05am, other two were seemingly stuck half-way and third-way around. Got to around 9.45am, tried the ticketline and was on hold, just for curiousity opened another window on my PC and f#ck me went straight into the ticket menu, bang got 2 tickets Row 1 Upper Paxton.
Happy, but doesn't alter the fact the system is flawed

Loyalty points would absolutely be the fairest way, but 100% will not happen. The club will see this as a massive oppurtunity to get extra members to join. I can see an annoucement next Jan of half-price Memberships enticing non-members to be 'Part of the final chapter at the Lane'. I guarantee loads will join as a one-off just to have a chance to be there. Extra money for the company. This is not a football club anymore its a business and the bosses would not be doing their job right if they missed out on a massive marketing opputunity. Whether we think its right or wrong.

The multiple browsers - tbh it is just absolute pot luck isnt it. I was at work asked the boss if I could use a few spare PC's and managed to have 3 open all at different start time. Earliest one I thought would get in too early but was stuck about 10mm from the end from around 9.05am, other two were seemingly stuck half-way and third-way around. Got to around 9.45am, tried the ticketline and was on hold, just for curiousity opened another window on my PC and f#ck me went straight into the ticket menu, bang got 2 tickets Row 1 Upper Paxton.
Happy, but doesn't alter the fact the system is flawed
Agree. Already do the multiple browser thing and it's not necessarily the first one open that gets in. Total pot luck. No logic to it. I know a lot of people have issues with the Trust but this is exactly the sort of thing they should be making a noise about now (not in 8 or 9 months time) just because they have the access to the club hierarchy.

I'm not generally one to get into disputes in the ground but on Thurs I had a seat in the north upper and the gents sitting behind me spent the whole of the first half slagging off every player including those on the bench which I couldn't fathom. They were also discussing how much they'd made this season by selling their season tickets via Stubhub.

Having missed out on tix for Southampton myself although having attended 15+ home games this season to hear a couple of season ticket holders gleefully talking about how much they'll make from that game. To paraphrase them if they don't make at least £200 they'll be annoyed. This is where I got annoyed and told them I thought they are scum and stopping true fans getting season tickets. They pretty much laughed it off and said they'll be looking forward to how much more they can make next season!

I mentioned earlier that they spent the first half moaning, I didn't hear a peep in the second half on the basis they had left because the team is an embarrassment...

Next season, Membership home tickets should absolutely be based on loyalty points (and that would rule me out as I get from various sources). If the supporters trust do anything it should be campaign for this.

Next season, Membership home tickets should absolutely be based on loyalty points (and that would rule me out as I get from various sources). If the supporters trust do anything it should be campaign for this.

Can't see that happening as it would be deterring to potential new fans.

I paid 74 on stub hub for the arsenal game which included a 9 fee which wasn't bad. Today I've paid 50 plus a 9 fee for a face value of 42 so someone has made 8 quid out of me.
They won't have made anything.... As they also have to pay stub hub a fee similar to the one you had to pay.

I'm not generally one to get into disputes in the ground but on Thurs I had a seat in the north upper and the gents sitting behind me spent the whole of the first half slagging off every player including those on the bench which I couldn't fathom. They were also discussing how much they'd made this season by selling their season tickets via Stubhub.

Having missed out on tix for Southampton myself although having attended 15+ home games this season to hear a couple of season ticket holders gleefully talking about how much they'll make from that game. To paraphrase them if they don't make at least £200 they'll be annoyed. This is where I got annoyed and told them I thought they are scum and stopping true fans getting season tickets. They pretty much laughed it off and said they'll be looking forward to how much more they can make next season!

I mentioned earlier that they spent the first half moaning, I didn't hear a peep in the second half on the basis they had left because the team is an embarrassment...

It must be the air in the North Stand, the blokes around me moan all the time (except from Christmas) and made going to games a dour prospect. I always believed that the team will play better if the crowd are with them, but my son pointed out to me that Palace (who have the most vocal support) have a terrible home record.

Back